The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

Fair enough but 95% of what people care about is HOW we run and pass and not really the ratio. If they ran/passed creatively and it worked i don't think anyone would really care about the ratio.
Nope. The people on here would just move the goalposts. Lashlee was creative in play calling, what did they complain about? The lack of ability to run the ball.

Now we have a legit running game, now it's the creativity of the run game. We could run the 49ers run scheme and people on here start would complaining we not using all the routes on the tree, or some bull****.

Advertisement
how is it not working? we average more yards per carry than Georgia, Alabama, and Michigan
christmas vacation GIF

Georgia and Oregon are also physical, ball-control offenses. They run efficiently, physically dominate when necessary and protect the ball. They just have an explosive element on top of their ability to control the game.

The OP isn’t saying we should be like Michigan. I would rather be Georgia and Oregon. But the biggest reason Michigan wins is because they do the things we don’t do- protect the ball, manage the game and make good decisions from the top down.

Weird post, you are the OP. Why did you refer to yourself in third person here? You've mentioned Michigan multiple times during the season and I'm none too certain that you don't want us to be like them. Even if you say as much here. Why not talk about those other offenses instead? Why Michigan?

As for the rear, this post and the OP's (you) , that's all basic as ****. Protect the ball, that's football 101. Manage the game and make good decisions all around, again that's football 101.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Weird post, you are the OP. Why did you refer to yourself in third person here? You've mentioned Michigan multiple times during the season and I'm none too certain that you don't want us to be like them. Even if you say as much here. Why not talk about those other offenses instead? Why Michigan?

As for the rear, this post and the OP's (you) , that's all basic as ****. Protect the ball, that's football 101. Manage the game and make good decisions all around, again that's football 101.
I’m referring to the Original Post. And I’m talking about Michigan because Michigan just played and won a football game that everyone watched.

This is a response to the running meme about “fYzICaL” football as if it’s a bad thing. That style wins the games that matter. The goal is to be like Alabama and Georgia, where you can control the game with physicality while being explosive. But you can still win playing like Michigan if you protect the ball and manage the game. The biggest reason our style failed us, despite a monster OL and an efficient running game, is that we didn’t protect the ball or manage the game.

Nope. The people on here would just move the goalposts. Lashlee was creative in play calling, what did they complain about? The lack of ability to run the ball.

Now we have a legit running game, now it's the creativity of the run game. We could run the 49ers run scheme and people on here start would complaining we not using all the routes on the tree, or some bull****.

But that wasn’t a complaint about Lashlee, at least not from me.

Lashlee did what he could with the talent he had. But he constantly put TVD and the offense in a position to succeed.
He simplified the reads by spreading teams out and limiting the size of the playbook.
He used tempo to force defenses into tough spots.
He used motion to create a lot of eye candy.
And he used plays to set up later plays.

That’s why even when TVD struggled, we still scored points.

Us struggling to run the ball made sense given the offensive personnel he had to work with.

The complaint about the defects in the offense under Mario aren’t personnel complaints. They are systematic complaints.

I’m referring to the Original Post. And I’m talking about Michigan because Michigan just played and won a football game that everyone watched.

This is a response to the running meme about “fYzICaL” football as if it’s a bad thing. That style wins the games that matter. The goal is to be like Alabama and Georgia, where you can control the game with physicality while being explosive. But you can still win playing like Michigan if you protect the ball and manage the game. The biggest reason our style failed us, despite a monster OL and an efficient running game, is that we didn’t protect the ball or manage the game.

Michigan won a game where their post game win expectancy is beneath 50%. How sustainable is that?

What is Michigan’s record playing this ball control style of football in the SEC?

The best team under Harbaugh lost to the first southern team it played last year. And that was a 3* talent team.

I didn't watch it, but that neither here nor there.

Of course you can win games that way. That shouldn't be our aim at all though. Does Mario even know where he is, what talent is available nearby? Adopting Michigan's style of play would be akin to taking up the wishbone or triple option when we were good.

It isn't as simple as you're selling it to be. We completely abandoned the pass at times and tried to get all fyzicle, we're behind the chains and on the scoreboard, that's not a good place to be. We were the playing into their hands. We didn't fumble all over the place and it still wasn't working.

Some people need to go back and watch what put this place on the map. We were physical, but in a different way. We didn't need to win the time of possession battle. We still don't and didn't need to in order to win this year. There was clearly a different style of play calling in different stages of this season. The part where we went Michigan deep, it's the forgettable part.

Advertisement
****. Very ironic thread because I was just in a heated discussion with a good friend of mine who is an avid Michigan fan. I was arguing that Mario is not our guy, and his adamant point to me was that we need to stick with him and give him time - like they did with Harbaugh.

He reminded me that he himself was a vocal proponent of canning Harbaugh like most of their fanbase was year after year of getting manhandled by OSU. I honestly never thought Harbaugh would have lasted this long.

Harbaugh somehow got his **** together and they are at least in the CFP picture.

We should have been 8-4 if not for Mario’s mongoloidality. That GT loss was embarrassing and unacceptable. But I do think we need to give him more time. Is he behind where we thought he would be after Year 2? Yes. Does he have a lot of ground to make up next year? Yes.

I think all we can do is be patient and hopeful and see what happens.

Advertisement
****. Very ironic thread because I was just in a heated discussion with a good friend of mine who is an avid Michigan fan. I was arguing that Mario is not our guy, and his adamant point to me was that we need to stick with him and give him time - like they did with Harbaugh.

He reminded me that he himself was a vocal proponent of canning Harbaugh like most of their fanbase was year after year of getting manhandled by OSU. I honestly never thought Harbaugh would have lasted this long.

Harbaugh somehow got his **** together and they are at least in the CFP picture.

We should have been 8-4 if not for Mario’s mongoloidality. That GT loss was embarrassing and unacceptable. But I do think we need to give him more time. Is he behind where we thought he would be after Year 2? Yes. Does he have a lot of ground to make up next year? Yes.

If you are making a decision based off one fans experience you are already plenty hopeful. 🍻

I have zero issues running the ball 50% of the time. My biggest issue with Mario is his inability to run an effective running game that is creative and unpredictable scheme. The last 2 games we saw more pulls and misdirection but where was that the entire month of October and some of early November? Bully ball isn’t going to work all the time. Can’t run up the middle all 2nd half vs FSU with 9 in the box and expect success.

This. Creativity and situational football escape this staff. We could been at 60% rushing and it would have been the same result.

Harbaugh won 10 games each of his first two years and 3 years out out the first 4.

Can we please stop repeating this garbage comparison to us and Michigan fans with Harbaugh? The situations aren’t even remotely similar and if you actually watched a down of football outside of Miami you would have told your friend this in response to such a profound realization.

Harbaugh won 10 games each of his first two years and 3 years out out the first 4.

Can we please stop repeating this garbage comparison to us and Michigan fans with Harbaugh? The situations aren’t even remotely similar and if you actually watched a down of football outside of Miami you would have told your friend this in response to such a profound realization.
Everything you’ve said is just like a trim Miami fan. At some point you’ve got to realize that no coach is walking in our door and turning around our **** program in two years.

You like every other Miami fan would find fault with any coach we bring in who doesn’t get us a natty in 3 years.

I couldn’t give a **** about Mario, but tell me what is your solve. I’m listening.

Advertisement
Back