Thad Franklin is not hurt

Advertisement
to be fair, with the backs, Knighton cam don and brown didn't seem to have an issue. some kids believe in their hype and get a reality check when they enroll.
yeah i get it... and some kids you can never get their heads straight. just seems to be a pattern here lately. but def good point and could be the case here. was def looking forward to seeing thad since he was recruited and he looked like he had good vision in the one game he got a few touches

Yes, BUT .....

Big difference between guys who are mediocre practice players, and guys who don't want to practice.

It's the ;ack of dedication that keeps you them on the bench.
we know this staff has their culture issues, but if Thad put that effort in with say Mario next year, **** be handled swiftly. I hope I don't see any posts about play kid s with talent even if its their own doing as to why they're not playing

yeah i get it... and some kids you can never get their heads straight. just seems to be a pattern here lately. but def good point and could be the case here. was def looking forward to seeing thad since he was recruited and he looked like he had good vision in the one game he got a few touches

agreed. hes got a good depth chart to easily get touches but if he can't do anything about that during the week, then its on him.

Advertisement
I like the tools Brown has but I've noticed some indecisiveness when he runs. To have any semblance of hope running behind this o line you can't hesitate at all hitting the hole. Gotta get north-south immediately. Knighton and Thad seem to have running styles more attributable to better outcomes vs a guy who likes to pick his spot with more patience like Brown. They could waiting to play Thad till Va Tech game to preserve the RS since he got burn vs Central Conn State.

I love the versatility Knighton brings, but the fanbase has a distorted view of him as a runner. He only averages 4.2 yards per carry on 122 career attempts. His size limits him between the tackles.

For comparison, the much-hated Cam Harris was at 5.8 this year and has never been below 5 in his career.
You don't think the fact that Harris had a 10 carry 100 yard game against Central Connecticut while Rooster was suspended has an effect on those numbers? I'm not a Cam hater like some of this board but Knighton has had a majority of his carries this year against top 20 run defenses NCSt and Pitt while Harris did a majority of his work against CCSU, App State and Virginia (126th rush defense).

I don't think Knighton needs to be on the field for 65+ plays either and I wish Cam or Don was still out there to split carries but Cody Brown seems to at least be a willing pass blocker in his limited reps. Right now, I will take the guy who doesn't get our only quarterback killed in pass protection. Especially since out offense has taken a big swing towards a pass-first attack.

And maybe I'm in the minority but I thought Brashard was faster and more elusive. I'm glad he's getting a chance at returning kickoffs (and I think he's on the punt team also) but I don't know that he needs to be playing ahead of any of the WRs in front of him.
I agree. I haven't seen anything that makes me think we should be giving Harley or Restrepo's reps to him. He had the one long play against Central Connecticut but I could have scored in that game. His kickoff returns leave much to be desired. I think he should just fair catch everything that doesn't go into the endzone rather than trying to return kicks and getting tackled at the 17. He's got plenty of time to make a name for himself and I still think he can be an explosive player for us but right now, I'm not taking productive players off the field for him.

Advertisement
Work ethic issue. A legit one, not coaches playing favorites. He is the most talented runner, IMO, so hopefully it clicks at Miami.
So is it a jump to say him being 238 isn’t muscle gain but from being lazy?

You don't think the fact that Harris had a 10 carry 100 yard game against Central Connecticut while Rooster was suspended has an effect on those numbers?
He had 14 for 111 the next week against UVA. And is at 5.3 for his career.

He had 14 for 111 the next week against UVA. And is at 5.3 for his career.
Are you insinuating that Harris was a better back than Rooster cause of his rush avg? I don't think it's even a question... Rooster is definitely a better runner than Harris. Harris might be better in pass protection, but it's clear that the Rooster is making plays and gains that Harris would have been stuffed for no gain or loss. Every week I (and probably many on this site) watch a Rooster run and after it's over you say to yourself, I'm glad that wasn't Harris back there.

Sorry if you have a soft spot for Harris, but he was not it. And he was probably our worst starting RB in over 20 years (although my memory is bad so there might be one in there somewhere in between Gore, Duke and DJ that I'm missin).

Advertisement
Some really poor takes in this thread. Give Cam Harris a good to very good line and he’s going to do damage. His vision and balance is underwhelming. Give him a hole in front of his face he’s going to house it, a lot.

Rooster is better with a mediocre line.

I think Thad is very talented and looked great in his limited reps (you can clearly see his potential). If he gets in top shape, he will be fantastic. I think he's more talented than Brown (and would provide good relief for Knighton). Hope Thad works hard in the weight room & in practice so we can see him more. He should get some PT against GT.

Advertisement
Any doubt he’s better than Brown at RB? I don’t know much about him, just Simply basing this assumption on the fact that Mandy has Brown playing instead of Thad.

The fact that Mandy doesn’t play him actually makes me believe he could be the next McGahee
Who else isn’t hurt 😂😂 I can think of two that Manny said are. 🤭

Some really poor takes in this thread. Give Cam Harris a good to very good line and he’s going to do damage. His vision and balance is underwhelming. Give him a hole in front of his face he’s going to house it, a lot.

Rooster is better with a mediocre line.
Why did Cam put up better numbers with our mediocre line?

I love Rooster and think he is a great multi-purpose weapon. But he hasn’t shown he is a lead runner yet.

Why does this work ethic issue keep popping up?!? I mean how is this not a coaching issue if it was the same ol song and dance with the receivers a couple years back and a stoner starting QB. now that we are slim pickings at RB, we have a guy not interested in the job?!?

Wtf culture we got going on in the locker room???
not the coaches fault he's lazy.

Is The Don 100 out for the entire season? Can he make it back for the ACC game (if we get that far) or a bowl game?

Advertisement
Back