Thad Franklin is not hurt

@puertorricane I'm just kidding fyi
fuck you half baked GIF

Screenshot_20211104-072904.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think he deserves some snaps, they are going to run Knighton into the ground with 60+ snaps a game. With that said he was not an early enrollee and a lot of people said he came in out of shape and did not have the work ethic of the other 2. Brown is apparently a workaholic and a gym rat, came in looking like a seasoned back and still likely would not have seen snaps with Cam and Don healthy.
he doesn't deserve snaps if he doesn't have a good work ethic and is out of shape (I assume was now?). but either way, you still have to earn your snaps. can't be guaranteed anything if you don't want to put in the work. the high school stars go out the door.

Some guys need a spark to get in line. It sounds backwards (and quite frankly is), but some people refuse to fall in line until they get a taste of real action. I don’t think you can build a healthy program by letting underclassmen threaten leaving without major PT, but scripted packages for the talented guys is likely the wave of the future.

No reason he can't get a few carries a game. The coaches have proven they have no idea how to evaluate talent and i don't care if his work ethic isn't superb. Give him a few reps and let him know he'll get a lot more if he works harder. Maybe TRY to motivate him if he's the best runner.

Good coaches would figure this out, he's a very talented player.
just bc hes talented doesn't mean he deserves snaps if hes lazy. you can't award snaps when there are other guys who are putting in the work just bc hes got talent. a lot to blame on this year w the staff, but this one is on the player. brown had zero issues getting on the field.

Advertisement
he doesn't deserve snaps if he doesn't have a good work ethic and is out of shape (I assume was now?). but either way, you still have to earn your snaps. can't be guaranteed anything if you don't want to put in the work. the high school stars go out the door.
He looks better than he did earlier in the season, slimmed down a lot, looked good against the cupcake schools. Kids these day are fragile. I am not saying he needs to be equal to Cody, but sometimes a snap here or there in a real game could motivate the kid. If we had a full stable of Don, Rooster, Cam, Cody and Thad? I am all for him sitting, but we don't and if we lose Knighton (possible, dude runs hard, never steps out of bounds, is playing 95% of the snaps, hurt his shoulder last year and was suspended this year) then he is guaranteed to be in the rotation and I would rather him have some true carries under his belt. It is more the circumstances now over 1/2 through the season as opposed to him legit earning them if that makes sense.

Advertisement
Work ethic issue. A legit one, not coaches playing favorites. He is the most talented runner, IMO, so hopefully it clicks at Miami.
Why does this work ethic issue keep popping up?!? I mean how is this not a coaching issue if it was the same ol song and dance with the receivers a couple years back and a stoner starting QB. now that we are slim pickings at RB, we have a guy not interested in the job?!?

Wtf culture we got going on in the locker room???

He looks better than he did earlier in the season, slimmed down a lot, looked good against the cupcake schools. Kids these day are fragile. I am not saying he needs to be equal to Cody, but sometimes a snap here or there in a real game could motivate the kid. If we had a full stable of Don, Rooster, Cam, Cody and Thad? I am all for him sitting, but we don't and if we lose Knighton (possible, dude runs hard, never steps out of bounds, is playing 95% of the snaps, hurt his shoulder last year and was suspended this year) then he is guaranteed to be in the rotation and I would rather him have some true carries under his belt. It is more the circumstances now over 1/2 through the season as opposed to him legit earning them if that makes sense.
Someone finally gets it

Work ethic issue. A legit one, not coaches playing favorites. He is the most talented runner, IMO, so hopefully it clicks at Miami.
This. He’s been a jag and it’s widely known in and outside of the building, but arm chair quarterbacks think he’s the second coming of Frank Gore. Let’s see if he gets his **** together.

Advertisement
No reason he can't get a few carries a game. The coaches have proven they have no idea how to evaluate talent and i don't care if his work ethic isn't superb. Give him a few reps and let him know he'll get a lot more if he works harder. Maybe TRY to motivate him if he's the best runner.

Good coaches would figure this out, he's a very talented player.
If sitting on the bench ans seeing your brothers play and succeed doesn't give you motivation to work hard and fulfill your dreams as a player then you dont deserve to play. I get it EVERYTHING is always the coaches fault but sometimes.......... The players have to man up

Had a feeling this may have been the case. His footballville interview last year made me walk away saying he doesn’t love football. As a rb that’s a big time problem.

Work ethic makes sense, because the little I’ve seen of him, he just looks different with the ball in his hands. Hopefully he gets it right, cuz he looks like he could be very good.

Advertisement
Why does this work ethic issue keep popping up?!? I mean how is this not a coaching issue if it was the same ol song and dance with the receivers a couple years back and a stoner starting QB. now that we are slim pickings at RB, we have a guy not interested in the job?!?

Wtf culture we got going on in the locker room???

to be fair, with the backs, Knighton cam don and brown didn't seem to have an issue. some kids believe in their hype and get a reality check when they enroll.

Without a doubt. He reminds me so much of Frank Gore but without the work-ethic.

He gets to that second level quickly with good pad-level & a low center of gravity.

He'll make people not want to tackle him and should be ahead of C. Brown; would be such a great compliment to Rooster.

Advertisement
Back