Travon Thomas, '19 DE

I'm really stoked on some of our "non blue-chip" guys.

I think Good with his skills and Rumph's technique work will be an absolute monster. If Munoz was dominating camp and is coming from STA's defense that's enough for me to be hype. You can tell Brownlee is going to be the truth.

The prospect I'm most down on is MJJ at QB. He isn't going to be one of the 12 going to the Opening. MJJ is a freak athlete and would be an elite Wideout here so I won't be sad if we get him. I just want elite accuracy and decision making as traits 1 and 2 for QB prospects.

Our 3 star Florida cats are a different breed. Rousseau will show out. Garvin straight up embarrassed a top 10 NFL pick. If Pinckney is focused and committed hes as good as anyone. D Smith has been a great surprise, better than "4 star blue chip" McCloud. J Miller has some promise.

Yes, I don't want a bunch of Zach Dykstras for body count. But IDGAF what 247 has to say. I want the monsters from down here. I will also put a grand bet that D Good has the more productive career than Sanguinetti.

Sanguinetti gotta finish running the 40 first

Advertisement
Well he's forced to be a power rusher because he lines up at DT for his HS team...He obviously doesn't project at DT moving forward.

No but his traits project into a power rusher. He's high motor with good forward lean and he's physical and aggressive with his hands. I don't see the edge speed and bend of a Garvin or the length and fluidity of a Joe Jackson.

It's good to have a variety of lineman types on a roster to match up with different opponents and give specific OL multiple looks during a game. Imagine an OT having to vertical set quick to a deep landmark for several plays vs. Garvin and then have an all-out bullrusher come in and catch them off balance with an inside power move.

Last edited:
When we have a loaded class, the stars are high, everyone turns into a star ***** and pounds their chest at what a great class it is.

When we have a bunch of 3 stars, you get this thread. People are tripping all over themselves trying to say how they'll move up the rankings, we're doing our own evaluations rather than recruiting from a website, and our guys are underappreciated by the services.

**** is funny as **** and it happens every year.

Advertisement
When we have a loaded class, the stars are high, everyone turns into a star who're amd pounds their chest at what a great class it is.

When we have a bunch of 3 stars, you get this thread. People are tripping all over themselves trying to say how they'll move up the rankings, we're doing our own evaluations rather than recruiting from a website, and our guys are underappreciated by the services.

**** is funny as **** and it happens every year.

I think these are different groups of posters. Guys like me who don't really care about stars post on threads like this. To be honest, if local experts like Fish or Gogeta have good things to say about a recruit, and my eyes tell me the highlights are solid, I really could care less if he's a no-star or a 5-star. Meanwhile, guys who care about the stars post in those threads. ... That said, if a kid like Stevenson commits, who tops out the list regardless of rankings, everyone is happy, and you get both groups posting good things.

Doesn't matter, he's a 3* so that means he sucks

Fire Richt

Correct, @brock ?
Not high on that commitment , this won’t get anywhere whatsoever lol

-and where is this thinking that I’m anti richt rhetoric coming from? I’m one of the biggest supporters of richt on here...

Sometimes truth hurts, look at bama class, osu class, Georgia class.. they are not filled with this many 3 stars. Of our 13 commits only 5 we got are 4stars. That’s not a good ratio and the 3 stars who should at least be a 4 star out of our commits is cam Williams, Kingsley Eguakun, Marcus Crowley and Sam brooks.

Regardless we aren’t trying to be a top 20 talented team we trying to be in the top 5 range. Taking this approach won’t allow us to do it

I don't worry about stars as much as their other offers. Trying to uncover a hidden gem per class isn't a big deal but when you're taking multiple kids that don't National powers after them (Munoz,Good,Brownlee) it definitely does seem more like Goldens recruiting style.

Our coaches do however have the benefit of being in South Florida and evaluating these kids more often than out of state programs. So they should have a better chance of finding under the radar recruits.

We'll see how these kids perform in their senior seasons. But I think Brock is only stating what many others are also thinking.

Advertisement
You don't take 3 stars in June. They are making evaluations and believe these kids are Miami caliber.

How many players has Richt signed in his tenure that can not play at Miami?

Polendy
Tre Johnson
Tyreic Martin

Not many is my point.

Plus I would say that Johnson and Martin were taken more out of necessity with the hope they would develop.

Still confused by how many people are comparing Richt to Golden.... Did you guys watch last season?

Have you not seen Richt and co. being heavily involved in the community? Do you find it interesting that now they are offering local studs before out of state programs?

These coaches are plugged into South Florida. They know what they are looking for. Have a little faith you pansies.

I think these are different groups of posters. Guys like me who don't really care about stars post on threads like this. To be honest, if local experts like Fish or Gogeta have good things to say about a recruit, and my eyes tell me the highlights are solid, I really could care less if he's a no-star or a 5-star. Meanwhile, guys who care about the stars post in those threads. ... That said, if a kid like Stevenson commits, who tops out the list regardless of rankings, everyone is happy, and you get both groups posting good things.

:jordan:

Advertisement
I don't worry about stars as much as their other offers. Trying to uncover a hidden gem per class isn't a big deal but when you're taking multiple kids that don't National powers after them (Munoz,Good,Brownlee) it definitely does seem more like Goldens recruiting style.

Our coaches do however have the benefit of being in South Florida and evaluating these kids more often than out of state programs. So they should have a better chance of finding under the radar recruits.

We'll see how these kids perform in their senior seasons. But I think Brock is only stating what many others are also thinking.

The problem with looking at offers is an "offer" can mean different things. Just looking at a kids 247 profile, it doesn't mean he can commit to all those schools.

People can use whatever they want but I'll always look at a bunch of different factors. And for FL recruits, especially in Central/S F, I'd be disappointed if our coaching staff wasn't relying on in person evals and review of game film.

Our coaches have watched guys practice and play, guys like Good, Brownlee, Davis, Couch, Stevenson, and so on. If they think, i.e. Brownlee is better than Davis, then they should take Brownlee.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of the program, but the only thing that really matters is if you win. We could have a top 5-6 class like FSU every year, but if we lost 6 games like they did that's all that would matter

We have had 7 in the 2019 class alone didn’t even think about adding the 3 elite 2020 kids who decommitted
And of those 7. Majority were pushed out of the class. Fuller, Howard, Renato, Cunningham, Hunter. All were pushed out. Jess is recruiting Hunter but Coach Kul completely stopped recruiting Hunter before he left.

I also mentioned that they were not going to fight to keep Jesiah Pierre either in the last big update I dropped.

The big loss was Dent for sure, FSU played the game and got his older brother on the team

As for 2020. The decommits of Manuel and Burton should be no surprise at all. It was a total shock that Burton even committed to Miami at all to begin with. He never even visited Miami up until before he decommitted.

Manuel very well likely could be a flex TE by the time he gets to college, which I’ve brought up before.

Let’s not act like there’s a good chance those two could be replaced by Robinson and Fleming who are both just as talented.

Britt doesn’t get talked about enough here, Alabama is coming after him and we all know Alabama only goes after the top dogs at WR.

Avantae was the one that was unexpected but still very good chance he could end up back in that 2020 class.

Advertisement
And of those 7. Majority were pushed out of the class. Fuller, Howard, Renato, Cunningham, Hunter. All were pushed out. Jess is recruiting Hunter but Coach Kul completely stopped recruiting Hunter before he left.

I also mentioned that they were not going to fight to keep Jesiah Pierre either in the last big update I dropped.

The big loss was Dent for sure, FSU played the game and got his older brother on the team

As for 2020. The decommits of Manuel and Burton should be no surprise at all. It was a total shock that Burton even committed to Miami at all to begin with. He never even visited Miami up until before he decommitted.

Manuel very well likely could be a flex TE by the time he gets to college, which I’ve brought up before.

Let’s not act like there’s a good chance those two could be replaced by Robinson and Fleming who are both just as talented.

Britt doesn’t get talked about enough here, Alabama is coming after him and we all know Alabama only goes after the top dogs at WR.

Avantae was the one that was unexpected but still very good chance he could end up back in that 2020 class.

What makes you think Avantae will end up back in the class?

As for Thomas from Edison. If he performs well in space at Paradise.... he will get an offer. He’s raw but you can’t deny the fire and motor he plays with, there was some traits he showed off that translate to LB. All about how he plays in space.

As for kids being underrated in our class.... Crowley, Eguakan, Cam, Sam Brooks. Those 4 will likely receive bumps regardless. Hodges is not a composite 4 but I’m positive he has one on a site or two. Daxon is raw a bit still but I saw him at the Opening Regional and he can be great, he’s only played football for about a year.(I believe ESPN has or had him as a 4 star already)

Munoz could play his way into a 4 star with a good season.

As for Good and Brownlee.

I understand the potential and ceiling they see with Good. Maybe it is a bit early to take him but let’s be honest here.... my first thought was CJ Henderson. He didn’t play a lick of DB in a game until his senior season. Idk if he’ll end up as good as CJ or not but coaches have certain molds and prospects they want. I’m sure they had a reason for Good.

Brownlee, I overheard a few times already he’s actually going to be receiving a bump. He really turned heads on the 7on7 circuit in the spring.

You don’t like the approach of our coaches doing their own evaluations and not recruiting off Rivals? How about that 3 star RB we jumped on early who everyone is now raving about?

Lots of time left. For the star-obsessed amongst us, there’s still plenty of time left for these guys to become 4 stars and instantly transform into viable prospects in your eyes.

This reminds of how excited I used to get over the likes of Cameron Binion(who had a ton of accolades coming out), yeah, those were the days when Canesport would say every Erickson class was better than the next...

Just met him at Publix while I was in line to get a sandwich. Nice kid he was wearing a UM shirt and Florida State Shorts. Told me he will be at Paradise Camp. Said he will more than likely end up at FSU. I did my best recruiting pitch though. Two handlers with him. One of the handlers said they were pushing him to UM other said he wanted him at FSU.

IMG_0329.PNG

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back