Travon Thomas, '19 DE

I hear you Brock. It would make all the difference in the world if so called Cane Locks like Richards, Bogle, and McIntosh shut it down and help recruit the next level. The staff taking all of these three star players tells me that the staff isn't confident that these three and Stephenson are coming especially Bogle. Also I'm not only starting to believe the SEC bag thing but this may be the year it's coming out of the closet. No proof just believing.

Advertisement
You can’t just look at 3 star and assume they reaching. I like to see what’s available. Cameron Williams- 3rd best d end in fl not from img. 2nd best in south Florida after bolge. Larry Hodges is the second best tight end in Florida. We all now Crowley is super underrated and will probably end up better than guys like Daniel carter, naywuan wright, chez Mellusi and maybe even McIntosh when it’s all said and done. Daxon is a top 3-5 d tackle in Florida and is definitely top 2-3 in south Florida as the best tackles in Florida are up north out of our territory this class. Good, Munoz, Eguakun, are not heavily recruited but you need those type of guys to fill out a class. If Sam brooks doesn’t get injured he’s he best linebacker in south Florida to me. My point is you can’t compare these 3 stars to all national players. You have to look at what’s available at their position in places where we actually have a chance to grab them. We aren’t doing bad. Everyone needs to calm down with the stars bs.

Ivins just crystal balled Jarvis Brownlee(unrated) and Jalar Holley to Miami(a 3star .85) we have to many 3 stars yet no one wants to hear it. It’s a problem and it’s not recruiting at an elite level period.
Thing is I like but don’t love the film of both of these prospects but this take is looking at the totality of the whole thing in this class in general. It just seems we are conceding some battles too early and just settling. You can’t build an elite roster doing this. Again the blue chip percentage has to be 50% plus in each class at the minimum
This post is the definition of a Star *****!

You can’t just look at 3 star and assume they reaching. I like to see what’s available. Cameron Williams- 3rd best d end in fl not from img. 2nd best in south Florida after bolge. Larry Hodges is the second best tight end in Florida. We all now Crowley is super underrated and will probably end up better than guys like Daniel carter, naywuan wright, chez Mellusi and maybe even McIntosh when it’s all said and done. Daxon is a top 3-5 d tackle in Florida and is definitely top 2-3 in south Florida as the best tackles in Florida are up north out of our territory this class. Good, Munoz, Eguakun, are not heavily recruited but you need those type of guys to fill out a class. If Sam brooks doesn’t get injured he’s he best linebacker in south Florida to me. My point is you can’t compare these 3 stars to all national players. You have to look at what’s available at their position in places where we actually have a chance to grab them. We aren’t doing bad. Everyone needs to calm down with the stars bs.
This man is speaking the truth

If you don’t see the discrepancy between last years class and this one then I dont even know what we are discussing. It’s okay for 1 or 2 projects but not 5 plus...

And that’s another thing, I thought Jaden Davis was considered too small? then how is Brownlee a take now and not Davis who isn’t that much bigger. In addition to that Davis is a better corner than Brownlee or damarious good
I trust this staff's evaluations. Garvin was a 3 star until the VERY end of his high school career. Jordan Miller was a whopping 2 star. Wasn't Rousseau a 3 star most of the time as well? A lot of these kids will get reevaluated and bumped up. Not concerned one bit about the lazy evaluations from the star givers, who can not POSSIBLY look in depth to every recruit out there. If this staff sees a 3 star with 4 star ability, they will jump on them. I'd be a **** of a lot more concerned if the staff was simply star gazing and taking players based on the rankings of others.

Advertisement
This post is the definition of a Star *****!
Sometimes truth hurts, look at bama class, osu class, Georgia class.. they are not filled with this many 3 stars. Of our 13 commits only 5 we got are 4stars. That’s not a good ratio and the 3 stars who should at least be a 4 star out of our commits is cam Williams, Kingsley Eguakun, Marcus Crowley and Sam brooks.

Regardless we aren’t trying to be a top 20 talented team we trying to be in the top 5 range. Taking this approach won’t allow us to do it

I trust this staff's evaluations. Garvin was a 3 star until the VERY end of his high school career. Jordan Miller was a whopping 2 star. Wasn't Rousseau a 3 star most of the time as well? A lot of these kids will get reevaluated and bumped up. Not concerned one bit about the lazy evaluations from the star givers, who can not POSSIBLY look in depth to every recruit out there. If this staff sees a 3 star with 4 star ability, they will jump on them. I'd be a **** of a lot more concerned if the staff was simply star gazing and taking players based on the rankings of others.
Anyone watching garvin film and thinking he was a 3star should have stayed off that sh*t

There is a difference between making spring evaluations and reaching for Plan Bs two weeks before signing day.

We like Brownlee more than Davis (4*), Couch (4*) and Sanguinetti (4*). Simple as that. It’s not like those guys aren’t attainable. It’s just our choice based on in-person evaluations.

Sometimes truth hurts, look at bama class, osu class, Georgia class.. they are not filled with this many 3 stars. Of our 13 commits only 5 we got are 4stars. That’s not a good ratio and the 3 stars who should at least be a 4 star out of our commits is cam Williams, Kingsley Eguakun, Marcus Crowley and Sam brooks.

Regardless we aren’t trying to be a top 20 talented team we trying to be in the top 5 range. Taking this approach won’t allow us to do it

YOu're not accounting for the fact that when schools like Bama, Georgia, and OSU go after 3 stars, those guys automatically become 4 stars on most of the services. UM 3 star targets often get some boost too, but not to the same extent.

Recruiting services lean on the evaluations of the top programs more than top programs lean on the evaluations of recruiting services.

I'm not saying that the recent 3 star targets should be higher ranked because honestly theres not enough tape out on some of them to make such a determination. But, just pointing something out that is missing from your stance.

Advertisement
There is a difference between making spring evaluations and reaching for Plan Bs two weeks before signing day.

We like Brownlee more than Davis (4*), Couch (4*) and Sanguinetti (4*). Simple as that. It’s not like those guys aren’t attainable. It’s just our choice based on in-person evaluations.
What about Jalar Holley? , there are assuredly more dts we are going after that I thought We were in better position for.. you can go after these kids but not everybody has to be a take because when they eventually decommit because of “lack of communication” it’s going to look bad and give a negative perception that kids keep decommitting here. We’ve had 7 which is a lot in the class and assuredly will have more. Just watch

What about Jalar Holley? , there are assuredly more dts we are going after that I thought We were in better position for.. you can go after these kids but not everybody has to be a take because when they eventually decommit because of “lack of communication” it’s going to look bad and give a negative perception that kids keep decommitting here. We’ve had 7 which is a lot in the class and assuredly will have more. Just watch

They are still going after a ton of DTs. This is a great class and they want to stock up.

Holley is a Buford kid so Simpson has the intel there. When Simpson signed, everybody was talking about signing Georgia DTs. He is one of them.

We will still land Ingraham (#1 on our board) and go hard after the SW Florida guys and Davis.

7 aren’t all in this class a lot of them are for next year. But you are right. Jalar Holley is underwhelming to say the least but like I previously mentioned the south Florida DT market has never been strong and that isn’t any different this year. Some of the top guys on the board are up north and are being heavily recruited by out of state schools.

7 aren’t all in this class a lot of them are for next year. But you are right. Jalar Holley is underwhelming to say the least but like I previously mentioned the south Florida DT market has never been strong and that isn’t any different this year. Some of the top guys on the board are up north and are being heavily recruited by out of state schools.
We have had 7 in the 2019 class alone didn’t even think about adding the 3 elite 2020 kids who decommitted

Advertisement
Ivins just crystal balled Jarvis Brownlee(unrated) and Jalar Holley to Miami(a 3star .85) we have to many 3 stars yet no one wants to hear it. It’s a problem and it’s not recruiting at an elite level period.
Thing is I like but don’t love the film of both of these prospects but this take is looking at the totality of the whole thing in this class in general. It just seems we are conceding some battles too early and just settling. You can’t build an elite roster doing this. Again the blue chip percentage has to be 50% plus in each class at the minimum

I'll let Richt know Broke doesn't love their film. I'm sure once he finds out Broke's not to high on them as prospects he'll cut off all communications with them.

Good looking out Broke, where would Miami football be without you?

I'll let Richt know Broke doesn't love their film. I'm sure once he finds out Broke's not to high on them as prospects he'll cut off all communications with them.

Good looking out Broke, where would Miami football be without you?
It’s just an opinion lol

Advertisement
Let’s relax, Staff hasn’t offered kid anything more than the opportunity to continue the evaluation process by getting an invite to Paradise. If they offer him after that its because they believe he is worthy of it.

If I'm reading this post correctly, you say 5 of our 13 commits are 4 stars and 4 others who should be 4 stars.
That's 9 of 13 4-star level guys, or 69%.
In a previous post you mention the blue-chip ratio of 50%

We've had some de-commits since this article, but i believe we WILL get there.
Texas, OU, PSU, and Miami could join Blue-Chip Ratio club

Isn't Edison one of the worst teams in Miami?

I don't know but if I'm moving to Miami for my senior year im making sure I'm transferring to one of the Top schools in Miami-Dade.

Central, Southridge, Carol City, Northwestern would be the only ones im looking at.

This is what’s wrong with current south Florida talent. I also think that this is why many kids leave the area instead of playing in the area you’re from. Too many super teams. Bandwagons!

If I'm reading this post correctly, you say 5 of our 13 commits are 4 stars and 4 others who should be 4 stars.
That's 9 of 13 4-star level guys, or 69%.
In a previous post you mention the blue-chip ratio of 50%
They should be but doesn’t mean they will. As it is there aren’t right now and outside of Williams they all are pretty low rated 3stars

Advertisement
Back