The official 630AM press conference

Advertisement
Hopefully, he's hiding that it's not over yet and that he'll take the Ped State job if they offer it to him.[/QUOTE]

Chise,

Don't play with my emotions

Trending positive by a few yards if that isn't working, the RESULTS are not there, a lot of BS. BTW I siap, were al was headed to PSU but his wife wasn't having it since her parents just moved south to escape the cold. She wasn't going to leave. Not sure if it's true, but sounds about right if you Tie it in with no D not being welcome at PSU

Hopefully, he's hiding that it's not over yet and that he'll take the Ped State job if they offer it to him.

Chise,

Don't play with my emotions[/QUOTE]

It's all I got left. I'm going to hold onto this hope until Ped State signs some other corch to a contract. Chip Kelly told everyone he wasn't leaving Oregon last year, and he wound up leaving shortly after his public statement. Hopefully, Ped State will come to its senses and hire this great 8 pillared man of integrity.

Advertisement
Hopefully, he's hiding that it's not over yet and that he'll take the Ped State job if they offer it to him.

Chise,

Don't play with my emotions

It's all I got left. I'm going to hold onto this hope until Ped State signs some other corch to a contract. Chip Kelly told everyone he wasn't leaving Oregon last year, and he wound up leaving shortly after his public statement. Hopefully, Ped State will come to its senses and hire this great 8 pillared man of integrity.[/QUOTE]

As long as he takes Dorito with him.

He didn't sound stressed at all. You guys that hate just want to hate. Al sounds like a guy that believes in what he is doing and wants the same results as we do. In light of the **** storm he had to deal with I'm prepared to watch this play out.

You have no other choice to sit and watch it play out. Let's hope Valentine is the next Wilfork day 1 and somehow Chickillo loses the piano on his back this offseason.

118.jpg

Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

Word around the interwebs is that Al was offered but his wife did not want him to make the move. Im sure Al is also protecting her from message board scrutiny. He does a lot of protecting of others.

Advertisement
2014 Canes are not a National Champion talented team. With that being said the team still has to win. If the Canes suffer enough embarrassing defeats, Golden will be fired. One embarrassing lost could do it.

My disdain for this guy continues to grow, he comes off as being completely full of ****. I can't believe that any rational human being would watch our games this year and think we are trending the right way in anything, **** the offense is almost as bad as the defense. The punter was the only aspect of the team that was consistently good.

Advertisement
Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

Word around the interwebs is that Al was offered but his wife did not want him to make the move. Im sure Al is also protecting her from message board scrutiny. He does a lot of protecting of others.
seems plausible. coral gables is awfully nice at this time of the year especially when you are a one percenter.

Advertisement
Even if it wasnt the truth, it would've been much smarter for him if he just said that being a former Penn St. player, being from the northeast, having met his wife at Penn St, that he felt he had to give them the courtesy to interview him, but that in his mind he knew all along that he'd stay.

Instead, by deflecting and not answering, it comes off much worse. Like there is something he is hiding.
Thats cause the **** is not over. My guess, he wanted the PSU job done by the weekend, but wasn't offered (regardless of what anyone says cause no one knows), Sunday rolls around and he realizes he has to make a statement. Everything he's said leaves the door open for him to bolt if PSU offers him the job.

Make no mistake he wants that PSU job. Whether he gets it or not who the knows but don't get your hopes up.

seems plausible. coral gables is awfully nice at this time of the year especially when you are a one percenter.
A football wife isn't gonna tell her husband you can't coach somewhere else. Lulz. He wasn't offered the job.

I'm calling bullshyt on that. This is from Penn Live:

"So, here's the thing about the potential Penn State-Al Golden coupling that many people have speculated fell apart on Sunday.

It was never really a coupling.

A source I trust told me Golden, the former PSU captain and coach of the Miami Hurricanes, that Golden was never offered he position. And Golden officially took himself out of the running on Sunday."

In fact, I'm told that as of early Sunday evening, no one has been offered the job."

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/penn_state_coaching_search_upd_1.html

Last edited:
The most illustrative part was at the end, when Rose tried to quasi-softball a question regarding his (Golden's) wife's attitude about things. Golden went into offended mode, stating "he would never answer a question like that." No Al you won't, but every time everyone asks about how you like it here, you bring up the wife and kids and how much they like it here...Classic politician (and yes, the MSNBC host WAS off-base on Romney, you don't mock toddlers!). You can't have it both ways, Al; you and your coaching fraternity buddies doublespeak, threats (see Meyer, Urban and Petrino, Bobby) and flat out lies are why some school administrators and parents don't trust you and your ilk. I always recommend students go for ACADEMIC scholarships to control their college life as much as possible. Putting it into the hands of coaches like Golden and his compadres is a recipe for disaster.

Oh well, maybe one of the 'Canes beat reporters will hold him accountable...

From SMD's tweet feed:

"I feel for Al Golden. He must be absolutely spent right now. No matter what happened, it has been an emotional killer."

Here I was thinking only Orlando Sentinel reporters/Urban Meyer sycophants were the only ones willing to take even an *** beating to prove their devotion to a Head Coach. Nope, professional reputations mean nothing, access means everthing!

I turned on the shower when this part came on so I couldn't really listen to it. Regardless every freaking question was deflected and that got me really mad enough not to care and just jump in the shower smh. Seriously this guy is a politician, the administration did a horrible job extending his contract. The only way to fight against this, is not to go to the games and hurt their pockets.

have fun at FIU games this year.

I'm pretty sure if you put FIU players in a UM uniform, you wouldn't see a difference.

Advertisement
Back