Travon Thomas, '19 DE

The damarious good commitment is definitely goldenesque or a Randy special tbqh given the film and lack of experience at corner

Ya but you didn't say that based on one commit. I'm not in love with the commit, but 1-2 like that a class on a kid that you deem to be a prototype size/athleticism wise is done by many many good coaches/talent evaluators...Also "experience" at some positions is overrated.

Advertisement
am I missing something? Does this kid have an offer? Seems like the staff is still evaluating him.

Comp. was a joke at the OL/DL camp? OK, we will see how he does at Paradise.

Kid seems like a tweener but if he impresses the coaches to the point that they offer, I'm fine with it. Some of you all are acting like its the first time these coaches evaluate high school talent. Simpson has been around elite DL talent on every level. I'm pretty confident in our coaching staff having the ability to make a solid evaluation.

Imo this kid will be a LB or a chance at DE...we'll see. Decent tape, prob really has to wow them to get an offer.

They should be but doesn’t mean they will. As it is there aren’t right now and outside of Williams they all are pretty low rated 3stars

So Sam Brooks shouldn't be a take because of his star rating?

I mean, you're whining but who do you see as the projects or guys we shouldn't take?

I see Good and Daxon maybe, but even you have to admit there's a high upside with both those guys.

The major difference I see with last year is that a lot of our top targets are still on the board. It's not like we've missed on Bogle, Stevenson, Richards, Neal, they just haven't committed anywhere, and we still expect to land them.

So Sam Brooks shouldn't be a take because of his star rating?

I mean, you're whining but who do you see as the projects or guys we shouldn't take?

I see Good and Daxon maybe, but even you have to admit there's a high upside with both those guys.

The major difference I see with last year is that a lot of our top targets are still on the board. It's not like we've missed on Bogle, Stevenson, Richards, Neal, they just haven't committed anywhere, and we still expect to land them.
Sam brooks? Ain’t nobody questioning him. He’s one of the best in south Florida and I’ve said that before

Advertisement
The damarious good commitment is definitely goldenesque or a Randy special tbqh given the film and lack of experience at corner

We had several 2018 recruits get their 4th star after senior evals. Star *****.

We had several 2018 recruits get their 4th star after senior evals. Star *****.
“Star *****” you sound lame as ****. And the only 1 who got a 4th Star was DJ Ivey. Scaife and Silvera were both composite 4 stars before their senior seasons began

Last edited:
Sam brooks? Ain’t nobody questioning him. He’s one of the best in south Florida and I’ve said that before

OK...so are you using this magical 3/4 star cutoff point...or bringing subjectivity into it? BC your original post makes it out to be like there is a magical 3*/4* difference and it has you concerned.

Advertisement
Sometimes truth hurts, look at bama class, osu class, Georgia class.. they are not filled with this many 3 stars. Of our 13 commits only 5 we got are 4stars. That’s not a good ratio and the 3 stars who should at least be a 4 star out of our commits is cam Williams, Kingsley Eguakun, Marcus Crowley and Sam brooks.

Regardless we aren’t trying to be a top 20 talented team we trying to be in the top 5 range. Taking this approach won’t allow us to do it

:monkey-serious:

If those guys were rated as 4 stars like we know they should be that would give us 9 "Blue Chip" players out of 13

When Brock is wrong he digs a better trench than a world war 1 soldier. Nothing will stop him till his feet rot off from trechfoot and the rats eat him alive.

You can't trust a guy who still buys jock jams CD's.

Ivins just crystal balled Jarvis Brownlee(unrated) and Jalar Holley to Miami(a 3star .85) we have to many 3 stars yet no one wants to hear it. It’s a problem and it’s not recruiting at an elite level period.
Thing is I like but don’t love the film of both of these prospects but this take is looking at the totality of the whole thing in this class in general. It just seems we are conceding some battles too early and just settling. You can’t build an elite roster doing this. Again the blue chip percentage has to be 50% plus in each class at the minimum

At some point Brock you've got to show some faith in the staff. Richt has proven that he is not dumb *** Golden who went after too many talent-less projects who didn't fit Miami's system or lazy *** Shannon who ****ed off the entire high school coaching ranks in S. Florida and only targeted Northwestern.

Richt knows talent, and he knows the type of talent that will succeed at Miami. Every player he has recruited by and large is lean, strong, fast, long and athletic and has that dog mentality. As a poster said earlier, his recruiting track record at Miami since 2016 speaks for itself -- he has only flubbed a few times with guys who did not belong here.

So when they go after a 3 star in May/June (still very early, mind you), know that they see something in that kid indicating they think he will blow up in due time.

There is the 3-star JAG who does not belong at Miami, and then there is the 3-star unnoticed beast who is on the cusp of blowing up next year. Give the man some credit, Brock.

Advertisement
I’m not even talking about Munoz, as I’ve said before I like That take. It’s just too early for guys like holley and good. Brownlee is okay too
You can squeeze them at any point. You gals need to chill...

Ivins just crystal balled Jarvis Brownlee(unrated) and Jalar Holley to Miami(a 3star .85) we have to many 3 stars yet no one wants to hear it. It’s a problem and it’s not recruiting at an elite level period.
Thing is I like but don’t love the film of both of these prospects but this take is looking at the totality of the whole thing in this class in general. It just seems we are conceding some battles too early and just settling. You can’t build an elite roster doing this. Again the blue chip percentage has to be 50% plus in each class at the minimum
Jarvis Brownlee is an underrated stud and Jalar Holley is a solid prospect not elite but he can become elite or can be like Kendrick Norton.

Advertisement
Rousseau was a Safety, Dallas was a QB, Bethel a DE, Joyner a DE, D Smith a WR/S. The coaches moved all those kids around with success. The common threads across all four are athleticism and coachability.

I just cannot get ruffled about Good, Munoz, or the unconfirmed offers to Brownlee and Holley. This staff has withheld committable offers from multiple 4 stars at WR, RB, DB, even QB. They're not desperately trying to fill the class like Coker/Shannon/Golden. They just like these guys and don't give a **** what other offers they have or how Rivals and ESPN rate them. And I don't think a straight shooter like Richt would string a kid out If he believes he deserves a hard offer. You either respect that approach or you don't.

Rousseau was a Safety, Dallas was a QB, Bethel a DE, Joyner a DE, D Smith a WR/S. The coaches moved all those kids around with success. The common threads across all four are athleticism and coachability.

I just cannot get ruffled about Good, Munoz, or the unconfirmed offers to Brownlee and Holley. This staff has withheld committable offers from multiple 4 stars at WR, RB, DB, even QB. They're not desperately trying to fill the class like Coker/Shannon/Golden. They just like these guys and don't give a **** what other offers they have or how Rivals and ESPN rate them. And I don't think a straight shooter like Richt would string a kid out If he believes he deserves a hard offer. You either respect that approach or you don't.

well said pal

I'm really stoked on some of our "non blue-chip" guys.

I think Good with his skills and Rumph's technique work will be an absolute monster. If Munoz was dominating camp and is coming from STA's defense that's enough for me to be hype. You can tell Brownlee is going to be the truth.

The prospect I'm most down on is MJJ at QB. He isn't going to be one of the 12 going to the Opening. MJJ is a freak athlete and would be an elite Wideout here so I won't be sad if we get him. I just want elite accuracy and decision making as traits 1 and 2 for QB prospects.

Our 3 star Florida cats are a different breed. Rousseau will show out. Garvin straight up embarrassed a top 10 NFL pick. If Pinckney is focused and committed hes as good as anyone. D Smith has been a great surprise, better than "4 star blue chip" McCloud. J Miller has some promise.

Yes, I don't want a bunch of Zach Dykstras for body count. But IDGAF what 247 has to say. I want the monsters from down here. I will also put a grand bet that D Good has the more productive career than Sanguinetti.

Advertisement
Back