This is more fun

Advertisement
- We may have our LT of the future. Zion looks comfortable at his new weight and knows what he's doing. You can see his twitch when he climbs to the second level or looks to crack someone on broken plays. He showed his mental toughness last year and it's paying off now.
https://walterfootball.com/draft2022charlie.php

Walter Football surely agrees. They've got Zion as a top 15 pick in 2022. 2 other canes made the first round in this mock draft.

This entire season so far is about equal to King’s 2&18 throw. King simply erased back to back bad plays with a phenomenally poised throw.

The difference at NCSt is our WR caught the ball.

Bad play (Hall fumble punt), bad play (grounding), poised King with great throw to Harley. Harley catches the ball. Team doesn’t flinch.

We go on to win.

Advertisement

I got receipts for days...but it's weird cause like Lance Roffers did one of his patented breakdowns and said Flagg is too slow, as did Dwins and countless others, so idk how he was able to get on the field so soon???

It's a shame I post such trash takes and have to put half the board on ignore list and quit posting so often. I just can't keep up with all the brilliant outspoken minds on here 🤷‍♂️
People told me I was pushing an agenda just because I know what a good football player looks like.. he might not ever be an all star but he’ll be a **** good Cane

Yeah I don’t subscribe to that.. JT came from the trenches.. two completely different human beings. JT cared about football, look at what he went though as far as mediocrity in college he probably felt like UM didn’t care about him
Im just gonna throw it out there..Harley has a great family and comes from a good school in STA. But Fort Lauderdale aint exactly a walk in the park lol.. Harley aint from WESTON

I've been saying this for over a year now.

Mike Harley > Jeff Thomas.

I don't think its particularly close either.
Simply untrue. Thomas had better seasons in '17 as well as his shortened '18 season. Not even close? You Don't remember the deep shot @ FSU? Or the punt return at Va Tech? Thomas had game breaking ability in the return game AND could take the top off of a defense. Remember at UNC in '18? Not close?
After a 'solid' junior campaign Harley has emerged - midway through His SENIOR season. And with the benefit of a real QB and a real OC.
Had he stayed, this would be JT's senior season. Would have been fun to see JT in this offense. Not arguing Thomas having issues, and even affecting the team detrimentally. But not close?

Advertisement
Would be a complete joke if a single underclassman declares for the NFL...
We say that every single year, but like clockwork, most, if not all leave, get drafted in the 6th or 7th or Free agency and never heard from again. It’s unbelievably stupid but happens year after year.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2022charlie.php

Walter Football surely agrees. They've got Zion as a top 15 pick in 2022. 2 other canes made the first round in this mock draft.
Just highlights a point I’ve been making around here.

If he matures and gets drafted, then one day someone will post a statistic about nfl players on the 2019 Canes and include him on it.

And it will be entirely misleading in terms of the reality of the 2019 Team, on which he was a 2* true frosh forced into starter minutes because we had no alternatives.

Flagg has real football instincts, something really lacking in most of our other LBers
It’s brutal to look back on what we’ve had at LB the past decade+.

Perryman got drafted in 15 and was good.
Spence in 12, and was a very good college player
mccarthy in ‘11 had instincts and was under appreciated at UM

in 08-10, you had sharpton, adkins, gooden - good athletes, solid kids but more athletic ability than lb instincts.

Beason in 07 was good and Rocky in 06 was pretty good. Leon W. In 06 was mot am instinct guy.

But from 93 - 04, this program graduated the following Lbs: Vilma, DJ Williams, Dan Morgan, Nate Webster, Russell, Ray Lewis, Barrow, Smith, Armstead

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? came nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas came up big against fsu in 2018 came back in the game after it looked like he suffered a big knee injury and made big catches. Big punt return against va tech that year as well.He looked like the only guy on offense that could compete against a stacked lsu team was getting open all game and had to make circus catches from trash throws from rosier, he gave this team a spark with big plays in 2017 against unc in game that we looked like we were gonna lose and georgia tech that allowed that magical season to happen.

You dont have to disparage thomas to uplift what harley is doing, he wasnt perfect but he made contributions when he was here I think some people have a bias against out of state players

It’s brutal to look back on what we’ve had at LB the past decade+.

Perryman got drafted in 15 and was good.
Spence in 12, and was a very good college player
mccarthy in ‘11 had instincts and was under appreciated at UM

in 08-10, you had sharpton, adkins, gooden - good athletes, solid kids but more athletic ability than lb instincts.

Beason in 07 was good and Rocky in 06 was pretty good. Leon W. In 06 was mot am instinct guy.

But from 93 - 04, this program graduated the following Lbs: Vilma, DJ Williams, Dan Morgan, Nate Webster, Russell, Ray Lewis, Barrow, Smith, Armstead

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? came nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Mr Sands, where would you put a guy like Shaq? We all knew his limitations, but geez, arent' we pining for him right about now?

Advertisement
***ot, the LB from NAVY, was actually very close to leaving. Their DC almost took the Miss St DC job, He was getting a lot of media attention, and they lost almost their entire defense from last year. Throw in the Covid mess and he had a foot out the door. Would have been a huge pickup if we could have snagged him. He would easily be our best LB

Man our linebackers are the worst group I’ve ever seen at Miami. They are worthless. They can’t cover anybody in man. They take bad angles and use wrong fits against the run. Honestly, I just want them to put the tallest guy out there and have him stand in the middle of the field with his arms extended like John Koncack playing zone defense. Maybe, they might be able to disrupt an occasional throw over the middle doing that. There’s guys on defense who aren’t good but they’re at least average talents. None of the linebackers who played on Friday are even average. No excuse for giving up 400 yards in 3 quarters to NCST.

Offense was glorious. We finally saw an unleashed passing attack that destroyed man coverage and punished the defense for playing cover zero. Every regtard who dissed King and called him Rosier needs to turn in posting privileges.

Advertisement
Back