UM -17.5 vs. UVA

Advertisement
The GT game scares me some but I’m not going to count on UVA hitting on all cylinders again two weeks in a row. This is Miami and weirder things have obviously happened. I just don’t see it. I’m taking Miami and the Over.

The GT game scares me some but I’m not going to count on UVA hitting on all cylinders again two weeks in a row. This is Miami and weirder things have obviously happened. I just don’t see it. I’m taking Miami and the Over.
I think UVA was coming off a bye and caught UNC at the right time. We should win this but I am just not sure about the spread.

Advertisement
I think UVA was coming off a bye and caught UNC at the right time. We should win this but I am just not sure about the spread.
True. My only hesitation is I doubt they come out slinging the ball. I think they’ll be content winning 31-14 or 28-17 or something. Which is solid but won’t cover. If TVD attempts over 25 passes it’s gonna be a rough night.

You betting against the team you supposedly support means it’s justified. Smh. To each his own, I guess.
No it’s simply assessing the teams, the line, and making a judgment backed with money to hopefully make more. But you’re right, to each their own.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ah man shut up
Stop quoting me and I won’t respond. It’s pretty simple just like the concept of a hedge bet. When it comes to gambling (which I don’t do often) I **** sure don’t do it with my ******* fan hat on. Either Miami meets or outperforms the expectations, or I make money. It’s a common sense win-win.

Stop quoting me and I won’t respond. It’s pretty simple just like the concept of a hedge bet. When it comes to gambling (which I don’t do often) I **** sure don’t do it with my ******* fan hat on. Either Miami meets or outperforms the expectations, or I make money. It’s a common sense win-win.
Go **** yourself

that's not what hedging a bet means

Advertisement
that's not what hedging a bet means
From a strictly monetary standpoint you’re right. I’m hedging on the expectations of my teams by betting against their lines (a couple which seem a little much) to limit them…….is that better??

Then again, if you actually read my post you’d understand I didn’t say hedging a bet I said a hedge bet.

I’m forever traumatized by what I saw against GT, but that is one big line…

No way I’m touching this.
Agree 1000%

This team/program is in this stage where we are tremendously improved from last year, we have much more talent and we are a good team that can be very good on occasion. The problem is that we aren't talented enough, deep enough or experienced enough to be immune to krapping the bed against mediocre competition and we certainly aren't good enough to be 17.5 point favorites at home against a 2-5 UVA squad who beat UNC on the road last week. Our head coach deserves a lot of credit for building this program up, turning us around and having us where we are. He is also known for inexplicable game management blunders including what is most certainly the biggest blunder in program history.

In other words..... Don't you even think about putting money on Miami covering the spread.

Does Muskett operate out of the shotgun?
Taking Notes GIF by One Chicago

Advertisement
Back