The ATM (7/2)

View as article

This is what was reported. I don't have any classified information to tell me the report is wrong. At the time I remember the rumor was around 1.8- 2 million. Usc has the money so it's not like another 1 million was going to bankrupt them. Even if vastly overpaying it would be a good investment because a phenomenal first year by Riley was going to generate a ton of hype.

That’s the first hit when you google “Addison USC NIL”.

You probably should’ve read it before you posted it.

If “if and buts” where candied nuts, every day would be Christmas!

Advertisement
D coming in with an injection of Kool Aid to revive me 😍
oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Why is that unreasonable? Florida at one point was ready to pay that much to a four star incoming quarterback.

“Was ready to” is not the same as actually paid sir.

The NIL frenzy for the most part is over. These extremely high level kids are getting $60-80k max annually.

A kid like Cohen, who had a 3rd round NFL grade is probably cashing a $200k NIL.
So who’d we lose to make everyone panic?

Jacorey Barney

Advertisement
Appreciate the update D$, just too soon for the board lol. Fall camp cannot get here fast enough. Any updates on a start date? Has to be kicking off in July, no?

“Was ready to” is not the same as actually paid sir.

The NIL frenzy for the most part is over. These extremely high level kids are getting $60-80k max annually.

A kid like Cohen, who had a 3rd round NFL grade is probably cashing a $200k NIL.

Jacorey Barney
$60-$80K for NIL is a third of the bag that the OU wide receiver supposedly received in 2019.

The Pharmacy 7/2:

- Jojo and Patterson are talented. We know this. They’re also not anywhere near committing.
- OJ has a good frame. We know this. Also, he knows some other kids on the team. Rare to see this. Usually everyone meets for the first time on day 1 of pads.
- There is (more than zero) confidence with our contingency OL after getting beat out by Pitt; big name poly kid is still talking to our poly contacts. This not not news.
- Lightfoot is committing to OSU after getting a dose of reality.
- Hellcat is not a take at RB. They’re already starting the propaganda campaign to move him.
- We need to hope we don’t get our **** physically kicked in by FSU again if we want to flip… a Miami Central kid…
- Very good timing to recycle a previous talking point on a Nebraska transfer. I really hope Barney reads the board.
Man I didn’t want to say it but this is exactly how I read each of these pieces of news. Watching that clip of Hellcat get an interception Vs JoJo and I almost wrote “we may have to move him to DB anyways”

Advertisement
Is Vincent Shavers better than Tirek Austin-Cave?
Is Judd Anderson better than Cade Weldon?
Is OJ Frederique better than Ryan Mayes?
Is Juan Minaya better than Hayden Mahoney?
Answer is yes to all four of those, at least from looking at the body types and film. I’m not a Judd guy but Cade sucked.

Now there are others in the class I have issues with, but comparatively speaking, those four look like better prospects than the four you listed. That’s an extremely low bar though.

On the real… the only one I can definitely say yes on is Shavers.

Advertisement
$60-$80K for NIL is a third of the bag that the OU wide receiver supposedly received in 2019.

Which OU kid is that?

60-80k annually for a high school kid is a high price to pay for an unproven commodity.

If you’re telling me that a high level QB like Williams or the kid from Alabama gets $1M, then I can believe it.

All of these other ancillary “can’t do it by myself” pieces are not getting that kind of money.

Jesus, they smell some blood, and all the usual suspects are out in force. Fingers crossed, we get some good news soon, so that at least half will disappear.....at least for a minute.

Advertisement

Shavers is better than Austin-Cave. And it’s not close. Shavers is a knock back tackler and TAC was dragging guys down in high school.

Same with Minaya and Frédérique.

I personally like Anderson, but I’ll give you that one if you’d like.

Are there other guys in the class?

Which OU kid is that?

60-80k annually for a high school kid is a high price to pay for an unproven commodity.

If you’re telling me that a high level QB like Williams or the kid from Alabama gets $1M, then I can believe it.

All of these other ancillary “can’t do it by myself” pieces are not getting that kind of money.
Hasselwood it was rumored. Could be BS, but the number seemed plausible when a cornerback (Peterson) was rumored to have gotten $60K in 2006 to sign with another school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back