Two lessons from this class and Avantae Williams

Tree.gif

Really going out on a limb there, brother.

Advertisement
And followed with #16, #14 and #33. Losing will catch up with you.

Win at a Top 15 level and we can recruit at a Top 10 level. And from there, just keep building.

D$...

Have the classes been "re-ranked" accordingly with transfer portal and today's signed LOIs?

And followed with #16, #14 and #33. Losing will catch up with you.

Win at a Top 15 level and we can recruit at a Top 10 level. And from there, just keep building.
Agreed!!! Winning, excitement and a lot of publicity will come because we are Miami. Must also keep improving the facilities and create something facility wise that is so Miami and separates us from all other programs (?).

It is ******* amazing we have the 12th ranked class after all of this suckage.

as D$ stated, the brand is actually strong, much stronger than the actual program(presently)

When I travel and have my UM gear on (my UM Nike sweatsuit is usually what I have) -- I always get comments like 'Hey the U!!'. It's actually surprising it still happens. Miami still resonates nationally believe it or not

Advertisement
2. Paradise Camp is an NSD preview. If you want to see what our class will look like, go to Paradise Camp. This year, we had TVD, Worsham, Avantae, Rivers, Chris Washington, Clarke, Balom and more. We need to continue to devote resources and efforts to that event because we get return on investment.

Then they should have invited a **** ton more of OL

Weird how we weren't persistent
1. Persistence matters. A lot of people clowned the staff for continuing to recruit Avantae Williams, Jaylan Knighton, Chantz Williams and Jalen Rivers. Our coaches were on those guys for 3+ years. At various points, it looked like we would miss on all four. Now they are Hurricanes. Relationships matter and things can change quickly.

2. Paradise Camp is an NSD preview. If you want to see what our class will look like, go to Paradise Camp. This year, we had TVD, Worsham, Avantae, Rivers, Chris Washington, Clarke, Balom and more. We need to continue to devote resources and efforts to that event because we get return on investment.

At the end of the day, we lost to FIU and still finished with the 12th ranked class. The U brand remains strong after 15 years of struggle. Win and they will come.
Weird flex on #1 given we essentially gave up or never really tried with a bunch of guys. I mean, yeah, they went hard for Knighton, but we gave up on Walker. Who's running the show? Are we never going to give up on elite recruits or are we only going to go hard for the ones we win?

Advertisement
Until Williams get he did🤷🏾‍♂️, who cares I’m glad of both banda’s and rumphs recent gets. They all are canes at the end of the day

Ya I'm very critical...And will be in the future. Good job though...Rumph still could have been better, and he really needs to get it going locally. But Banda rebounded tremendously off of the Francois L (and less face it, that kid's a prima donna) and landed Harrell and now Williams. I personally don't think either is good as their rankings, but I think both are definite takes and excellent wins for UM.

Ya I'm very critical...And will be in the future. Good job though...Rumph still could have been better, and he really needs to get it going locally. But Banda rebounded tremendously off of the Francois L (and less face it, that kid's a prima donna) and landed Harrell and now Williams. I personally don't think either is good as their rankings, but I think both are definite takes and excellent wins for UM.
I agree however it wasn’t a strong class locally at cb. As I’ve said before both rumph and banda have recruited db better than any db coach we have had in a minute and that’s even with their misses. Yeah they both miss on guys but they still amass some good gets and Db recruiting is not one of my main complaints in recruiting right now or anywhere near it. Could it be better? Of course but they do well enough

I agree however it wasn’t a strong class locally at cb. As I’ve said before both rumph and banda have recruited db better than any db coach we have had in a minute and that’s even with their misses. Yeah they both miss on guys but they still amass some good gets and Db recruiting is not one of my main complaints in recruiting right now or anywhere near it. Could it be better? Of course but they do well enough

Before Isaiah Dunson and Tae Williams, DB should have definitely been one of your main complaints, because it's been below standard the last couple of years.

And we are still thin at CB...I mean 6 obviously isn't enough in today's game...And that still falls on Rumph.

I don't think Henry Gray is a star, but takable....Can live without him with all the drama though. Hodges could have def played here...As could have Delancy. D.Brown was an take or leave for me, but would have helped...Potts prob deserved a look being that we are thing.

But ya the others were nickel only and it's ok to pass a year here and there on those smallish types. And there are some excellent ones next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Lashlee can get King & this offense to run at an optimum level & we mess around win 10 games + Coastal, plus with the additions of Reed, Lockette & Hyppolite, we might actually clean up in recruiting for the 21 class.

Idk why but this season just feels different than the last few...
I think it’s because we have a coach who is **** bent on winning. Can Manny make it happen? I’m not sure. But, it’s **** clear he is trying and I think he will do anything he can to make that happen. Best we can all day is cheer him on and hope for the best.

If Lashlee can get King & this offense to run at an optimum level & we mess around win 10 games + Coastal, plus with the additions of Reed, Lockette & Hyppolite, we might actually clean up in recruiting for the 21 class.

Need a transfer OL for me to feel "different."

1. Persistence matters. A lot of people clowned the staff for continuing to recruit Avantae Williams, Jaylan Knighton, Chantz Williams and Jalen Rivers. Our coaches were on those guys for 3+ years. At various points, it looked like we would miss on all four. Now they are Hurricanes. Relationships matter and things can change quickly.

At the end of the day, we lost to FIU and still finished with the 12th ranked class. The U brand remains strong after 15 years of struggle. Win and they will come.

Don’t forget kicker my guy.

This is the first off season in forever where I look at the roster as a whole and feel really good about it. Rb depth and ol make me nervous but nowhere as nervous as last year. Especially if we grab a ol in the portal in spring.

Advertisement
Before Isaiah Dunson and Tae Williams, DB should have definitely been one of your main complaints, because it's been below standard the last couple of years.

And we are still thin at CB...I mean 6 obviously isn't enough in today's game...And that still falls on Rumph.

I don't think Henry Gray is a star, but takable....Can live without him. Hodges could have def played here...As could have Delancy. D.Brown was an take or leave for me, but would have helped...Potts prob deserved a look being that we are thing.

But ya the others were nickel only and it's ok to pass a year here and there on those smallish types. And there are some excellent ones next year.
I’m just speaking in general of the whole group which is alluding to the last 3 classes or so. A lot of db talent

I’m just speaking in general of the whole group which is alluding to the last 3 classes or so. A lot of db talent

i still can’t give it “alot” brock. Safety better than corner and some players i like at both

def have had some wins, not enough imo.

Offense in the spring game will tell us all we need to know.. If where doing what Lashlee says we are in the spring.. reup on the season tix

Advertisement
Back