The ATM (7/2)

View as article
3fjcke498vf11.jpg

Advertisement
I ask this as purely to see y’all’s opinions, not to be a thorn in anyways. With Lannings success in Oregon on the recruiting trail, Alabama still pulling in record classes, etc., do you guys still view Mario as a super ace recruiter or was he in otherwise already attractive programs and stayed the course recruiting wise?

I ask this as purely to see y’all’s opinions, not to be a thorn in anyways. With Lannings success in Oregon on the recruiting trail, Alabama still pulling in record classes, etc., do you guys still view Mario as a super ace recruiter or was he in otherwise already attractive programs and stayed the course recruiting wise?
I do, yes. Lanning was a savage recruiter at UGA with Kirby too, and they are throwing a ton of money around. They probably have a top 5 NIL program in the country.

What Mario did with the 2022 class pulling Skinner from Bama, Moss, Kelly, Wes…then last year…was remarkable. I think it adds to the frustration as to why we’re struggling to close on guys right now.

Why is it we need to win games when Nebraska went 4-8 last year and not one kid from so fl has done **** there since Lavonte David. How big was that bag and at what point did Miami say, we’re not paying that for a WR whose other best offer was from the Cornhuskers? Miami kid really going around saying he’s taking his talents to Nebraska. smdh
My guy @Rellyrell BEEN trying to let you guys know that the first year bump is a real thing

I could recruit well at Bama.

Oregon was down a bit when he arrived but he had the resources there (Nike) and Oregon had more recent success than Miami.

BTW, I’ve seen that VFL MANY times over the last almost 40 years living in NE TN.

Advertisement
Lanning is a great recruiter like Mario. Before those two Oregon never recruited well even with Phil Knight bags.

Sigh… they went 4-8 and fired their coach, the new guy turned both Temple and Baylor around and has a great CFB track record.
Appreciate the response but that makes no sense as a standalone. Mario doesn't have a great track record? Nebraska's WR coach is a 24-year-old who has never coached college ball before. Is it just the local kids saying, '**** Miami, there's a bigger world out there, I'm taking my *** to Lincoln?'

Lanning is a great recruiter like Mario. Before those two Oregon never recruited well even with Phil Knight bags.
I didn’t know much about Oregon and admittedly still don’t. I remember the chip Kelly days and had just assumed they had been a recruiting powerhouse.

south Florida kids going to Nebraska never works out, anyone know what those cats from a couple of years ago are doing?

billy porter sipping tea GIF by Pose FX

Only reason people care is because Barney is barely a 4 star. But it would be nice if Mario got some highly rated kid to commit for optics sake.

Advertisement
Appreciate the response but that makes no sense as a standalone. Mario doesn't have a great track record? Nebraska's WR coach is a 24-year-old who has never coached college ball before. Is it just the local kids saying, '**** Miami, there's a bigger world out there, I'm taking my *** to Lincoln?'
this poster has the best explanation I've seen:

1688336069854.png

NO

Mario has a track record but he then delivered a 5-7 season with one of the worst offenses particularly passing offenses I’ve ever seen. Now in terms of Barney, NEB made him a priority for months and he built a great relationship there. Miami came in late and was looking good but NEB upped the bag and he chose them. Can’t underscore that he actually had a closer relationship with that staff and they made him a priority for months. It’s a loss for us, I really like his skill set.

Advertisement
It always trip me out when I see the phrase “Miami caliber”. Are we basing this off post 2005 or pre 2005? Outside of the few first rounders, Ahmon, Duke, Hank, etc most guys been jags.

Advertisement
It always trip me out when I see the phrase “Miami caliber”. Are we basing this off post 2005 or pre 2005? Outside of the few first rounders, Ahmon, Duke, Hank, etc most guys been jags.
Man, Ahmmon Richards was gonna be a first rounder. His freshman year tape was unreal, as was Stacy Coley. But Richards getting hurt was a travesty

D coming in with an injection of Kool Aid to revive me 😍

We have to be honest with ourselves…….The downfall of UM rest with the JAG CORCH’es and same sorry *** Administration that choose them and Mario.

Too many UM‘s administration officials should NEVER EVER be allowed to make any football decisions again

Advertisement
Back