There has always been a talent gap

Also seems like Rooster was given promises in recruiting and we are holding our end of bargain to him and family.. Happens in recruiting so I get it, some guys even promise first carry of season to freshman top backs but he is 3rd best at moment.. It keeps everyone happy I guess and its politics but yea dude gets ALOT of love..

Advertisement
Also seems like Rooster was given promises in recruiting and we are holding our end of bargain to him and family.. Happens in recruiting so I get it, some guys even promise first carry of season to freshman top backs but he is 3rd best at moment.. It keeps everyone happy I guess and its politics but yea dude gets ALOT of love..

rooster is going to be really good for us. Just needs to add weight room strength. Looked like he got a stinger tonight

Advertisement
Advertisement
0 is my favorite stat and story of the day. Defense looked entirely different tonight. Players were in position to make plays unlike before. They played well against VT, too. Hopefully, this D shows up next week.

Advertisement
Now we actually see it on the field. We used to lose to this garbage. Miami looked motivated, fresh and fast. The tackling and overall intensity was there from the beginning, even with some early rust. We are a long way from the bye-week curse.

- There are 8 games in a normal ACC schedule. This is the second time we’ve gone 7-1 since joining the ACC. That’s twice in 15 years. The other time we did it (2017), our coach won Coach of the Year. Manny deserves credit for fixing a lot of problems in a short amount of time.

- The OL has come a long way. They couldn’t block these guys for the past two years. Now, it’s a mismatch for us. Navaughn Donaldson blocked out the sun on Cam's touchdown run. Hopefully that is a confidence-builder on his road to fitness.

- Corey Flagg finds the football. I don’t know what he runs in the forty, but he is a sideline-to-sideline player.

- I never understood the rush to bury Cam Harris. The young guys are super talents, but Cam puts up the best numbers and makes the most explosive runs. On the flip side, the benching seems to have motivated him.

- Keontra Smith is finally flashing as a fast and physical player. He is someone who looks like a Miami defender.

- Brevin and Mallory played a bunch of snaps together and it looked good. When the ball gets to the perimeter, it helps to have a big TE blocking in space and dominating his matchup against a DB.

- Congratulations to @waynejr31. Happy to see Steed play well and force a fumble after all that he’s overcome. He could have easily quit after the second ACL but he is a true Cane.

- Marcus Clarke is flashing. I’ve heard the staff is very high on his speed and ball skills, but I liked how he tackled. He made several tough plays on kickoff and defense.

- Miami used to have the most athletic DTs in the nation. When you see Elijah Roberts force a fumble on a kickoff, it gives you hope we can get there again.

- I loved the decision to kick those FGs. Get Borregales’s confidence back and bury Duke. To quote the great @The Franchise, class is for Mr. Peanut with the top hat and the cane. Miami runs up the score.

- Tirek Austin-Cave and Jalen Rivers got meaningful run. TAC in particular looked explosive and thicker than advertised. Losing the spring really hurt him but his upside is huge.

- The only downer was TVD being unavailable. We should make an effort to play him against Georgia Tech if possible.

- Overall, it was a blast to watch. Duke has been the most miserable game of the season lately and this was different. 8-1.
Well said D$, we wiped our cleats with these sorry **** players finally after 3 tries recently. They have no business hanging with us at all. So glad Manny got the team fo used even with another dozen+ unavailable due to COVID-19. All in all the type of W the old regimes would be proud of.

It’s not just about yards and points. And Lawrence can run that freshmen qb for clemson isn’t really a runner. And Lawrence is way more experienced.
Right, but Clemson is not going to destroy them. That game is won in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement
It looks like Blake James knew what he was doing by hiring Manny. Manny learned alot from his first season, With the incoming recruiting class it looks like he might be building a top 10 program. Let's hope so

his biggest test will be can he convince king to return
Two years of king/lashlee will totally change this program
I have my fingers crossed

Advertisement
Back