There has always been a talent gap

Good stuff. Only thing I disagree with is regarding Cam Harris. He had a few decent runs, but man Chaney just has something the others don’t. He’s gonna be the goods if he stays healthy!
Totally agree with this. All we heard about was the Rooster coming into the season but outside of a few plays he’s been underwhelming. Chaney looks like he’s clearly the best in this roster. Speed, power and catches the ball clean. Looks special

Advertisement
Replay last years film. GR’s get off was insane. That’s how he had 15.5 sacks in basically 2/3 of a season.

Agree to disagree on this one. Curious to what @HighSeas thinks.
I’ve been defending greg in the last day since people apparently forgot how good he was. Just saying yes Rousseau is a very athletic player but imo Phillips is more athletic

Notre Dame had a freebie of a touchdown against Clemson, and Lawrence did not play, also played at home. Clemson basically gave them 14 points. I say this time minus the 14 points Clemson wins by 14 points.

I agree. I hope to see this lineup next year.

LT: Nelson
LG: Campbell/Seymour
C:Gaynor
RG: Rivers/Clarke/Scaife
RT: Sciafe/Rivers

LT: Nelson/Walker
LG: Campbell/Rivers/Traore
C:Gaynor/Clark
RG: Donaldson//Scaife/Seymore
RT: Sciafe/Washington

Oline has a looong way to go.. I couldnt imagine what we would do with actual good oline, we dropped 40+ and 500 yards + but oline still feels like its holding us back, lol.. Need alot of work, I hope we can get Donaldson to have offseason of lifetime and we can build off that..

We will also miss Jarrid, he is a godsend all season. The guy has quieted the RT spot to point you dont even realize how well he has played, he is finesse tackle and wont be confused as road grader but in pass pro he is a prototype.. One of our most valuable players..
The OL is what prevents us from competing with the big boys

Advertisement
The ol talent is beginning to separate, don’t be surprised if a couple bounce.

I'm super disappointed in Reed. Thought he would be an animal at this point in his development. Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves along with Traore. The two guys that opted out, Hillery and Herbert are already gone. El Gammal is gone. All those guys will instantaneously be jumped by the incoming freshmen, so I could see them all in the portal.

The only reason I see them coming back is that with so many kids hitting the portal, they may not find any place to land. Of course, Manny doesn't have to keep them on scholarship. But I doubt he'd be that mercenary about it.

Notre Dame had a freebie of a touchdown against Clemson, and Lawrence did not play, also played at home. Clemson basically gave them 14 points. I say this time minus the 14 points Clemson wins by 14 points.
ND left a good amount of points out there too, imo they actually won both trenches ( decisively). Which surprised me. And their backup put up unreal stats. That being said Clemson will be up and focused like our game and will beat their brakes off. But the first game I thought ND was better in every facet. I cane away impressed with both of their fronts. I don’t see them as 100 % frauds like most times.

People trying to compare Rousseau and Phillips are being premature. Phillips has clearly progressed this year, looks much better now than earlier in the season. So we're seeing a more polished product. Meanwhile, Rousseau only had half a season as a Redshirted Freshmen. He's been conditioning with a specialized group to prepare him for the draft. I'm quite certain he's rusty on the field but will crush the combine. So they're just moving along two totally different tracts in development.

Personally, I don't see Phillips getting a look in the first round because of his injury and slow return to form. Maybe late second, probably third. I think he should come back. He could be high first if he has several Duke-like games next season, which he will.

Advertisement
People trying to compare Rousseau and Phillips are being premature. Phillips has clearly progressed this year, looks much better now than earlier in the season. So we're seeing a more polished product. Meanwhile, Rousseau only had half a season as a Redshirted Freshmen. He's been conditioning with a specialized group to prepare him for the draft. I'm quite certain he's rusty on the field but will crush the combine. So they're just moving along two totally different tracts in development.

Personally, I don't see Phillips getting a look in the first round because of his injury and slow return to form. Maybe late second, probably third. I think he should come back. He could be high first if he has several Duke-like games next season, which he will.
Our dl gets helped a lot by the scheme so it’s hard for me to judge them.

It’s been frustrating watching the Jordan/Mallory combo seemingly slip away from us before they could ever get going

It just hasn’t been in the cards for them to be on the field together with an OC that has a clue

They are lethal when they are together

Advertisement
Book absolutely isn't an NFL QB.

He holds Notre Dame back - he'll get a cup of coffee in a Training Camp in the NFL. So many flaws in his game.
I'll never understand why the hatred for particular team forces some people to unrealistically denegrate individual players.

You have it *** backwards. Outside of a TE and some OL Book elevates that offense. He doesn't hold them back.

We looked inspired to kick *** for 60 min for the first time since FSU (Who we always get up for) this year, and ND & VT in 2017

Don't care that the opponent was Duke. We played to dominate every snap even with the 2nd and 3rd string in.

And thats how it should be at Miami. Not sure what changed over the last 3 bye weeks but if we can keep this consistently we'll go from dominating the **** ACC teams, to Dominating the average/above average ones. Which means we'll be a national contender every year.

Hope this is here to stay and not just another flash
Yes, this is what good winning teams play like. Much more enjoyable than our usual go to move, winning ugly.

Why does everyone say that? When they played their backup QB had over 400 yards. So by your logic Lawrence will have 800 yards passing in order to be able to destroy ND.
Because on several of those plays (out of the 400 yards), maybe Lawrence would have seen and gone to a different receiver that could have scored. Just a thought.

Advertisement
I’ve been defending greg in the last day since people apparently forgot how good he was. Just saying yes Rousseau is a very athletic player but imo Phillips is more athletic

Greg dominated inside, great to see them moving Phillips in and getting 12 on the field. We should see this all the time.

They didn't lose the first game because of QB play, their defense was terrible
Lawrence may be the big stud, but they were also missing several key starters on defense. It appears they are back. They missed them as much as Lawrence.

It looks like Blake James knew what he was doing by hiring Manny. Manny learned alot from his first season, With the incoming recruiting class it looks like he might be building a top 10 program. Let's hope so
I can't give James any credit. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. We need better consulting the magic eight ball.
8ball1.gif
8ball2.gif

Attachments

• 8ball3.gif
    8ball3.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Back