The ATM (7/2)

View as article
Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

Advertisement
There was a podcast I heard this week, maybe thru the smoke and one of the guys was like he is not a chris wheatley fan, he wont even be a rotation caliber player at a school like miami and he was a reach but with guys like Citizen (if he recovers), Fletcher, Riley, and even Allen as blue chippers it might not matter.. Just surprised I have never heard someone outright just call a player a jag, Ima have to see him in person myself to really know, I did laugh at the spring "highlights" they posted on here a lil while back..
That was David Lake on through the smoke. was a little surprised he said that considering that in the world of recruiting, he‘s Just a jag.

Had some follow-up discussions and wanted to relay some scoop. There was a lot of negativity around Miami yesterday, and it was real. But the sun came up and they are back on the grind:

- I continue to hear good things about Miami with Chaminade teammates WR JoJo Trader and DB Zaquan Patterson. Trader was the star of the camp and blew away Miami coaches with his athleticism, which exceeded what was on his film. He looked like he could have played this year in our WR room.

- New CB commit Romanas Frédérique (St. Thomas Aquinas) actually spent some time playing with the Miami Gardens Ravens crew, so he is very familiar to our commits and targets. He measured 5’11 with a 6’4 wing in camp and ran 4.48. He also showed fluidity and ball skills, which is an area we’ve lacked at corner. He has played a ton of WR and it shows.

- There is some confidence with OL Deric Plazz (Jacksonville) and Miami. Need to close there. Miami also feels it is in a good place with OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle). They know Utah is a real threat with its Poly connections, but Miami has its own Poly connection and long-standing relationships.

- The big name battle I’m watching closest right now is DE Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago). Miami has worked that one hard and is hoping to turn around its momentum.

- Another name that impressed in camp- RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey (South Broward). I’m told he looked electric coming out of the backfield and looked Miami-caliber at corner, although he is being recruited as an offensive player. They feel he is one of the more underrated players in the class.

- Miami is still very much after WR Lawayne McCoy (Central) and he remains a flip candidate.

- As far as names on campus, I’m getting a lot of great feedback on transfer RB Ajay Allen. “Pro back.” I heard he very much has a professional mindset- doesn’t party, watches film and takes care of his body.
Appreciate the article. Great to read some positive news.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wrong. I never gave up on a season during the Diaz years. I was angry at losses but I only saw the team quit a couple times (UNC) in his tenure. Even in the FIU game, there were a few players still playing their hearts out. The entire team folded in 2022 and quit on the season about halfway through. Never seen anything like it.

As for recruiting - yup Cristobal got the #7 class last year. And this year its looking like he's about to reel in a class in the high teens in year 2, which is just about what Diaz got (#17).

If you had a chance to win 1 million and given the TCU roster and had to win 1 game, then told to pick between either Diaz or Cristobal for HC , who would you pick? If you pick Cristobal then you haven't been paying enough attention to college football.
Such nonsense. Under Diaz players spent more time goofing and dancing, even when losing, than playing with any heart. It was those players who completely bailed on the team last year when asked to actually focus on football. Even some of the players who actually cared made comments about that. Kinchens being one of them that bashed the players from that regime who didnt want to put in the work being demanded by Mario. That is why the roster has needed a wholesale overhaul. Notice how most of the best and highest effort players last year were Marios tranfers, plus a small, select few of Mannys guys.

Last edited:
Why is it we need to win games when Nebraska went 4-8 last year and not one kid from so fl has done **** there since Lavonte David. How big was that bag and at what point did Miami say, we’re not paying that for a WR whose other best offer was from the Cornhuskers? Miami kid really going around saying he’s taking his talents to Nebraska. smdh

Why is it we need to win games when Nebraska went 4-8 last year and not one kid from so fl has done **** there since Lavonte David. How big was that bag and at what point did Miami say, we’re not paying that for a WR whose other best offer was from the Cornhuskers? Miami kid really going around saying he’s taking his talents to Nebraska. smdh
Already been explained 10x…

Advertisement
Advertisement

16 yards per carry. The size is obviously the concern but we’ve been complaining about losing these guys forever.

appreciate it, was more talking about when season roll around and looking on schedule for a tough opponent and seeing in person..

Advertisement
Back