There has always been a talent gap

Advertisement
Phillips has been a momster..but ppl saying **** go 1st or 2nd if he bounces haven’t learned **** over the years..he’d get drafted but he needs more tape
He’s going round 1, really weak edge draft class and he just may be the most gifted of all of them even over greg who is extremely gifted in his own right

I can't recall the last time I saw Miami make a team quit in the first half. I know it's just Duke, but as @DMoney stated this is a team that in the past few years has given us fits. Great to see Miami come out strong after such a layoff. Hopefully, this energy carries over into the last couple of games and into the offseason.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
We're well on our way. Years past this would've been an L....mostly because we'd been looking ahead to the UNC game cuz it likely has NY6 ramifications for us. Even if the OB goes to Clemson/ND loser, we close UNC/GT with a 10-1 record and we're a lock for being an at-large NY6 team.

And I guess it shalt not be BYU seeing as how they ducked us and instead called out Coastal Carolina to only go down there and get beaten.
Are you high? Byu didn’t duck us....Acc scheduled in conference instead.

Defense-

- Phillips, Nesta, Roche were dominating. Phillips is gone and prob 1st rd if he keeps this up through the last few games. Harvey and Cam Williams hopefully can step into their shoes next year.

- Boy did our LBs suck the first half of the year, but also, boy does the future look bright. Flagg is all instinct and he’s a true LB that finds the ball, reminds me of Darryl Sharpton a little bit. TAC was also all over the field when he was in, and he looks fast. Steed and Jennings played well too. Sucks we didn’t get to see Huff and Brooks but next year should be fun to watch without McCloud mis reading every play

- Did our safeties finally learn how to tackle and take good angles? They were on point all game. Gurvan looked like a changed man and Bolden looks back from his 5 game hiatus

- Marcus Clarke and Dunson look like players. What a great INT by Clarke. Ivey and Couch also shut down their WRs all game too

- We tackled unbelievable. Best this year. Did Diaz change something? Hopefully it’s here to stay

Advertisement
To me the tackling was the thing I noticed..it was better than it’s been in years.Didn’t see guys throwing themselves at people trying to make a tackle they were wrapping up everyone...and Carter made it through the whole game so there’s that plus.

It was a good game. We need to make this the regular habit before we make too many predictions of being back. But yeah, this is a good sign, a lot of the things that were broken aren't looking so broken, some young guys showing signs of potential.

Good call outs by D$. Flagg and Cave I like, Clarke and K. Smith I like, really nice to see Steed have success. Brevin and Mallory makes sense. Phillips and Roche, nicely done. Will be interesting to see how Phillips gets drafted relative to Rousseau.

FIFY!
20201206_002432.png

It looks like Blake James knew what he was doing by hiring Manny. Manny learned alot from his first season, With the incoming recruiting class it looks like he might be building a top 10 program. Let's hope so

Manny has done a remarkable job. There's just nothing else to say. Pretty or not the outcomes have reversed entirely and we're winning these games.

Advertisement
He’s going round 1, really weak edge draft class and he just may be the most gifted of all of them even over greg who is extremely gifted in his own right
😂 Let’s bet 200$ rn on that‼️ Y’all do this **** every year bruh. He not going in the Firts RD off 1 year..not even really a full szn of dominance. The past 3 or 4 games he’s really showed out. If he comes back and puts together another szn he’s no doubt a 2nd or 1st round guy. But If he bolts after 1 truly productive year in college he’s not going that high

Advertisement
Offense -

- Cam is Cam. Good speed back who can break a long run if he gets to the outside or has an open hole, but he's not going to make guys miss or get the tough yards in between the tackles. Chaney and Knighton are dynamic runners who are future stars in this program and offense
cam has consistently gotten yards on 3rd and short this entire season and did so tonight as well. i get why people love the idea of the two young RBs but many posters on this board seem to have amnesia about what actually happens on the field.

don looked great tonight of course and is easily going to be our best RB since duke but freshmen RBs are very very rarely workhorse backs anywhere in the country & there are good reasons for that. cam is a smart runner and don has also been banged up for most of the year. he's getting an appropriate -- and increased -- amount of work. his time will come.

Advertisement
Back