Travon Thomas, '19 DE

Advertisement
Can someone please get in touch with Mark Richt and let him know that Brock thinks we’re taking too many 3 stars? Also, let him know that this isn’t how you build elite teams.
If golden or Shannon had done this you would have complained. Be consistent now...

Ivins just crystal balled Jarvis Brownlee(unrated) and Jalar Holley to Miami(a 3star .85) we have to many 3 stars yet no one wants to hear it. It’s a problem and it’s not recruiting at an elite level period.
Thing is I like but don’t love the film of both of these prospects but this take is looking at the totality of the whole thing in this class in general. It just seems we are conceding some battles too early and just settling. You can’t build an elite roster doing this. Again the blue chip percentage has to be 50% plus in each class at the minimum

For those obsessed with blue chip percentage, including you, it's simply too early to complain about blue chip percentage. So what happens if/when Munoz and Good blow up and get a bunch of offers and become consensus four stars (especially Munoz who was hurt last year.) Then you'd complain that we slow played a kid from our back yard.

This is silly and you know it. Golden and Shannon didn't earn the benefit of the doubt. They couldn't develop players.
Shannon developed some of the best Miami’s history as an assistant, that’s a half *** statement honestly. In addition to that when he was the head coach Miami didn’t have the money to compete with other coaching staffs pedigree either in terms of developing
For those obsessed with blue chip percentage, including you, it's simply too early to complain about blue chip percentage. So what happens if/when Munoz and Good blow up and get a bunch of offers and become consensus four stars (especially Munoz who was hurt last year.) Then you'd complain that we slow played a kid from our back yard.
I don’t see how people argue against this as if it isn’t true... in the top 13 recruiting class Miami has the 2nd lowest average commit ranking. It needs to go up period. Has nothing to do with it, that should be the standard level Miami should recruit at period. Nearly all of the elite teams outside of Wisconsin(they don’t ever go the championship game) have blue chip percentages that are 50% or better blue chips

Advertisement
Shannon developed some of the best Miami’s history as an assistant, that’s a half *** stateme

I don’t see how people argue against this as if it isn’t true... in the top 13 recruiting class Miami has the 2nd lowest average commit ranking. It needs to go up period

Did you read what I said? Munoz is likely going to get a 4th Star (and a ton of offers) playing well for a national powerhouse after being injured all of 2018. It's simply too early to complain about blue chip percentages.

We will see man, but I’m just keeping it real. Don’t like this approach we seem to be taking
You don’t like the approach of our coaches doing their own evaluations and not recruiting off Rivals? How about that 3 star RB we jumped on early who everyone is now raving about?

Lots of time left. For the star-obsessed amongst us, there’s still plenty of time left for these guys to become 4 stars and instantly transform into viable prospects in your eyes.

Did you say we were taking too many 3 stars last year when Nesta and Ivey committed?
I was On the nesta and Ivey train from the beginning saying they were underrated. And look it up this time last year we had an elite class with 70% plus blue chippers committed with 9 of them having opening invites already and was the consensus #1 or #2 recruiting class with a 92 plus commit rating

Advertisement
I was On the nesta and Ivey train from the beginning saying they were underrated. And look it up this time last year we had an elite class with 70% plus blue chippers committed with 9 of them having opening invites already and was the consensus #1 or #2 recruiting class with a 92 plus commit rating

I think this is good convo being generated in this thread. And there's definitely a distinction between the early trajectory last class and this class. While it was great having so many studs locked up early last class, we all know that's not the norm.

Last year we had a Mack Brown Texas type of recruiting class where we locked up a lot of high-end local talent early and had our class basically wrapped up early outside of a few slots. While that worked out fantastic last year and it would be great if that could be the new normal, I think everyone who has followed SFla recruiting knows that's not gonna be the case. Doesn't mean the class won't end up where we need it to.

We know, you're ahead of the board on these topics. Just like when you were pounding the table to keep Golden.

Advertisement
Brock doesn't like our class but his only problem in it is Good? There's a few long time posters who seem to complain a lot about Richt/ the direction of our program nowadays. Guess they miss Golden, I'm sure Brock does.

Brock doesn't like our class but his only problem in it is Good? There's a few long time posters who seem to complain a lot about Richt/ the direction of our program nowadays. Guess they miss Golden, I'm sure Brock does.
Who said i didn’t like the class? all I’m saying is that we need add more high level recruits ain’t nothing wrong with that period and it can’t be filled with projects.

Don’t reach for the **** of it, you don’t have to take a kid. Time will tell a lot of about some of these evaluations. Just don’t want a situation where we get ridiculed again for having a ridiculous amount of decommits even though there was a “lack of communication”. Looks bad for Miami regardless the situation and tells a lot about the initial evaluation if that situation occurs

Last edited:
If you don’t see the discrepancy between last years class and this one then I dont even know what we are discussing. It’s okay for 1 or 2 projects but not 5 plus...

And that’s another thing, I thought Jaden Davis was considered too small? then how is Brownlee a take now and not Davis who isn’t that much bigger. In addition to that Davis is a better corner than Brownlee or damarious good

Davis isn't too small, they just don't believe he's very good. They clearly don't have an issue taking smaller corners.

I'd be more concerned if we were snatching up 3 stars left and right from out of state. Some of these kids had injuries, limited experience, limited exposure and are not fully evaluated yet. Let's see how their seasons look and if the scouts take notice before we freak out. I really do like the fact that they are more intimately involving themselves with these schools and offering based on their projections (potentially) before other schools take notice. This is how they will win here. It's our home field, we should know about these kids before anyone else.

Advertisement
Sometimes truth hurts, look at bama class, osu class, Georgia class.. they are not filled with this many 3 stars. Of our 13 commits only 5 we got are 4stars. That’s not a good ratio and the 3 stars who should at least be a 4 star out of our commits is cam Williams, Kingsley Eguakun, Marcus Crowley and Sam brooks.

Regardless we aren’t trying to be a top 20 talented team we trying to be in the top 5 range. Taking this approach won’t allow us to do it
They aint trying to hear this even if its the truth brock u wasting your time if u go against the grain. Bring this to the WEZ where u wont get killed for it

Since when is Shannon or Golden in Richt’s class?
The damarious good commitment is definitely goldenesque or a Randy special tbqh given the film and lack of experience at corner

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back