The official 630AM press conference

People need to look at the totality of circumstances -- ALWAYS. There is no tell all stat for anything. Everyone is self-destructing over something that is easy to see. Our expectations need to be realistic. We were loaded with talent in 2011. We were good. We're nowhere near that talent level right now. We're not so good. It's pretty simple.

Coach D has obviously had success in the past. Why can't we have faith that he will be successful again? He's not going anywhere -- get used to it. Take a couple steps away from the edge. We're going to be better next year and even better the year after that. I've been in the boat that thinks we're two years away. Let it play out. We have an extremely young team. Reserve some judgment. Be positive.

I'm not asking him to be great yet. Be competent. No earthly reason why teams should be continuing to surpass their averages against us.

Advertisement
People need to look at the totality of circumstances -- ALWAYS. There is no tell all stat for anything. Everyone is self-destructing over something that is easy to see. Our expectations need to be realistic. We were loaded with talent in 2011. We were good. We're nowhere near that talent level right now. We're not so good. It's pretty simple.

Coach D has obviously had success in the past. Why can't we have faith that he will be successful again? He's not going anywhere -- get used to it. Take a couple steps away from the edge. We're going to be better next year and even better the year after that. I've been in the boat that thinks we're two years away. Let it play out. We have an extremely young team. Reserve some judgment. Be positive.

We were good in 2011? We must have different definitions because 6-6 isn't very good to me.

Maybe they don't teach literacy at PSU:

trend (trnd) n.

The general direction in which something tends to move.

pos·i·tive (pz-tv)

Measured or moving forward or in a direction of increase or progress.

Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

Stopped listening to him speak midway through the season, it's revolting. He basically reinforced more of the inept Dorito defense.

Advertisement
Next year 450 yards a game, POSITIVE TREND JOE

Seriouisly? How much more negative can you be?

For those of you with a hardon for total defense (I prefer scoring defense)
2012: #116 @ 486 yds/game
2013: #78 @ 415 yds/game

"We're trending upward on defense."

*refers to stats from 2 years ago as proof that defense can be good*

He's hitching his wagon to the wrong Pony. Dorito will have them both out of work in 1-2 years top. That defense they put out the last 2 years was atrocious and if he can't see that then he can kick rocks.

We were good in 2011? We must have different definitions because 6-6 isn't very good to me.

Yes, we were good on defense.

Advertisement

When you play Savannah State, USF and FAU that tends or trends to happen. He played a real OOC schedule last year and got torched. Every ACC team but Wake surpassed 400 yards this year.

I'm not asking him to be great yet. Be competent. No earthly reason why teams should be continuing to surpass their averages against us.

There is no possible way that he is THAT incompetent. There have to be other factors too.

Weren't good. He protected that defense with slow pace of play on offense.

Preferring scoring defense over total defense is like allowing the opponent to gain yards, to what the only thing that matters is what's on the scoreboard.

Advertisement

Alright now factor in which offenses allowed us to get to 415
Duke, V Tech, Pitt, Virginia Haha yea good trend pal

WestEndzone, you are reaching buddy. Remember the BS soft schedule we had this year too my friend and when we went up against a team that had ANY kind of a pulse we got curb stomped. That stat you showed has FAU, USF, and freakin Savannah State mixed in it! Come on. If you think this defense is getting better at the pace WE NEED IT TO BE AT in order to keep up with FSU then you got serious problems.

The part that has me worried is that time is FLYING in regards to his tenure here. I am sure nobody expects our defense to be any better next year seeing that we have NO proven DTs in a defensive scheme that requires you to have an absolute man-child at NG manning the middle. So next year will be more of the same basically. Do you realize the year after that will be Duke and Tracys incoming classes SENIOR YEAR! BOOM! Just like that our core talent is in there last year! I just fear we are "throwing good money after bad" handing this guy premium talent only for him and Dno to ***** it up. I dont know what the answer is but it is VERY hard to be positive at this point. Smh.

Advertisement
Al was so off… Joe tried to talk about family and his wife's love of South Florida and he took it as an insult? lol "Joe threw him a meatball" and he took it as a 90 mph fastball. lol

I did find that part odd.
Almost like he was throwing Al and his family's "business" under the bus? It actually makes me think that Al wanted to go and his wife didn't. The old "if it seems wrong, it is" seems like it fit's here. I'm just guessing on the why, but wow that was a fvcked up closing moment… AWKARD!

He didn't sound stressed at all. You guys that hate just want to hate. Al sounds like a guy that believes in what he is doing and wants the same results as we do. In light of the **** storm he had to deal with I'm prepared to watch this play out.

If he wants the same results we as fans do then he needs to FIRE his DC Onofrio ASAP PERIOD END OF STORY!!!!!!!

Weren't good. He protected that defense with slow pace of play on offense.

I'm not buying that argument. We were only 5 minutes better in TOP.

You would too if you where slammed by the media and the fan base!

Advertisement
Back