This is more fun

Advertisement
Advertisement
Flagg has real football instincts, something really lacking in most of our other LBers

I got receipts for days...but it's weird cause like Lance Roffers did one of his patented breakdowns and said Flagg is too slow, as did Dwins and countless others, so idk how he was able to get on the field so soon???

It's a shame I post such trash takes and have to put half the board on ignore list and quit posting so often. I just can't keep up with all the brilliant outspoken minds on here 🤷‍♂️

I got receipts for days...but it's weird cause like Lance Roffers did one of his patented breakdowns and said Flagg is too slow, as did Dwins and countless others, so idk how he was able to get on the field so soon???

It's a shame I post such trash takes and have to put half the board on ignore list and quit posting so often. I just can't keep up with all the brilliant outspoken minds on here 🤷‍♂️
Talk yo **** HighC

Advertisement
This game looked like the other bye losses. A defense that's a step behind in pressure and coverage. Undisciplined penalties. A bad QB looking like Johnny Unitas with high-percentage throws. But the day after sure feels a lot better.

There were two key differences last night. The first is margin for error. College kids have bad days, even at Alabama and Ohio State. They win so much because their rosters give them margin for error. We aren't a great team. But having a great QB and a great kicking game allows us to pull out games like this one. That's a blessing in 2020.

Second, we outgained NC State 213-6 in the 4th Quarter. Learning how to win is a real thing. The trick is correcting the persistent problems that keep things close. That didn't happen in 2013 and 2017, and we know how that ended. There is a lot of work to do. Some specific thoughts:

- I don't care what position he plays in the pros. D'Eriq King is the definition of a Quarterback. His demeanor never changes and he makes the right decision every time. Forget the athleticism. His consistency and character are what we've been missing at the position for 15 years.

- One of Manny's biggest misses is failing to recruit a replacement for Shaq Quarterman. Our LBs look slow-minded and slow-footed. Diego ***ot, a board favorite from Broward who signed with Navy, would be our best 'backer by a mile. Our DEs have their own issues, but I wonder how much the loss of Shaq and Pinckney (26.5 sacks between them) is hurting our pass rush.

- Keep recruiting receivers with intangibles. We've signed nine HS All-American receivers since 2015. Mike Harley (who the board liked more than the coaches) will have a better career than all of them. That's because he cares and he works. Same story with every WR who has had success here lately: KJ Osborn, Braxton Berrios, Phillip Dorsett, Allen Hurns. Give me a Mike Harley over a Jeff Thomas every time.

- We need better athletes in the back seven. Amari Carter and Blades dropping INTs, McCloud letting a pick fly right through his hands, neither of the corners turning around and finding the ball. A great Canes defense makes those plays and looks to score. Hopefully, the 2021 class injects some much-needed juice.

- We may have our LT of the future. Zion looks comfortable at his new weight and knows what he's doing. You can see his twitch when he climbs to the second level or looks to crack someone on broken plays. He showed his mental toughness last year and it's paying off now.

- The horizontal passing game is a weakness. Wiggins gives us nothing on those screens after the catch. This is another area where the '21 class (with guys like Brashard Smith and Malik Curtis) can make a huge difference.

- Lashlee is earning every accolade and paycheck. Teams have tried to make us play left-handed since Clemson. Take away our run game and force us to beat them deep. Lashlee and King responded with 762 yards, 73% passing, 6 TDs and 0 INTs in the last two games. That's what a balanced offense does.

In January, we were 6-7 coming off a shutout loss to Louisiana Tech. In August, we were looking at a canceled season. 6-1 in November is a nice place to be. Enjoy this one, fellas.
I have noticed you mention that ***ot kid a number of times, but going to a service academy may have indicated that he had more than the normal college experience in mind ? That why we stopped recruiting him?

Who would have thought this statement possible just a few weeks ago? Now it's the board consensus.

Now it's time for someone in the defensive backfield to step up.
Couch paging on line 1

Advertisement
Yeah we just don't have any RAC WRs. Brashard, Curtis and Romello should help fix that problem next season. It's pretty crazy how easy Wiggins goes down once he's hit. He's got to be only 155LBs, he looks tiny out there.

Advertisement
Are people really saying Mike Harley is better than Jeff Thomas was? Lmao
How many back to back 100 yard games did Thomas have? None. Hard to do when you are suspended half the time or you quit.

Are people really saying Mike Harley is better than Jeff Thomas was? Lmao
I'm saying Harley is better. Harley has made huge catches this season that have led to wins. Thomas was all hype, quit on the team and muffed a punt against UF that contributed to that loss. I'll take Harley any day.

Second week in a row we didn’t play a complete game as a team but won. Years past we lost them. Hats off to the team for learning how to win as a team!! For all the years manny’s been here we’ve had to rely on our defense to keep us in games. it was nice to see the offense carry us!! On to Virginia tech. Winning mentality is important and he is building that, it seems!

I don't care what position he plays in the pros. D'Eriq King is the definition of a Quarterback. His demeanor never changes and he makes the right decision every time. Forget the athleticism. His consistency and character are what we've been missing at the position for 15 years.
Great player, leader and winner at the most important position on the field. UM would be 4-3 or worse without King.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back