The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

Advertisement
Can Michigan win a shootout against non B1G teams? I want to be able to win multiple ways and against various types of opponents. I respect Michigans physicality though.

Gotta have that vertical threat like OSU with Marvin Harrison Jr. If you play the ball control offense. Michigan doesn’t have the speed demons, but they have guys who can get open and still take it the distance. That RUN GAME and PA Pass is still king in their offense.

“Biggest” does mean “only.” I quickly went through some other differences in the OP.

This was a comment on the playing style debate that we see on these boards. The difference between their fYzIcAL and our FyZiCaL isn’t OL talent or explosive players. They are a lot smarter at controlling the game at the coach and quarterback positions, and the numbers reflect that.

👍🏾

Advertisement
this fanbase would never give someone 9 years which is where Harbaugh is now, or even 6 years before he really started to accomplish anything

that's the main difference
Wrong.

He won 10+ games 3 out of his first 4 years at Michigan. Any coach that came here and won 10+ games the first 3 out of 4 years would easily get 6 years.

1000014752.png

this fanbase would never give someone 9 years which is where Harbaugh is now, or even 6 years before he really started to accomplish anything

Harbaugh was a bad spot in OT from beating Ohio state in his second year. Plus it doesn’t matter what the fan base thinks, Mario is here minimum 5 more years with his buyout.

Harbaugh is such a great he choked away his lone super bowl appearance and hasn’t had the chance to choke away a Natty.

He was getting dogged on this board 3 years ago before he beat Ohio State a handful of times. Had he not been at his alma mater he’d have been ****canned.

Perennial 10 win seasons aren’t good enough. National championships are the goal yet we suck off every head coach that hasn’t actually won one. I love this fanbase.
You're talking **** because he made it to the super bowl and lost? Lmao. Dude has done great at every stop.

Harbaugh is 83-25 at Michigan ( 9 seasons).

three top-5 finishes (assuming this year will be one)
three straight CFP
seven top 25
six top 15s
5 top 10s.
six 10-win seasons (including his first two).

Harbaugh is a great coach.
Crazy response where-in I never sad or inferred he was bad.

Advertisement
The whole narrative that you gotta beat your head in the wall to win big is just not true. Go look at UGA , Bama , LSU and Clemson‘s recent championship teams stats. I’d rather be multiple like them while being fyzical.

This and I hope people get that in their heads. That’s not our style down here. We can be physical and explosive with our speed guys in space.

If Michigan is the ultimate goal for Miami, then we’d be making a mistake wasting NIL money on a QB in the Portal.

We need to load up on OL’s, DL’s & find another big bodied Fletcher style RB.

Probably should consider hiring Sherrone Moore or Kirk Campbell.

I’m not being sarcastic either, if that’s what we wanna be moving forward then we need to lean into it all the way & stop dipping our toes halfway in the water.
Im Not No Way GIF

Advertisement
Harbaugh is a good coach, hs very unlikeable but hes a good coach

Yes it did take him a long time to build up Michigan and it has happended once Urban left Ohio

Michigan also doesnt recruit as well as Ohio St and the top SEC schools so whatever hes done recently has worked, for that Conference

Remember, even all the really good Miami teams were incredibly physical while all most focused on was the speed and style. Miami in its apex physically and mentally beat the opponent

That’s what we need to return to.

You're talking **** because he made it to the super bowl and lost? Lmao. Dude has done great at every stop.
I just want to know why some coaches are applauded for 10 win seasons/conference titles, etc. who haven’t won a championship. And then others are dogged for not getting over the hump.

The hump would be 10+ win seasons/conference titles/playoff appearances, but no natty’s. Right? The Harbaugh’s, the Kelly’s, the Richt’s, the Ryan Day’s.

This has nothing to do with Mario**

Two years ago this board was dogging Harbaugh because he couldn’t get over the hump. And now he’s a board martyr. Why? Because he beat a Ryan Day led Ohio State a couple times? He got smashed in the playoffs.

If this was a Michigan board and Harbaugh had the same exact trajectory we would be calling for his head on a stake.

I just want to understand the logic this board uses.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Uhhh, u do realize Harbaugh is:
10-3
10-3
8-5
10-3
9-4
2-4 (Covid)
12-2
13-1
12-0

Don’t u? Let’s stop acting like Harbaugh just started winning and the fan base wasn’t patient. He took over after a 5-7 season, & immediately turned them into winners. Let’s also stop acting like after Covid, Harbaugh wasn’t flirting w the NFL, & UofM fans weren’t raising ****.

Last edited:
This is the 1 million dollar question. All signs right now point to the former which is when Mario was there. He left for Oregon basically right at the time Saban decided to evolve his offensive system. He’s building us using the Bama blueprint he learned from Saban, which I am all for EXCEPT for the offense part which Saban himself moved on from. Hopefully Mario comes to his senses like Saban did and evolves his view of what offense should be. You can still be physical but you gotta spread the field out some more and be explosive. If he does that, I am very optimistic about the future. But right now his Achilles heal is the offense he wants to run, he did the same at Oregon. Talk to any Oregon fan and they will tell you they mostly loved Mario but hated his offense.
Saban hired Lane Kiffin as OC the year after he hired Mario. They coached together two years. Lane was opening up the offense.

I just want to know why some coaches are applauded for 10 win seasons/conference titles, etc. who haven’t won a championship. And then others are dogged for not getting over the hump.

This has nothing to do with Mario**

Two years ago this board was dogging Harbaugh because he couldn’t get over the hump. And now he’s a board martyr. Why? Because he beat a Ryan Day led Ohio State a couple times? He got smashed in the playoffs.

If this was a Michigan and Harbaugh had the same exact trajectory we would be calling for his head on a stake.

I just want to understand the logic this board uses.

B/c it’s hard af to win a championship in CFB when there’s a 130 teams in FBS, and 65 P5 teams.

10+ wins is always the median standard for any blue blood. It keeps donors happy, keep ur team in the top 25 which means relevance, relevance = exposure, exposure = $$. As long as u hover around that mark, it gives u as good as a chance to compete for a Nat’l title as any team.

Advertisement
Back