The Bank (6/1)

View as article
View attachment 240324
“Yeah Mr. Ref… this dude rightchea… get his *** tf on up outta here!”
I believe Mario is the best recruiter however Miami and Mario by extension has not been able to pull a legit #1 WR in recruiting or the portal. Til that happens I won't change my opinion.

That deadbeat from FSU stole a 5 star from broward last year.

Advertisement
I believe Mario is the best recruiter however Miami and Mario by extension has not been able to pull a legit #1 WR in recruiting or the portal. Til that happens I won't change my opinion.

That deadbeat from FSU stole a 5 star from broward last year.
Stole? Keem never wanted to be here so not sure how they stole a recruit we were never going to get. Losing out on Trader is a different story.

Totally agree. No Nelson playing at 225 in the Spring of his junior year, and adding 60+ pounds to start at OT for us 18 months later. Other than Kinsler, all those kids were 300+ with no weight concerns. And Kinsler (and Cooper before him) seems to have bought into the S&C program. This 2023 OL class could be historic.
Agreed. Seeing the same thing on the defensive side of the ball at least on paper. We are notorious for finding tweeners that we simply can’t develop properly

There’s a couple in last years class but for the most part these guys already are playing their future positions and thriving at it

Those were CIS scouts who dont know how to watch film and make a judgement. If you watch that boi film there is no way you would say he was not athletic

I think it's best to wait to actually see a kid perform on the field before saying anyone was wrong......especially after the Terry Roberts news.

If i remember the conversation, the talk of Pulliam would more about his lateral movement on tape and listed track times, not a generalized comment about athleticism. The pictures of his being rocked up, hitting like a truck and having some short area straight line burst were evident on tape. I love the early feedback on these kids but we've heard many things before, so i'll be cautiously optimistic. If nothing else, the depth and competition we are getting should make all these kids better simply from practicing against one another. We couldn't say that in recent years.

Advertisement
I think it's best to wait to actually see a kid perform on the field before saying anyone was wrong......especially after the Terry Roberts news.

If i remember the conversation, the talk of Pulliam would more about his lateral movement on tape and listed track times, not a generalized comment about athleticism. The pictures of his being rocked up, hitting like a truck and having some short area straight line burst were evident on tape. I love the early feedback on these kids but we've heard many things before, so i'll be cautiously optimistic. If nothing else, the depth and competition we are getting should make all these kids better simply from practicing against one another. We couldn't say that in recent years.
I dont know what kinda player he will develop into. I was speaking from an athleticism standpoint and that u can tell from watching his tape.

Advertisement
The Pulliam news is huge bc I remember the scouting report being underwhelming athletically. So this is huge and my dumbass should’ve figured Mario wouldn’t take a kid that’s a bad athlete
I have no idea where the “underwhelming athletically” stuff came from. Maybe it’s because on his film, he seemed to wait until he was sure of where the ball carrier was going before exploding into the gap and into the tackle. Maybe to some on here, that equates to a LB that is slow footed. I can tell you that a lack of athleticism is not gonna be an issue with him. What I saw on tape, and more importantly in person, is a LB that can go sideline to sideline.

Question....

Are we MAYBE seeing...

Kinsler = Zo + Mario + big boy recruiting/evaluation machine

?????

Wouldn't that be something!
To be fair he was committed to Florida so he wasn’t exactly a hidden gem

But I don’t think that changes your point when you look at some early returns on some of the lighter recruited guys Pulliam, Spencer etc

I have no idea where the “underwhelming athletically” stuff came from. Maybe it’s because on his film, he seemed to wait until he was sure of where the ball carrier was going before exploding into the gap and into the tackle. Maybe to some on here, that equates to a LB that is slow footed. I can tell you that a lack of athleticism is not gonna be an issue with him. What I saw on tape, and more importantly in person, is a LB that can go sideline to sideline.
Once i seen that play where he opened up and chase down the RB from directly behind 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾. I seen what i need to see in regards to that. He is just very patient in reading his keys. Classic MLB.

Advertisement
FYI, I've added snippets from the bank to the thread for each player profiled in this episode. This includes the quote from the article and a direct link to @DMoney 's comments from the episode video. Will be helpful if you can't remember what he said about a particular player or if you need to refer back a couple weeks from now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Those were CIS scouts who dont know how to watch film and make a judgement. If you watch that boi film there is no way you would say he was not athletic

Exactly. Pulliam‘s tape is Solid. The staff offering him let me know they were back on the right track recruiting LB. Everything you want in a MLB

Last edited:
Exactly. Pulliam‘s tape is Solid. The staff offering him let me know they were back on the right track recruiting LB. Everything you want in in MLB
As we enter the 5 star weekend let us not forget that On3 gave us a 4.5% chance of signing Pulliam.
MGM = Me Gusta Mario

IMG_0231.gif

LFG!

I recall questions about lateral quickness as well. He looked plenty athletic when going downhill.

Advertisement
Back