The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

B/c it’s hard af to win a championship in CFB when there’s a 130 teams in FBS, and 65 P5 teams.

10+ wins is always the median standard for any blue blood. It keeps donors happy, keep ur team in the top 25 which means relevance, relevance = exposure, exposure = $$. As long as u hover around that mark, it gives u as good as a chance to compete for a Nat’l title as any team.
I want to know why Harbaugh was getting dragged here two years ago but is now a board martyr.

Advertisement
Harbaugh won 10 games 3 times in his first 5 years. I wouldnt call that not really accomplishing anything.
he was 0-5 against Ohio state until 2021 and didn't win the big ten until that year

ten games sure but winning anything of value for a big program like that? no

he had more leeway because of his track record obviously, I'm just pointing that out each coach has different a timeline

B/c that’s what fans do. Lol
Season 11 Nod GIF by The Voice

Advertisement
It shows just how low the ceiling is to his offensive style even when it’s working, and how bad things get when it doesn’t work, and it doesn’t work a ton.

And honestly, Harbaugh’s is the same when you look at the ceiling. His teams rarely have these games where they are creating a positive offensive value of 20+. Just like Mario. Because he spends too much time running into bunched boxes and burning plays and putting his offense in third and long too much.

The difference is he’s better at bro-ball.
So while you don’t see a ton of impressive offensive value performances every year when you look at Michigan, you also don’t see these complete floor dropping games. Where there’s not only a ton of negative value games, but they are like double digit negative value games.

And that’s Mario. And until he figures out how to stop that, nothing will matter. And it’s not a question of giving him time to turn us into what he did at Oregon. Because every year at Oregon follows the exact same pattern. Without fail.

There is no legitimate refute to this. The film doesn't lie.

All these MFs getting butt hurt and upset at fans because they are critics of Mario shortcomings are so **** annoying. Taking personal shots at ya fellow fans like we're rooting against the guy.

We want dude to be successful but you can't recruit or build your way out of his issues. That's the problem everyone wanting to blame the **** players and coordinators, don't see.

It is what it is 🤷🏿‍♂️

You want to be like a team that when the playoffs start they can actually say they're in the playoffs?
FIFY. Cause aint no **** way in the Devils **** yall are trying to say you don't want playoff football.

The system be damned, they're competing for possible Ships. Yall have got to be kidding me right now.

We're 7-5 talking about we don't want to emulate a conference champ-playoff bound team. You gotta be kidding me.

Advertisement
You're talking **** because he made it to the super bowl and lost? Lmao. Dude has done great at every stop.
Weird how some people think coaches stink because they made it to a super bowl and lost to another great team. Yeah, he's kicked *** everywhere at every level. Made it to the Superbowl, which is the very highest level. He lost, so he stinks. Guess Saban and Meyer suck too. They couldn't even make it past 1 year in the NFL.

That was the beginning but the offense didn’t truly evolve into its final form until 2017, which is the year Mario left.
Alabama recruited Tua after Mario (and Lane) left but that‘s not on Mario (or Lane). Bama ran west coast-ish offense the year before, beating Clemson 45-40 for the NC. Hurts was running a power spread/multiple offense the next year when Bama lost the NC to Clemson.

Advertisement
Weird how some people think coaches stink because they made it to a super bowl and lost to another great team. Yeah, he's kicked *** everywhere at every level. Made it to the Superbowl, which is the very highest level. He lost, so he stinks. Guess Saban and Meyer suck too. They couldn't even make it past 1 year in the NFL.
True. Unless you win it all you’re a failure and absolutely suck. This is today‘s society, sadly.

I think another major key besides the obvious QB play is creativity with play calling. There are moments in a season where you can’t rely on just physicality. Michigan had the guts to call the HB pass for a big play that set up much needed points when the offense was stagnant. Hopefully in year 2 of Dawson we get some of this when our Offense isn’t clicking.

Advertisement
he was 0-5 against Ohio state until 2021 and didn't win the big ten until that year

ten games sure but winning anything of value for a big program like that? no

he had more leeway because of his track record obviously, I'm just pointing that out each coach has different a timeline
I think Harbaugh’s primary issue early in his career Michigan was switching to a pro style offense, post-Rich Rod/Brady Hoke, while failing to acquire a top quarterback. He had Andrew Luck at Stanford. McCarthy is the best quarterback he’s had but he would be an afterthought nationally if Michigan wasn’t undefeated. He might be solid, some games, but he’s far from elite.

Last edited:
Physical, ball-control football still wins the games that matter. Miami tried to establish this culture all year. Our OL is actually better than Michigan’s right now- watch how the NFL draft plays out.

Yes, Michigan is the better team overall with the better defense and deeper NFL talent. But the difference should not be as stark as it is. What’s the biggest difference between the two teams? Game management.

Michigan is 5th nationally in fewest giveaways. Miami is 107th. And despite Michigan using a dozen different head coaches, they consistently make better decisions in crucial situations. They also had a smart quarterback who was at his best when his team needed a conversion.

You can’t be a physical, grind-it-out team if you consistently fail to manage the game. The reason Miami is 7-5 is because the coaches and quarterback did not consistently manage the game all season.

I don't disagree with anything you said but all the enhanced QB play and game management will never matter much if this program keeps getting raped by the game officials. This needs to be fixed as much as anything.

Advertisement
Back