Thad Franklin is not hurt

Why did Cam put up better numbers with our mediocre line?

I love Rooster and think he is a great multi-purpose weapon. But he hasn’t shown he is a lead runner yet.
Cam's average gets fairly heavily skewed by his long runs. Seems like we have way more 3 & outs with Cam as RB1 than we do with Knighton. Cam's average YPC is definitely helped by the long runs he rips off but he's often stopped for no gain.

The offense seems more dynamic with Knighton as RB1 and we're also winning more with Knighton as RB1.

Advertisement
I want to make a point about Knighton, but people will think I'm hating, here it goes. He's not that good of a runner yet, he gets tackled with ease, too many arm tackles get him down and often doesn't make guys miss on the hole or in condensed spaces.
Overall he has been a God send along with TVD for this offense, he's eletric, has improved over last year and I hope he continues with the increased touches, but he's still has ways to go as a runner. I hope Brown can show something this year and Franklin can come online, because we will need

Work ethic issue. A legit one, not coaches playing favorites. He is the most talented runner, IMO, so hopefully it clicks at Miami.
We have legit some of the best NFL running backs that came from THE U with all the talent in the world out of high school. Difference between them and the rest is THEY NEVER STOP WORKING!!! Why kids cannot see this first hand from this university is mind blowing.

We have legit some of the best NFL running backs that came from THE U with all the talent in the world out of high school. Difference between them and the rest is THEY NEVER STOP WORKING!!! Why kids cannot see this first hand from this university is mind blowing.
The majority of UMs Great RBs were coached by the best RB Coach UM has ever had (Soldinger) that certainly didn't hurt....

Yes, BUT .....

Big difference between guys who are mediocre practice players, and guys who don't want to practice.

It's the ;ack of dedication that keeps you them on the bench.
I've always said the easiest thing in the world to do is give effort. Nobody in life is successful because they showed a lack passion in the things they want so it's on Thad do you want to be great or do you want to be a wasted talent? It's simple because he's not a little boy he's a grown man in college

Advertisement
No reason he can't get a few carries a game. The coaches have proven they have no idea how to evaluate talent and i don't care if his work ethic isn't superb. Give him a few reps and let him know he'll get a lot more if he works harder. Maybe TRY to motivate him if he's the best runner.

Good coaches would figure this out, he's a very talented player.
Right, you don't care about his work ethic, but I bet you get ****ed when we hear that guys slack at practice and don't want to compete.

I've always said the easiest thing in the world to do is give effort. Nobody in life is successful because they showed a lack passion in the things they want so it's on Thad do you want to be great or do you want to be a wasted talent? It's simple because he's not a little boy he's a grown man in college
Yeah, I have no time for some kid who thinks he's hot s**t due to his talent. At some level that talent stops being impressive and some guy who works harder is going to take your job. I'm fine with this being that level.

We all don't believe in Manny, but at some point you all have to agree you have to prove a certain level of commitment to the program. Franklin is a beast but he hasnt decided he wants to be one yet. Disclaimer, I dont want to see the rooster on short yardage, ever

Advertisement
Dont know if yall notice but typically our 2nd string back gets under 10 carries a game.

Not sure why asking for the 3rd string to get some comes up.

Thad should take a shirt...who does need carries is Brashard Smith, and Xavier Restrepo in different ways to go along with what Cody Brown gets.

Advertisement
Cam's average gets fairly heavily skewed by his long runs. Seems like we have way more 3 & outs with Cam as RB1 than we do with Knighton. Cam's average YPC is definitely helped by the long runs he rips off but he's often stopped for no gain.

The offense seems more dynamic with Knighton as RB1 and we're also winning more with Knighton as RB1.
Lmao take out Knighton’s big plays and he’s at 2.1 yards per carry

Dont know if yall notice but typically our 2nd string back gets under 10 carries a game.

Not sure why asking for the 3rd string to get some comes up.

Thad should take a shirt...who does need carries is Brashard Smith, and Xavier Restrepo in different ways to go along with what Cody Brown gets.
I’m asking our 3rd string to get 8 out of Cody’s 10 carries

Why does this work ethic issue keep popping up?!? I mean how is this not a coaching issue if it was the same ol song and dance with the receivers a couple years back and a stoner starting QB. now that we are slim pickings at RB, we have a guy not interested in the job?!?

Wtf culture we got going on in the locker room???
It’s only popped with a few guys..you know what kind of culture we have?? A mediocre one. And that’s set by coaches but FOLLOWED THROUGH BY THE PLAYERS. It’s called caring about your craft. And being about winning. Not signing with Miami so you can dip after 3 years for a late draft spot or a UDFA spot..that’s the problem. It’s been a problem since 2006 to the present. And it’s something that is trying to be addressed

Advertisement
Culture isn’t built by anointing guys based on what they were in HS. Ask Randy Shannon about that

Advertisement
Back