The ATM (7/2)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Had some follow-up discussions and wanted to relay some scoop. There was a lot of negativity around Miami yesterday, and it was real. But the sun came up and they are back on the grind:

- I continue to hear good things about Miami with Chaminade teammates WR JoJo Trader and DB Zaquan Patterson. Trader was the star of the camp and blew away Miami coaches with his athleticism, which exceeded what was on his film. He looked like he could have played this year in our WR room.

- New CB commit Romanas Frédérique (St. Thomas Aquinas) actually spent some time playing with the Miami Gardens Ravens crew, so he is very familiar to our commits and targets. He measured 5’11 with a 6’4 wing in camp and ran 4.48. He also showed fluidity and ball skills, which is an area we’ve lacked at corner. He has played a ton of WR and it shows.

- There is some confidence with OL Deric Plazz (Jacksonville) and Miami. Need to close there. Miami also feels it is in a good place with OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle). They know Utah is a real threat with its Poly connections, but Miami has its own Poly connection and long-standing relationships.

- The big name battle I’m watching closest right now is DE Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago). Miami has worked that one hard and is hoping to turn around its momentum.

- Another name that impressed in camp- RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey (South Broward). I’m told he looked electric coming out of the backfield and looked Miami-caliber at corner, although he is being recruited as an offensive player. They feel he is one of the more underrated players in the class.

- Miami is still very much after WR Lawayne McCoy (Central) and he remains a flip candidate.

- As far as names on campus, I’m getting a lot of great feedback on transfer RB Ajay Allen. “Pro back.” I heard he very much has a professional mindset- doesn’t party, watches film and takes care of his body.

Advertisement
wedding crashers comedy GIF

Let’s see how this next month goes and if we start hearing new names become priorities. The full court press has to be on before we head into fall camp.

Advertisement
Had some follow-up discussions and wanted to relay some scoop. There was a lot of negativity around Miami yesterday, and it was real. But the sun came up and they are back on the grind:

- I continue to hear good things about Miami with Chaminade teammates WR JoJo Trader and DB Zaquan Patterson. Trader was the star of the camp and blew away Miami coaches with his athleticism, which exceeded what was on his film. He looked like he could have played this year in our WR room.

- New CB commit Romanas Frédérique (St. Thomas Aquinas) actually spent some time playing with the Miami Gardens Ravens crew, so he is very familiar to our commits and targets. He measured 5’11 with a 6’4 wing in camp and ran 4.48. He also showed fluidity and ball skills, which is an area we’ve lacked at corner. He has played a ton of WR and it shows.

- There is some confidence with OL Deric Plazz (Jacksonville) and Miami. Need to close there. Miami also feels it is in a good place with OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle). They know Utah is a real threat with its Poly connections, but Miami has its own Poly connection and long-standing relationships.

- The big name battle I’m watching closest right now is DE Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago). Miami has worked that one hard and is hoping to turn around its momentum.

- Another name that impressed in camp- RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey (South Broward). I’m told he looked electric coming out of the backfield and looked Miami-caliber at corner, although he is being recruited as an offensive player. They feel he is one of the more underrated players in the class.

- Miami is still very much after WR Lawayne McCoy (Central) and he remains a flip candidate.

- As far as names on campus, I’m getting a lot of great feedback on transfer RB Ajay Allen. “Pro back.” I heard he very much has a professional mindset- doesn’t party, watches film and takes care of his body.
D$ any chance they can get trader or Zaquan to pop? Any update on the 5 star dline guys? We need a big splash

Advertisement
There was a podcast I heard this week, maybe thru the smoke and one of the guys was like he is not a chris wheatley fan, he wont even be a rotation caliber player at a school like miami and he was a reach but with guys like Citizen (if he recovers), Fletcher, Riley, and even Allen as blue chippers it might not matter.. Just surprised I have never heard someone outright just call a player a jag, Ima have to see him in person myself to really know, I did laugh at the spring "highlights" they posted on here a lil while back..

Advertisement
There was a podcast I heard this week, maybe thru the smoke and one of the guys was like he is not a chris wheatley fan, he wont even be a rotation caliber player at a school like miami and he was a reach but with guys like Citizen (if he recovers), Fletcher, Riley, and even Allen as blue chippers it might not matter.. Just surprised I have never heard someone outright just call a player a jag, Ima have to see him in person myself to really know, I did laugh at the spring "highlights" they posted on here a lil while back..
It was David Lake. I was like dang when I heard that as well. Lake usually isn’t that expressive about HS players.

I have noticed Breelands name starting to be mentioned less and less.

This. If you’ve been paying attention, there’s nary a peep and instead, Oregon is gaining traction. That’s a bad sign given his teammate - baker - is also leaning to Oregon.

And to think, this staff supposedly felt best about Scott and breeland going into latter half of June.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back