There has always been a talent gap

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Now we actually see it on the field. We used to lose to this garbage. Miami looked motivated, fresh and fast. The tackling and overall intensity was there from the beginning, even with some early rust. We are a long way from the bye-week curse.

- There are 8 games in a normal ACC schedule. This is the second time we’ve gone 7-1 since joining the ACC. That’s twice in 15 years. The other time we did it (2017), our coach won Coach of the Year. Manny deserves credit for fixing a lot of problems in a short amount of time.

- The OL has come a long way. They couldn’t block Duke for the past two years. Now, it’s a mismatch for us. Navaughn Donaldson blocked out the sun on Cam's touchdown run. Hopefully that is a confidence-builder on his road to fitness.

- Corey Flagg finds the football. I don’t know what he runs in the forty, but he is a sideline-to-sideline player.

- I never understood the rush to bury Cam Harris. The young guys are super talents, but Cam puts up the best numbers and makes the most explosive runs. On the flip side, the benching seems to have motivated him.

- Keontra Smith is finally flashing as a fast and physical player. He is someone who looks like a Miami defender.

- Brevin and Mallory played a bunch of snaps together and it looked good. When the ball gets to the perimeter, it helps to have a big TE blocking in space and dominating his matchup against a DB.

- Congratulations to @waynejr31. Happy to see Steed play well and force a fumble after all that he’s overcome. He could have easily quit after the second ACL but he is a true Cane.

- Marcus Clarke is flashing. I’ve heard the staff is very high on his speed and ball skills, but I likehow he tackled. He made several tough plays on kickoff and defense.

- Miami used to have the most athletic DTs in the nation. When you see Elijah Roberts force a fumble on a kickoff, it gives you hope we can get there again.

- I loved the decision to kick those FGs. Get Borregales’s confidence back and bury Duke. To quote the great @The Franchise, class is for Mr. Peanut with the top hat and the cane. Miami runs up the score.

- Tirek Austin-Cave and Jalen Rivers got meaningful run. TAC in particular looked explosive and thicker than advertised. Losing the spring really hurt him but his upside is huge.

- Jaelan Phillips is a first rounder. His confidence is sky-high and he is a supreme talent. Roche isn’t that kind of freak but he’s a **** of a college player. Both are great examples to sell in the Portal.

- The only downer was TVD being unavailable. We should make an effort to play him against Georgia Tech if possible.

- Overall, it was a blast to watch. Duke has been the most miserable game of the season lately and this was different. 8-1.

Advertisement
Now we actually see it on the field. We used to lose to this garbage. Miami looked motivated, fresh and fast. The tackling and overall intensity was there from the beginning, even with some early rust. We are a long way from the bye-week curse.

- There are 8 games in a normal ACC schedule. This is the second time we’ve gone 7-1 since joining the ACC. That’s twice in 15 years. The other time we did it (2017), our coach won Coach of the Year. Manny deserves credit for fixing a lot of problems in a short amount of time.

- The OL has come a long way. They couldn’t block these guys for the past two years. Now, it’s a mismatch for us. Navaughn Donaldson blocked out the sun on Cam’Ron Davis’s touchdown run. Hopefully that is a confidence-builder on his road to fitness.

- Corey Flagg finds the football. I don’t know what he runs in the forty, but he is a sideline-to-sideline player.

- I never understood the rush to bury Cam Harris. The young guys are super talents, but Cam puts up the best numbers and makes the most explosive runs. On the flip side, the benching seems to have motivated him.

- Keontra Smith is finally flashing as a fast and physical player. He is someone who looks like a Miami defender.

- Brevin and Mallory played a bunch of snaps together and it looked good. When the ball gets to the perimeter, it helps to have a big TE blocking in space and dominating his matchup against a DB.

- Congratulations to @waynejr31 . Happy to see Steed play well and force a fumble after all that he’s overcome. He could have easily quit after the second ACL but he is a true Cane.

- Marcus Clarke is flashing. I’ve heard the staff is very high on his speed and ball skills, but I liked how he tackled. He made several tough plays on kickoff and defense.

- Miami used to have the most athletic DT in the nation. When you see Elijah Roberts force a fumble on a kickoff, it gives you hope we can get there again.

- I loved the decision to kick those FGs. Get Borregales’s confidence back and bury Duke. To quote the great @The Franchise, class is for Mr. Peanut with the top hat and the cane. Miami runs up the score.

- Tirek Austin-Cave and Jalen Rivers got meaningful run. TAC in particular looked explosive and thicker than advertised. Losing the spring really hurt him but his upside is huge.

- The only downer is TVD being unavailable. We should make an effort to play him against Georgia Tech if possible.

- Overall, it was a blast to watch. Duke has been the most miserable game of the season lately and this was different. 8-1.

Advertisement

- The OL has come a long way. They couldn’t block these guys for the past two years. Now, it’s a mismatch for us. Navaughn Donaldson blocked out the sun on Cam’Ron Davis’s touchdown run. Hopefully that is a confidence-builder on his road to fitness.

- Keontra Smith is finally flashing as a fast and physical player. He is someone who looks like a Miami player.

- Congratulations to @waynejr31 . Happy to see Steed play well and force a fumble after all that he’s overcome. He could have easily quit after the second ACL but he is a true Cane.

- Marcus Clarke is flashing. I’ve heard the staff is very high on his speed and ball skills, but I liked how he tackled. He made several tough plays on kickoff and defense.

- Miami used to have the most athletic DT in the nation. When you see Elijah Roberts force a fumble on a kickoff, it gives you hope we can get there again.

- The only downer is TVD being unavailable. We should make an effort to play him against Georgia Tech if possible.

Good stuff. Only thing I disagree with is regarding Cam Harris. He had a few decent runs, but man Chaney just has something the others don’t. He’s gonna be the goods if he stays healthy!

1607228970133.png

Advertisement
We looked inspired to kick *** for 60 min for the first time since FSU (Who we always get up for) this year, and ND & VT in 2017

Don't care that the opponent was Duke. We played to dominate every snap even with the 2nd and 3rd string in.

And thats how it should be at Miami. Not sure what changed over the last 3 bye weeks but if we can keep this consistently we'll go from dominating the **** ACC teams, to Dominating the average/above average ones. Which means we'll be a national contender every year.

Hope this is here to stay and not just another flash

Good stuff. Only thing I disagree with is regarding Cam Harris. He had a few decent runs, but man Chaney just has something the others don’t. He’s gonna be the goods if he stays healthy!

chaney is RB1 next year and Knighton is our change of pace back. Great 1, 2 combo. Hope Harris stays but honestly burns and whoever else we bring in can take those 10 snaps next year.

Advertisement
Oline has a looong way to go.. I couldnt imagine what we would do with actual good oline, we dropped 40+ and 500 yards + but oline still feels like its holding us back, lol.. Need alot of work, I hope we can get Donaldson to have offseason of lifetime and we can build off that..

We will also miss Jarrid, he is a godsend all season. The guy has quieted the RT spot to point you dont even realize how well he has played, he is finesse tackle and wont be confused as road grader but in pass pro he is a prototype.. One of our most valuable players..

This is the kind of game most of the past 15 years we'd likely come out sloppy, unmotivated, and in real danger of losing. None of that tonight. No, we're not in Clemson's league, but we're a **** of a lot better than last year. And if you can't be happy with that you're just a miserable *******. A focused effort and a few more guys back from COVID protocol and we can beat UNC.

Advertisement
Oline has a looong way to go.. I couldnt imagine what we would do with actual good oline, we dropped 40+ and 500 yards + but oline still feels like its holding us back, lol.. Need alot of work, I hope we can get Donaldson to have offseason of lifetime and we can build off that..

We will also miss Jarrid, he is a godsend all season. The guy has quieted the RT spot to point you dont even realize how well he has played, he is finesse tackle and wont be confused as road grader but in pass pro he is a prototype.. One of our most valuable players..

our pass pro has been pretty **** good all year. It’s our running game that is weak. Maybe Rivers, Campbell and a healthy Donaldson can help that next year.

Advertisement
Back