The Bank (6/1)

View as article
Advertisement
images

I like Gilmore as one of the takes at edge. I think he’s played some TE as well.
I don’t necessarily hate the take, I’m just puzzled as to where he sits on our board if we’re apparently keen to take him without hesitation.

Stewart
Lightfoot
Franklin
Rudolph
Jackson
Pickett Jr

Idk where this guy fits in on this list. Haven’t even touched on Rushing, Edwards, etc. I’m expecting 3 edge guys, maybe a 4th. If he’s our 4th, great. If he’s like 2nd, we failed here. JMO.

Advertisement
The Gilmore news confuses me tbh. We already took Russell as a underrated guy on the line at a position that we supposedly have a ton of traction with big fish, but I’ll trust the staff and their evals. Maybe it’s the star ***** in me, but his offer list is relatively mid.

And yes I know Gilmore is an Edge compared to interior, but he’s way further down on the list of names I want/thought we have traction with.
Gilmore is not a project.

Gilmore is not a project.
Never said a project. He’s just not as highly sought-after as most of the names I previously mentioned, especially based on his offer list. It’s Oregon, OU, and us basically. And yes, Lanning and Venebles with their offers are certainly overly positive signs. Anyone denying that is asinine.

Kid’s film looked fine. I’m just saying he’s not in my personal top five for ‘24 DE’s. Not right now.

I don’t necessarily hate the take, I’m just puzzled as to where he sits on our board if we’re apparently keen to take him without hesitation.

Stewart
Lightfoot
Franklin
Rudolph
Jackson
Pickett Jr

Idk where this guy fits in on this list. Haven’t even touched on Rushing, Edwards, etc. I’m expecting 3 edge guys, maybe a 4th. If he’s our 4th, great. If he’s like 2nd, we failed here. JMO.
I don’t think this equivalent to Russell. Venables likes him. So does Lanning.

Advertisement

Stewart
Lightfoot
Franklin
Rudolph
Jackson
Pickett Jr

I’d take Gilbert over lightfoot just based off film
Franklin most likely SEC bound
Pickett has shown very little interest
We late on Rudolph
If you can get a kid like Gilbert you grab him imo

Advertisement
The Gilmore news confuses me tbh. We already took Russell as a underrated guy on the line at a position that we supposedly have a ton of traction with big fish, but I’ll trust the staff and their evals. Maybe it’s the star ***** in me, but his offer list is relatively mid.

And yes I know Gilmore is an Edge compared to interior, but he’s way further down on the list of names I want/thought we have traction with.
Mario is probably expecting more attrition and knows he needs to recruit for depth on top of having ready to go studs on deck.

Advertisement
Did u see that one hand slap he did and slap that DE 10 yards into the endzone?
Yeah that kid is a monster

we talked about this a lot already but we’ve taken so many **** OL in the past that were practically TEs we hoped would grow into OL

This last year we recruited some absolute monsters that are already there measurable wise

(PAUSE @Confidence1000 😂)

Last edited:

Stewart
Lightfoot
Franklin
Rudolph
Jackson
Pickett Jr

My guess - Your Lightfoot/Stewart types are your step foot on campus and play big time minutes kind of players. The Gilmore maybe is a kid you stash for a year to RS, have him be a backup and then look for him to shine by year 3. I dunno, just a guess. That said, maybe the coaches have him on par or ahead of Pickett and Rudolph.

Never said a project. He’s just not as highly sought-after as most of the names I previously mentioned, especially based on his offer list. It’s Oregon, OU, and us basically. And yes, Lanning and Venebles with their offers are certainly overly positive signs. Anyone denying that is asinine.

Kid’s film looked fine. I’m just saying he’s not in my personal top five for ‘24 DE’s. Not right now.
Well **** if this highly regarded national recruit that most of the top defensive minds in the country have offered isn’t in your top five we probably shouldn’t take him.

Advertisement
Back