The ATM (7/2)

View as article
Advertisement
Who on Gods green earth told you that Addison got $3.5M?

His first round NFL ROOKIE contract is 4/$13M

Are you trying to tell the board with a straight face that Addison for an NFL-sized rookie contract from the USC collectives(s)?

This is what was reported. I don't have any classified information to tell me the report is wrong. At the time I remember the rumor was around 1.8- 2 million. Usc has the money so it's not like another 1 million was going to bankrupt them. Even if vastly overpaying it would be a good investment because a phenomenal first year by Riley was going to generate a ton of hype.

This is what was reported. I don't have any classified information to tell me the report is wrong. At the time I remember the rumor was around 1.8- 2 million. Usc has the money so it's not like another 1 million was going to bankrupt them.
And every article made comments like "if reports are true" bc they all knew it was bull**** but they wanted the clicks.

Any kid or family member can float anything to Twitter or social media to push a narrative. It doesn't make it true. These schools are not going to confirm or deny those things publicly because it's a lose/lose for them to do so.

Advertisement
Wrong. I never gave up on a season during the Diaz years. I was angry at losses but I only saw the team quit a couple times (UNC) in his tenure. Even in the FIU game, there were a few players still playing their hearts out. The entire team folded in 2022 and quit on the season about halfway through. Never seen anything like it.

As for recruiting - yup Cristobal got the #7 class last year. And this year its looking like he's about to reel in a class in the high teens in year 2, which is just about what Diaz got (#17).

If you had a chance to win 1 million and given the TCU roster and had to win 1 game, then told to pick between either Diaz or Cristobal for HC , who would you pick? If you pick Cristobal then you haven't been paying enough attention to college football.
Do you think Manny Diaz could take a team into the horseshoe in Columbus, Ohio and leave with a W ?

Plazz ain’t moving the needle. Too many names have been thrown around previously at OL for me to believe he’s anything more than a plan c kid.

When Lightfoot doesn’t pick Miami the battles along the D-Line only start to get harder. We are in trouble.

The rest of the names on this list are local kids we had leads for that have turned into tougher battles than they should be. Sound familiar? Just about every coach that’s been here in the past 15 years.

We. Need. Wins.

Last edited:
If you had a chance to win 1 million and given the TCU roster and had to win 1 game, then told to pick between either Diaz or Cristobal for HC , who would you pick? If you pick Cristobal then you haven't been paying enough attention to college football.
I’d take the guy who has won bigger games and that is Mario. Listen we aren’t in a good spot but let’s not pretend Manny was a good coach lol

Advertisement
Diaz sucked worse than Mario. Horrendous HC and **** recruiter. Mario is a bad Gameday coach and for all his ‘all we do is work’ he seems to get out worked a lot lol

And I want to make one thing clear. I thought Diaz was a horrendously bad hire at the time. Go ahead and try to pull receipts if you think I'm lying. However, I said that if were going to go the route of an inexperienced, unqualified coach, then when needed to accept there would be a learning curve. We should have waited to see how he did at Temple, but we didn't. You[BGCOLOR=initial] can't have the same expectations for a coach with a decade of experience like Cristobal and a coach at the beginning of his career. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]Diaz adjusted quickly (moving to spread after one year as a HC), and was killing it in the portal (Phillips, King, Rambo). Was he going to end up an elite recruiter? Probably not. Could he hire elite recruiters to help? Yes and it looked like he was trying to do that. T-Will was going to help with LBs. He left but Diaz had the right idea. T-Rob was great DB hire. Maybe Diaz would have understood he couldn't handle HC and DC at the same time and hired a legit DC. We don't know because he only got 2.5 seasons. For what he was getting paid, we were getting about what we paid for. [/BGCOLOR]

You are underrating Parrish and at least overating the other two. Think Allen and Fletcher have very good potential but I don’t see instant game changers and Parrish has been steady proving he can run in P5 conferences.

Last years OL was the most disinterested, disengaged and dysfunctional unit I can ever remember suiting up for Miami
I recall watching Parrish at Ole Miss and he was a productive back.
Anxious to see Allen and Fletcher.

Advertisement
Valid point. Mario did that & won a rose bowl. Manny could never.
We all know Mario isn't some schematic savant. He's an O lineman. A recruiter. A program builder. But the way people act like he's some over qualified ****** is beyond delusional. This guy has been an understudy for some amazing coaches: Butch, Schiano, Saban. Comparing him and his credentials to Manny is like comparing your neighborhood BestBuy customer service rep to a fortune 500 tech CEO. Last year was a disaster and Mario is responsible for that, but people need to stop with the overreacting. He has all the pressure in the world to perform so let's see what this team looks like for at least 1 game before we start naming Manny Diaz of all people a better coach.

peaky blinders GIF

Who on Gods green earth told you that Addison got $3.5M?

His first round NFL ROOKIE contract is 4/$13M

Are you trying to tell the board with a straight face that Addison for an NFL-sized rookie contract from the USC collectives(s)?
Why is that unreasonable? Florida at one point was ready to pay that much to a four star incoming quarterback.

Advertisement
It would have been totally understandable if they season started and we had another horror beginning, but in the summer? Something off. So ima sit back and watch more. And talk less. What i realize is alot of the information coming out is not reliable. Of course things change but this Barney recruitment should never blindside us like some 5 star national kid. No way. So me....more watch, less talk. One more month till fall camp. All i care about now

Last edited:
The Pharmacy 7/2:

- Jojo and Patterson are talented. We know this. They’re also not anywhere near committing.
- OJ has a good frame. We know this. Also, he knows some other kids on the team. Rare to see this. Usually everyone meets for the first time on day 1 of pads.
- There is (more than zero) confidence with our contingency OL after getting beat out by Pitt; big name poly kid is still talking to our poly contacts. This not not news.
- Lightfoot is committing to OSU after getting a dose of reality.
- Hellcat is not a take at RB. They’re already starting the propaganda campaign to move him.
- We need to hope we don’t get our **** physically kicked in by FSU again if we want to flip… a Miami Central kid…
- Very good timing to recycle a previous talking point on a Nebraska transfer. I really hope Barney reads the board.
Aye @DMoney , I appreciate the bank, ATM, etc. but this funny. Lol

Diaz cost 3.5 million per year. Cristobal costs 8 million per year and has 7 more years. For one year alone, that's a 4.5 million difference. Jordan Addison got 3.5 million from USC. I think 4.5 million would have swayed him to UM. Lets say Diaz had been given one more year. If you took last years roster but add Jordan Addison in a Lashlee-style offense - we easily have a top 20 offense and a 10 win season.

It's all about how you choose to spend money. UM decided to invest in a bag of magic beans and the myth of a "super recruiter" coach instead of just allocating several million to NIL and just buying the best roster like all the top teams that don't believe in fairytales.
Last year, if you a Lashlee offense and no Addison we’re headed for a 10 win season.

There’s more than money going on here

Advertisement
Back