The official 630AM press conference

Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

Word around the interwebs is that Al was offered but his wife did not want him to make the move. Im sure Al is also protecting her from message board scrutiny. He does a lot of protecting of others.

I'm calling bullshyt on that. This is from Penn Live:

"So, here's the thing about the potential Penn State-Al Golden coupling that many people have speculated fell apart on Sunday.

It was never really a coupling.

A source I trust told me Golden, the former PSU captain and coach of the Miami Hurricanes, that Golden was never offered he position. And Golden officially took himself out of the running on Sunday."

In fact, I'm told that as of early Sunday evening, no one has been offered the job."

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/penn_state_coaching_search_upd_1.html

Wait till they actually offer him the job after they realize Munchausen is a dilapidated **** and that Franklin was just using them for a raise. ****'s gonna get interesting around here again really quickly.

Advertisement
Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

Word around the interwebs is that Al was offered but his wife did not want him to make the move. Im sure Al is also protecting her from message board scrutiny. He does a lot of protecting of others.

wow what a concept protecting your family....HMMMM

I'm gonna keep hope alive, and here's why:

No one knows if Ped State offered or if they wanted to go through the process and then make a decision after meeting with a few candidates or what his wife had to do with it.

Al might have felt like he needed to be here today just in case they didn't offer him because he had a press conference and meetings with his coaches planned long ago. If he didn't attend the press conference and meetings and wasn't there for the EEs, then the whole story would explode making it nearly impossible for him to come back here if they didn't eventually wind up offering him the job.

There's nothing stopping him from still leaving if he gets the offer today or tomorrow. That limp statement he issued didn't exactly box him into a corner.

i just listened to the interview. it is really interesting how people hear what they want. his response was perfectly reasonable to the wife question.

Advertisement

I'm calling bullshyt on that. This is from Penn Live:

"So, here's the thing about the potential Penn State-Al Golden coupling that many people have speculated fell apart on Sunday.

It was never really a coupling.

A source I trust told me Golden, the former PSU captain and coach of the Miami Hurricanes, that Golden was never offered he position. And Golden officially took himself out of the running on Sunday."

In fact, I'm told that as of early Sunday evening, no one has been offered the job."

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/penn_state_coaching_search_upd_1.html

Wait till they actually offer him the job after they realize Munchausen is a dilapidated **** and that Franklin was just using them for a raise. ****'s gonna get interesting around here again really quickly.

PSU slow playing it and Golden was ****ing in the wind and needed to do this quickly. IMO we may never know, but the timing of events like snow storms, flight, firings etc., did not fit in the Golden plan in order to pull this off. As defined another "failure".

Advertisement

No one knows if Ped State offered or if they wanted to go through the process and then make a decision after meeting with a few candidates or what his wife had to do with it.

Al might have felt like he needed to be here today just in case they didn't offer him because he had a press conference and meetings with his coaches planned long ago. If he didn't attend the press conference and meetings and wasn't there for the EEs, then the whole story would explode making it nearly impossible for him to come back here if they didn't eventually wind up offering him the job.

There's nothing stopping him from still leaving if he gets the offer today or tomorrow. That limp statement he issued didn't exactly box him into a corner.

Yeah, I don't think the Ped State is done yet. Hope/Pray!!!!

You can't have it both ways, i.e. you can't talk all about your family in trying to spin a positive "narrative," then when the story isn't so peachy, abruptly make it an "off-limits" topic...thats being a politician, not a straight up guy.

Advertisement

i just listened to the interview. it is really interesting how people hear what they want. his response was perfectly reasonable to the wife question.

No, it was a rude response to what I ,and at least one other poster, deemed an "easy" question from Rose.

If no one from the current list of candidates is offered the Penn State job, by say Wednesday, it is clear to me that Al was offered the job and turned it down.

He sounds pathetic defending the defense as 'moving up spots'. Own how bad the defense was, Al. Talk yards and points. Just be real about it.

Advertisement
There might not be a tell-all stat, but all I remember seeing is Shayon Green covering Devante Parker.

@ByTimReynolds: Since Nov. 1: Miami ranked 121st out of 123 FBS teams in two categories -- rushing TDs allowed and third-down conversion D.

I work with guy who has access to a couple Cane players. He tells me that they like Al and are all right with him, but that a bunch of the assisstants just stink. Play calling seems to be a huge issue in the locker room-- both side sof ball. These guys actually play, not no names we have never heard of. That seems fairly consistant with much of the baord--except those who just want Al gone, as opposed to those who want Mark gone at all cost.

I heard something like this early in yer--same source, but did not share because I was still recovering from koolaide OD. I think we saw other rumors to the same effect. Clearly we need some shake up in assistants -- it did wonders for FSU. Well that and the Rapist. I thought team quit before the VT game and have not seen or heard anything that proved different.

Advertisement
Back