The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

Physical, ball-control football still wins the games that matter. Miami tried to establish this culture all year. Our OL is actually better than Michigan’s right now- watch how the NFL draft plays out.

Yes, Michigan is the better team overall with the better defense and deeper NFL talent. But the difference should not be as stark as it is. What’s the biggest difference between the two teams? Game management.

Michigan is 5th nationally in fewest giveaways. Miami is 107th. And despite Michigan using a dozen different head coaches, they consistently make better decisions in crucial situations. They also had a smart quarterback who was at his best when his team needed a conversion.

You can’t be a physical, grind-it-out team if you consistently fail to manage the game. The reason Miami is 7-5 is because the coaches and quarterback did not consistently manage the game all season.

A smart QB makes game-management easier.

That's the biggest difference and you'll see it next season.

Advertisement
This. Dawson still has some work to do, but Mario and TVD cost us 3 games at a minimum.
Dawson is the QB coach. He failed to adjust or fix TVD during the 4 game T.O. stretch. Only took Dawson 11 games to use the TE. My opinion Dawson, Mario and TVD all share the blame. TVD was playing hurt. Maybe they should have benched him earlier.

Physical, ball-control football still wins the games that matter. Miami tried to establish this culture all year. Our OL is actually better than Michigan’s right now- watch how the NFL draft plays out.

Yes, Michigan is the better team overall with the better defense and deeper NFL talent. But the difference should not be as stark as it is. What’s the biggest difference between the two teams? Game management.

Michigan is 5th nationally in fewest giveaways. Miami is 107th. And despite Michigan using a dozen different head coaches, they consistently make better decisions in crucial situations. They also had a smart quarterback who was at his best when his team needed a conversion.

You can’t be a physical, grind-it-out team if you consistently fail to manage the game. The reason Miami is 7-5 is because the coaches and quarterback did not consistently manage the game all season.
Was in Ann Arbor this weekend for game. Fan base is the biggest difference…forget the teams. WOW ! Those people show up, 111,000 strong game in and game out, regardless. Generation after generation, the hospitality we received was incredible. Everywhere we went. Spent Friday and Saturday all day around stadium and bars. A salute to “go blue” from a Cane, you do it right.

Advertisement
Don't have time to comb thru 20 pages, so this may have already been said...I hope we look way less like Michigan over time, not more like Michigan. That program exemplifies Caveman football, which is well suited to big, slow, unathletic midwestern corneaters. They benefit from lots of resources and a loyal fanbase (no in-state entertainment alternatives); they are perrenially overrated and play in a conference loaded with other caveman football programs. I believe they will get smoked in the playoffs and would likely lose to 5-10 other non-conference teams that have a balanced attack and can stop the run.

Please keep that boring, midwestern, clock-eating, Gattis/Golden, bro-ball as far away from Coral Gables as possible.

Last edited:
Was in Ann Arbor this weekend for game. Fan base is the biggest difference…forget the teams. WOW ! Those people show up, 111,000 strong game in and game out, regardless. Generation after generation, the hospitality we received was incredible. Everywhere we went. Spent Friday and Saturday all day around stadium and bars. A salute to “go blue” from a Cane, you do it right.
Usually shrug that type of stuff off but when you cant even sellout our "premier games" like tamu/clemson this season and then you compare it to the spectacle that was this weekend its no wonder its hard to keep talent.. As a cfb fan those atmospheres are crazyyyy..

...Michigan has The BIG HOUSE, Canes have The Curse of the Orange Bowl.
One great night/moment at our "home stadium" in Miami Gardens since tearing down the heart and soul of the community.

You get what you f'ing deserve.

Advertisement
You’re delusional lol. McCarthy better than Beck and Nix??? LOL.

You’re a Michigan fan. You literally admitted it. You’re going off rankings? No **** Michigan is ahead of them, they haven’t lost because they play in a watered-down garbage conference this year. What’s the best offense they’ve played, Ohio State? A team with a mid QB and barely hung 17 on ND? 20 on Penn State? 35 on Youngstown St?

Your logic implies FSU is better than Oregon.

Just wait and see. I’ll be bumping this in a few weeks should Oregon beat Washington and they get matched up. If you had to respond three times to my post at 2:45am, you seem emotionally touched.
Hey how'd that Oregon team do? Ya that's what I thought lol

You’re delusional lol. McCarthy better than Beck and Nix??? LOL.

You’re a Michigan fan. You literally admitted it. You’re going off rankings? No **** Michigan is ahead of them, they haven’t lost because they play in a watered-down garbage conference this year. What’s the best offense they’ve played, Ohio State? A team with a mid QB and barely hung 17 on ND? 20 on Penn State? 35 on Youngstown St?

Your logic implies FSU is better than Oregon.

Just wait and see. I’ll be bumping this in a few weeks should Oregon beat Washington and they get matched up. If you had to respond three times to my post at 2:45am, you seem emotionally touched.
Are you still going to bump it ?

Advertisement
Michigan beat Oregon?

Has Michigan faced an offense as good as Oregon? I'm confused on this particular bump
They don't have bc they're not good enough to beat Washington. Whole point was Oregon is not better then Michigan or Washington. Yes they have faced an offense as good as Oregon.

Advertisement
Back