The official 630AM press conference

The problem is that Golden thinks he deserves to be hired on the spot, as if he's Urban Meyer, but he's really just a middling coach, the kind that has to go through the interview process, vetting, etc. Again, if I'm Penn St. and I pop in that UL game, I unequivocally wouldn't hire him.

Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

Word around the interwebs is that Al was offered but his wife did not want him to make the move. Im sure Al is also protecting her from message board scrutiny. He does a lot of protecting of others.

I'm calling bullshyt on that. This is from Penn Live:

"So, here's the thing about the potential Penn State-Al Golden coupling that many people have speculated fell apart on Sunday.

It was never really a coupling.

A source I trust told me Golden, the former PSU captain and coach of the Miami Hurricanes, that Golden was never offered he position. And Golden officially took himself out of the running on Sunday."

In fact, I'm told that as of early Sunday evening, no one has been offered the job."

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/penn_state_coaching_search_upd_1.html

Wait till they actually offer him the job after they realize Munchausen is a dilapidated **** and that Franklin was just using them for a raise. ****'s gonna get interesting around here again really quickly.

Advertisement
When he opened up with Hey how you doing Al...and Al's response was "The reason I release the statement..."

I knew then it was going to be an excuse filled interview...Al is smart the guy knows how to feed you the info you
want to know to keep you interested...Something happened between him accepting the job and them interviewing
Munchak. He was well prepared for the interview...busting out stats, and still using sanctions as his go to excuse

I just pray he does some changes...its embarrassing

The problem is that Golden thinks he deserves to be hired on the spot, as if he's Urban Meyer, but he's really just a middling coach, the kind that has to go through the interview process, vetting, etc. Again, if I'm Penn St. and I pop in that UL game, I unequivocally wouldn't hire him.

Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

Word around the interwebs is that Al was offered but his wife did not want him to make the move. Im sure Al is also protecting her from message board scrutiny. He does a lot of protecting of others.

I'm calling bullshyt on that. This is from Penn Live:

"So, here's the thing about the potential Penn State-Al Golden coupling that many people have speculated fell apart on Sunday.

It was never really a coupling.

A source I trust told me Golden, the former PSU captain and coach of the Miami Hurricanes, that Golden was never offered he position. And Golden officially took himself out of the running on Sunday."

In fact, I'm told that as of early Sunday evening, no one has been offered the job."

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/penn_state_coaching_search_upd_1.html

Wait till they actually offer him the job after they realize Munchausen is a dilapidated **** and that Franklin was just using them for a raise. ****'s gonna get interesting around here again really quickly.

I don't know if he thinks that. He does have a good job now. He's got EEs coming in and press obligations. He couldn't continue to sit around and be quiet. Of all the guys PSU is interested in he seems the best and most likely guy that would take the gig. I could see PSU coming back at him with more cash and him making the jump. Would be the best for both parties IMO.

wow what a concept protecting your family....HMMMM

i just listened to the interview. it is really interesting how people hear what they want. his response was perfectly reasonable to the wife question.

Only problem is, Joe has interviewed Golden dozens of times and has asked him about the wife and Golden has had no trouble mentioning going to Sony open on key biscayne, or going to Madonna concerts or anything about his wife and how she has been. Today, its personal and he isnt getting into that. Seemed weird for a long time listener since he never had issue with it before

Advertisement
The worst part of this is how much the University of Miami is encouraging him to dodge questions and beat around the bush. If the administration had any sense of how to run an operation they'd have him tell the truth as it is all we are asking for as fans. With the approach Al took this morning and will again at 1230 they will see ticket sales dwindle, merchandise revenue go down and have only put Al in a worse spot for pressure. Al has every right to keep Mark on board and he can look like a hero for keeping him if we improve or will be gone in 11 months due to it. The school has officially created an all in move with Al as he has to win the ACC now before losing the majority of the fan base and being forced to make a change. They have set Al up for a very hard 8 months and Al has made it even tougher with "positive trend" talk and retention of the entire staff, especially on defense.

That's complete crap.

PSU, at least now, is not run by a bunch of dunderheads who would offer a job to someone and then interview others. Obviously, that leads to the possibility of more then one accepting the offer and a massive, embarrassing, potentially expensive mess.

If Al interviewed either he said "No", said he needed time beyond what PSU was willing to give, or never was offered the job. No way PSU offered someone that job and decided to continue interviewing while they busied themselves trying to reel Al in. No way Al left that room not understanding exactly what was on the table and the time frame for a decision. And no way would PSU jerk people around by offering the job, but then continuing interviews. You think Munchak would interview for a job that already had been offered? You really thing PSU would treat him like that.

This Ferman generated rubbish that Al was offered, was working out the detail and got wind that PSU was chatting up Muchack about a job they's just offered Al and so he pushed the agenda truly is idiotic.

Stop it.

THe guy interviewed at Penn St. and was offered the position. He was working out details when he got word of other interviews, i.e. Munchak and tried to play hardball and lost. That is all fact. We are so screwed it isnt even funny.

Ferman is a dope, but he had the story for the most part.

The worst part of this is how much the University of Miami is encouraging him to dodge questions and beat around the bush. If the administration had any sense of how to run an operation they'd have him tell the truth as it is all we are asking for as fans. With the approach Al took this morning and will again at 1230 they will see ticket sales dwindle, merchandise revenue go down and have only put Al in a worse spot for pressure. Al has every right to keep Mark on board and he can look like a hero for keeping him if we improve or will be gone in 11 months due to it. The school has officially created an all in move with Al as he has to win the ACC now before losing the majority of the fan base and being forced to make a change. They have set Al up for a very hard 8 months and Al has made it even tougher with "positive trend" talk and retention of the entire staff, especially on defense.
1) the rabid posters on this board do not constitute the majority of the fan base.
2) He can't discuss the situation truthfully because they will destroy him with negative recruiting.

How the fck do you know what the University is telling Al to do or say? So far, the only really honest statement that came out of this whole abortion was Donna stating something like, "we don't know what he's going to do" when she was asked if Al was going to take the Ped State job. She could have crafted some mumbo jumbo like "he's out coach, and I expect it to stay that way" but she didn't.

Advertisement
1) the rabid posters on this board do not constitute the majority of the fan base.
2) He can't discuss the situation truthfully because they will destroy him with negative recruiting.
120.jpg

How the fck do you know what the University is telling Al to do or say? So far, the only really honest statement that came out of this whole abortion was Donna stating something like, "we don't know what he's going to do" when she was asked if Al was going to take the Ped State job. She could have crafted some mumbo jumbo like "he's out coach, and I expect it to stay that way" but she didn't.

The communications department prepares him for interviews like this. They give him do's and dont's and it was clear this morning that the university took the soft approach to the situation. Al didn't want to be on this morning and they probably pushed him to be on to appease us fans.

My 2 cents

Al golden/wife loves it here he tried to use PSU for another raise, Miami didnt fall for that because they prob want him to leave when he realized they wouldn't raise he stayed

now were all ***ed

Advertisement
120.jpg

92.gif

Al is correct about the trend on defense. He is looking at giving up 600 yards a game next season.

BTW, anyone thinking this slick *** ***** was going to throw Ono out in the cold, or say something negative about his very own defense. Are just whistling in the wind.

Is there a presser at 12:30 and if so is there a link for it or a station i can listen to it on ?

Advertisement
That's complete crap.

PSU, at least now, is not run by a bunch of dunderheads who would offer a job to someone and then interview others. Obviously, that leads to the possibility of more then one accepting the offer and a massive, embarrassing, potentially expensive mess.

If Al interviewed either he said "No", said he needed time beyond what PSU was willing to give, or never was offered the job. No way PSU offered someone that job and decided to continue interviewing while they busied themselves trying to reel Al in. No way Al left that room not understanding exactly what was on the table and the time frame for a decision. And no way would PSU jerk people around by offering the job, but then continuing interviews. You think Munchak would interview for a job that already had been offered? You really thing PSU would treat him like that.

This Ferman generated rubbish that Al was offered, was working out the detail and got wind that PSU was chatting up Muchack about a job they's just offered Al and so he pushed the agenda truly is idiotic.

Stop it.

THe guy interviewed at Penn St. and was offered the position. He was working out details when he got word of other interviews, i.e. Munchak and tried to play hardball and lost. That is all fact. We are so screwed it isnt even funny.

Ferman is a dope, but he had the story for the most part.
Great post. Personally I don't think Al got the offer. PSU's search didn't jive with Golden's schedule. He waited to see if an offer was coming it didn't and so he had to make a statement and go on about his business as though nothing happened. That IMO is the most likely scenerio.

I have been a full fledged supporter since day 1 of the Golden era, but The lack of accountability in that interview this morning was kinda depressing... Pumping out bs numbers instead of facing harsh realities. He seem unconscious to the fact that he's looking up numbers in way that would support him not facing the truth.

Advertisement
Back