The official 630AM press conference

The most illustrative part was at the end, when Rose tried to quasi-softball a question regarding his (Golden's) wife's attitude about things. Golden went into offended mode, stating "he would never answer a question like that." No Al you won't, but every time everyone asks about how you like it here, you bring up the wife and kids and how much they like it here...Classic politician (and yes, the MSNBC host WAS off-base on Romney, you don't mock toddlers!). You can't have it both ways, Al; you and your coaching fraternity buddies doublespeak, threats (see Meyer, Urban and Petrino, Bobby) and flat out lies are why some school administrators and parents don't trust you and your ilk. I always recommend students go for ACADEMIC scholarships to control their college life as much as possible. Putting it into the hands of coaches like Golden and his compadres is a recipe for disaster.

Oh well, maybe one of the 'Canes beat reporters will hold him accountable...

From SMD's tweet feed:

"I feel for Al Golden. He must be absolutely spent right now. No matter what happened, it has been an emotional killer."

Here I was thinking only Orlando Sentinel reporters/Urban Meyer sycophants were the only ones willing to take even an *** beating to prove their devotion to a Head Coach. Nope, professional reputations mean nothing, access means everthing!

Advertisement
I've been a big Al supporter but I've gotten to the point I can't listen to his interviews . It's like listening to a dirty politician,trying to manipulate me in to thinking the D isn't an abortion.

This is how I feel now.
He says he's been evaluating everything since the bowl game but it's obvious what he has been doing is coming up with a way to defend his friend.

I'm not making any conclusions or stating my opinion. I'm just stating facts. Every schedule has its cupcakes.

I've always said the biggest problem is talent. I don't want to make excuses, but we can't deny how toxic the NCAA investigation was. In reality, we were under probation -- maybe even worse because we had no definite answers on anything. This is the first year that can properly recruit and it shows. This class is going to be the best we have ever had under golden.

Don't worry about losing those other guys. It's cyclical. We'll get more.

Advertisement
The most illustrative part was at the end, when Rose tried to quasi-softball a question regarding his (Golden's) wife's attitude about things. Golden went into offended mode, stating "he would never answer a question like that." No Al you won't, but every time everyone asks about how you like it here, you bring up the wife and kids and how much they like it here...Classic politician (and yes, the MSNBC host WAS off-base on Romney, you don't mock toddlers!). You can't have it both ways, Al; you and your coaching fraternity buddies doublespeak, threats (see Meyer, Urban and Petrino, Bobby) and flat out lies are why some school administrators and parents don't trust you and your ilk. I always recommend students go for ACADEMIC scholarships to control their college life as much as possible. Putting it into the hands of coaches like Golden and his compadres is a recipe for disaster.

From SMD's tweet feed:

"I feel for Al Golden. He must be absolutely spent right now. No matter what happened, it has been an emotional killer."

Here I was thinking only Orlando Sentinel reporters/Urban Meyer sycophants were the only ones willing to take even an *** beating to prove their devotion to a Head Coach. Nope, professional reputations mean nothing, access means everthing!

I turned on the shower when this part came on so I couldn't really listen to it. Regardless every freaking question was deflected and that got me really mad enough not to care and just jump in the shower smh. Seriously this guy is a politician, the administration did a horrible job extending his contract. The only way to fight against this, is not to go to the games and hurt their pockets.

You could see this coming. Wouldn't doubt it if Donut was the sticking point with Penn St. These dudes have a strange coaching relationship.

I'm convinced there is more than coaching involved. It wouldn't shock me if those dudes were "intimate" with each other.

People need to look at the totality of circumstances -- ALWAYS. There is no tell all stat for anything. Everyone is self-destructing over something that is easy to see. Our expectations need to be realistic. We were loaded with talent in 2011. We were good. We're nowhere near that talent level right now. We're not so good. It's pretty simple.

Coach D has obviously had success in the past. Why can't we have faith that he will be successful again? He's not going anywhere -- get used to it. Take a couple steps away from the edge. We're going to be better next year and even better the year after that. I've been in the boat that thinks we're two years away. Let it play out. We have an extremely young team. Reserve some judgment. Be positive.

We were good in 2011? We must have different definitions because 6-6 isn't very good to me.

Yes, we were good on defense.

Weren't good. He protected that defense with slow pace of play on offense.

I'm not buying that argument. We were only 5 minutes better in TOP.

5 minutes is alot. Lets not forget he did that with Shannon's guys too. A defense that was closer to what we ran previously as opposed to what he run now. On a roster populated with his players or Shannon's players that decided to stick around he is much worse.

This is annoying, at some point the administration has to step in. It's sickening at this point.....

Advertisement
He basically said that he likes the trend and is trying to get back to 2011 in terms of talent when we had a top 25 defense.

If I am not mistaken, weren't we running more 4-3 then?

Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

I did find that part odd.
Almost like he was throwing Al and his family's "business" under the bus? It actually makes me think that Al wanted to go and his wife didn't. The old "if it seems wrong, it is" seems like it fit's here. I'm just guessing on the why, but wow that was a fvcked up closing moment… AWKARD!

Yep. She didn't want to leave. Loves Miami plus uprooting the kids and her parents nearby could've been a major issue with her. There was tension immediatly on the question

He's a politician for sure...he also doesn't sound too happy to be doing this interview. Doesn't have his usual pep...sounds like hes bummed about something

I agree, he sounds stressed.

I hope every awful Miami media member grows some balls and continues to ask him about Penn State until he actually answers the questions in his actual press conference later today. After that move on to the defense and any time he brings up bullshat improvements in the D mention that this "improving" defense gave 400+ yards nine times. I want him to be as uncomfortable as possible.

LULZ. Not a chance with these mealy mouthed fake journalist worms. He'll stare at them, and they'll cower. They'll just continue to write their lame empty pieces and collect their $400/week.

Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

I did find that part odd.
Almost like he was throwing Al and his family's "business" under the bus? It actually makes me think that Al wanted to go and his wife didn't. The old "if it seems wrong, it is" seems like it fit's here. I'm just guessing on the why, but wow that was a fvcked up closing moment… AWKARD!

Yep. She didn't want to leave. Loves Miami plus uprooting the kids and her parents nearby could've been a major issue with her. There was tension immediatly on the question

I took his hold up on that question as more like he didnt want to answer anything Penn St. related and by answering a question on his wife and how she likes it down here, he might be tipping his hand and he didnt want to do that.

Advertisement
Quote Originally Posted by Problem2 View Post

Next year 450 yards a game, POSITIVE TREND JOE
Seriouisly? How much more negative can you be?

For those of you with a hardon for total defense (I prefer scoring defense)
2012: #116 @ 486 yds/game
2013: #78 @ 415 yds/game

ROFLMAO! Looks like Golden's brother posted this. Uh, we stwitched out Savanah St. and USF for Notre Dame and KSU. THAT is the ONLY difference between 2012 and 2013 in ANY category, including overall record.

Get out of here now.

Love this place. We ***** we want a coach that's going to be here, we got that guy and after 3 years we are blasting him for what any of us would have done. If a job comes calling you listen. This year and next year are the years that this team needs to step up and improvement has to be made. I don't give to ***** if he came out and said the sky is purple, he can preach whatever he wants just win games.
All the Randy supports talked about look at the kids graduating. I don't buy tickets to graduations I buy them to watch us win.

I'm not making any conclusions or stating my opinion. I'm just stating facts. Every schedule has its cupcakes.

I've always said the biggest problem is talent. I don't want to make excuses, but we can't deny how toxic the NCAA investigation was. In reality, we were under probation -- maybe even worse because we had no definite answers on anything. This is the first year that can properly recruit and it shows. This class is going to be the best we have ever had under golden.

Don't worry about losing those other guys. It's cyclical. We'll get more.

We traded out ND and KSU for FAU/UF. There is your "improvement". We still ranked last in nearly every defensive stat in the ACC.

Advertisement

From SMD's tweet feed:

I turned on the shower when this part came on so I couldn't really listen to it. Regardless every freaking question was deflected and that got me really mad enough not to care and just jump in the shower smh. Seriously this guy is a politician, the administration did a horrible job extending his contract. The only way to fight against this, is not to go to the games and hurt their pockets.

have fun at FIU games this year.

I've been a big Al supporter but I've gotten to the point I can't listen to his interviews . It's like listening to a dirty politician,trying to manipulate me in to thinking the D isn't an abortion.

So you're a big supporter of a guy you can't even listen to because you think he's a slimey swindler? Okie dokie.

I can appreciate everyone's passion over the last 72 hours, but some of you really need to examine your lives if you're this worked up over the whole situation.

He staying, he's the coach, get over it.

Even if it wasnt the truth, it would've been much smarter for him if he just said that being a former Penn St. player, being from the northeast, having met his wife at Penn St, that he felt he had to give them the courtesy to interview him, but that in his mind he knew all along that he'd stay.

Instead, by deflecting and not answering, it comes off much worse. Like there is something he is hiding.

Hopefully, he's hiding that it's not over yet and that he'll take the Ped State job if they offer it to him.

Advertisement
Back