Two lessons from this class and Avantae Williams

Advertisement
Agreed!!! Winning, excitement and a lot of publicity will come because we are Miami. Must also keep improving the facilities and create something facility wise that is so Miami and separates us from all other programs (?).
The beach and the grove already does that. It’s gotta be all football they see now.

I see a lot of green and orange around The Boot (Louisiana), MIAMI Glory days are thick around here, ppl here know what The U was this is why MIAMI needs to invade The Boot, believe it or not MIAMI could kill it in recruiting in this state..
I believe it’s coming back. I wish we didn’t cut Branch off but.. I wanna get some DTs outta there.

Advertisement
If Lashlee can get King & this offense to run at an optimum level & we mess around win 10 games + Coastal, plus with the additions of Reed, Lockette & Hyppolite, we might actually clean up in recruiting for the 21 class.

Idk why but this season just feels different than the last few...
Glad you feeling better dawg! I can't lie the losing last year was ******* with me big time. I let it go in December. Especially once we fired yo! This feels different..I'm not calling it but I wouldn't be shocked if we **** around and win the coastal and give Clemson **** in the acccg

I know what your saying but I don’t think Reed will be on the sidelines. Do high school players even care about Reed?

If Beta Blake James can be on the sidelines (or in the tunnel), then Ed Reed can too.

And, yes, HS players care about a guy who just went into the Hall of Fame.

Advertisement
I got stopped or thrown the U like 10x in Vegas, last year. I was surprised.
one summer about 1991, I was wearing a T-shirt that said " Team of the '80's" or something like that on Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights. It listed the two NCs we had won, in '83 and '87. All of a sudden the homeless women whom I frequently saw on the street yelled at me, "What about '89?"

Now Rumph and Banda just need to keep building off their past 2 recruiting class and developing their skills on the trail. There is still a hole when it comes to LB and OL recruiting, UM needs to get better in that department, hopefully this 2021 class is where we will see it.

Great job by Manny and Co pulling off what many of us didn’t think would happen - getting Avantae to go with this amazing class signed particularly given the 6-7 season. Adjusted for King and Roche one would have to believe this class, with the transfers, is in the Top 7 discussion. Got to give Manny props for pulling in this stellar class; most of whom appear to have the work ethic and grind needed to continue to turn this ship around towards respectability. If Manny can get the team to 9+ wins, a Coastal crown, and give Clemson all they can handle in the ACCCG, what’s stopping us from landing another outstanding Top 10 recruiting class? The key now after the NSD’s is to get the kids focused on grinding it out through S&C and Soring practice. I can’t wait to see the Spring game especially with the new pieces on offense and Lashlee’s play calling!!!

Advertisement
If we hadn't **** our pants to end the season, the class would've been better. But if we didn't **** our pants Enos, Barry, and Stubblefield would all still be here, and D'Eriq King wouldn't.

I totally agree with your statement, but...

I would have preferred that Enos, Barry and Stubblefield would have been excellent and Enos’ chosen QB would have thrived. We’d have gotten at least 10 wins, already be known to be on the road back, and returning a young QB with a year of success under his belt.

I could have avoided all the **** that I feel when we look so bad.

My preference was shattered, and the team has made moves that, to me, look shockingly good.

Now, my preference, hope, dream is that this group leads us back, with the only coach/player losses being because they’re seniors going to the NFL, they’re JR’s going in the first round, or they’re coaches getting BIG time jobs because of how amazing they’ve been here.

Then, it’s key to replace them with excellence—- which is easier to do if we’re customarily winning 10 to 14 games per year.

At least, I can dream...

I've saying that over and over. We were fortunate to have a N.O. homie (CJ) as our WR coach for ten years.

Need to go back to Texas and Louisiana. I have said repeatedly we had ten Texans on 2001 team.
Had Texans on those 80’s and 90’s teams too.. 3 of my all time favorite Canes from Texas. Kevin Williams, Jesse Armstead, and Jonathan Harris. I hung out with K. Williams a couple times, when he was a Dallas Cowboy.

If Lashlee can get King & this offense to run at an optimum level & we mess around win 10 games + Coastal, plus with the additions of Reed, Lockette & Hyppolite, we might actually clean up in recruiting for the 21 class.

You know what else will need to be cleaned up? My posts from the 2019-20 season. Gonna have to mine those takes and extract those from existence.

Advertisement

We saw what can happen here in 2017. That was just a glimpse of what we can be. I hope we win some games this year.

As D$ said - persistence is key.

Texas A&M, Texas, and Tennessee all finished above us in class rankings this year - and they haven't won any more than us the last 3-4 years. You can recruit without wins.

Winning will make the recruiting sales pitch stronger - but to start winning you need some dogs in recruiting who can sell recruits even without the wins. Closing Avantae Williams is a good sign of doing that.

Barton on the Cover 3 podcast mentioned the Avante pickup but also said that our ranking is closer to Oklahoma, Oregon, and Michigan, than Texas and Florida. Pretty much there's a gap between those schools.

Advertisement
Back