There has always been a talent gap

Advertisement
Great work and impressive win by this group, but do not get ahead of yourself. There is a talent gap between this year's Duke team and most of them under Cutcliff. Duke is a really bad team and we handled our business against them. That was the type of win you expect to have.

This 2020 team would wipe floor with the 2017 team btw

If not for covid this team is even better, we would had a full spring and fall camp, we don't play Clemson, we get that weak *** OOC schedule to build chemistry, and we would also have GR15.
Yea we got screwed over with losing our old schedule and such.. We would be coastal champs too..

It looks like Blake James knew what he was doing by hiring Manny. Manny learned alot from his first season, With the incoming recruiting class it looks like he might be building a top 10 program. Let's hope so
1607230002190.gif

not a single thing to complain about with that performance. duke is a bad team, but we did precisely what we were supposed to do and completely dismantled them, even shaking off some early rust without too much of a sweat. well done by the players and coaching staff.

Advertisement
Offense -

- Cam is Cam. Good speed back who can break a long run if he gets to the outside or has an open hole, but he's not going to make guys miss or get the tough yards in between the tackles. Chaney and Knighton are dynamic runners who are future stars in this program and offense

- Brevin just adds another element to this offense that nobody else can. Would love for him to come back and put a full dominant season together and turn himself into a 1st rd pick. He has the talent, just needs to stay healthy and put it all together

- Mike Harley - kudos to him for taking the criticism this year and really putting in the work to have a great end to his Canes career. True cane.

- King - PLEASE COME BACK.

- OL - Still has strength and consistency issues, but Donaldson is HUGE (literally). If he can get in better shape and continue to push guys around (that hole for Cam was all him) he'll be massive (pun intended). Good to see Jalen Rivers get some time. He looks big as well

Great win. Dominated from start to finish. Idc if it was Duke. These are the type of games we usually lose/struggle like **** to win and there was none of that tonight. Played well in all 3 phases.

Shoutout to the players and coaches, credit all around.

Last edited:
We're well on our way. Years past this would've been an L....mostly because we'd been looking ahead to the UNC game cuz it likely has NY6 ramifications for us. Even if the OB goes to Clemson/ND loser, we close UNC/GT with a 10-1 record and we're a lock for being an at-large NY6 team.

And I guess it shalt not be BYU seeing as how they ducked us and instead called out Coastal Carolina to only go down there and get beaten.

Advertisement
Clemson is going to come out very focused in 2 weeks in their rematch. Look for TL to shine and the defense to be very motivated now that they have Skalski and a few others back. Remember, Dabo knows how to peak his team at the right time of the year. Kelly is still learning.

On another note, next week will decide a showdown against the hated Gayturds. I hope we snap Howell in half and bury one piece at the old OB site lol

I think King has really brought a different attitude on the O, and guys like Silvera and Phillips and Roche are are stepping up on the D. It helped to get Jordan back, he played great ball tonight. This team absolutely has a different feel to it, a different level of maturity. They're becoming winners.

Really wish we could have seen some TVD this game. I'm also frustrated we still can't find a punt returner.

Advertisement
Why does everyone say that? When they played their backup QB had over 400 yards. So by your logic Lawrence will have 800 yards passing in order to be able to destroy ND.
The ND game plan was to negate 9 and make the QB beat them. He almost did that. If they try that same **** Lawrence will shred them Early and often. I’d be surprised I’d ND challenges Clemsons WRs like they did with out 16

Advertisement
I hope not but I’m not killing those guys tonight. I get the feeling Diaz is calling the shots. This is entirely different than what we have seen.
Yes, had to believe Manny was calling the at least some of the shots tonight.

Advertisement
Back