Thad Franklin is not hurt

Shannon will avoid paying a guy because of his college success though šŸ’€
Lol you talkin about the Hester interview with shay?..idk if Shannon was behind that or the DB coach..but **** he might be. Randy Shannon took the U off the helmets and the names off the back so Iā€™m not surprised if he did try Hester šŸ˜‚

Advertisement
Probably doesnā€™t understand how to pass protect 24 did fine from what I saw the last 2 games in pass pro

Work ethic issue. A legit one, not coaches playing favorites. He is the most talented runner, IMO, so hopefully it clicks at Miami.
A huge mystery, these kids given everything FREE and all they have to do is take advantage of it and train like no other and get a free degree than maybe go to the NFL.

No worries just pure free existence and thatā€™s an issue.

I have no understanding at all for this , if he canā€™t do this then .

Iā€™ll hire him to cut wire from 5:30 AM when I open the place till 6:30 PM for the rest of his life because heā€™s sensitive LOLOLOL.

I assure you Itā€™ll draw some poor me tears crying what have I done from him in (2) hours.

BEGGING TO GO BACKā€¦. NOT

Advertisement
Itā€™s only popped with a few guys..you know what kind of culture we have?? A mediocre one. And thatā€™s set by coaches but FOLLOWED THROUGH BY THE PLAYERS. Itā€™s called caring about your craft. And being about winning. Not signing with Miami so you can dip after 3 years for a late draft spot or a UDFA spot..thatā€™s the problem. Itā€™s been a problem since 2006 to the present. And itā€™s something that is trying to be addressed
I appreciate your optimism. I have little faith in anything Manny or Blake do. The success in the past two games was because Mandingo was forced to do what the fans have been calling for (playing your playersā€¦ not who u think is reliable). If anything, the past two games only solidifies the need for the ambiguously *** duo to GTFO!

But Iā€™m optimistic only because Cribby has given me hope that the deuce will be given the deuces at the end of the season (most likely). Hopefully we donā€™t f up the next hire tho!

Not loving the game as a QB, where film and preparation are 80% of the battle is concerning. Not loving the game as a skill player isnā€™t a deal breaker. The light comes on for plenty of guys when theyā€™re lining up against a different team. I guarantee you half of the guys in the NFL love the money, more than the game itself. Thatā€™s why so many guys drop off after that first big contract.

Im just tired of hearing about practice. As long as he isnā€™t missing or blatantly skipping drills or something, he is fine. We heard similar stories about GR15 and the freshman that are playing now. ā€œEarningā€ playing time during practice is the easiest excuse a coach can use. Its to the point now, that itā€™s hard to believe.
Terrell Owens has admitted many times that he never loved football. It was just his best option to make money.

He had 14 for 111 the next week against UVA. And is at 5.3 for his career.
Cam is decent. He has great size, is smart in pass blocking and is fast.

On the other hand, he doesnā€™t run with anticipation or decisiveness, and looks like a drag racing car accelerating in place before getting up to top speed.

Not to mention despite his size, Rooster actually runs harder.

Advertisement
You don't think the fact that Harris had a 10 carry 100 yard game against Central Connecticut while Rooster was suspended has an effect on those numbers? I'm not a Cam hater like some of this board but Knighton has had a majority of his carries this year against top 20 run defenses NCSt and Pitt while Harris did a majority of his work against CCSU, App State and Virginia (126th rush defense).

I don't think Knighton needs to be on the field for 65+ plays either and I wish Cam or Don was still out there to split carries but Cody Brown seems to at least be a willing pass blocker in his limited reps. Right now, I will take the guy who doesn't get our only quarterback killed in pass protection. Especially since out offense has taken a big swing towards a pass-first attack.
I haven't been the biggest Cam fan, but feel the need to defend him a bit here.

I'd say Cam didn't play NC St & Pitt, but he did play Alabama & Mich St. and Knighton didn't - so you can call that a wash.

Cam's ypc has been boosted by his long runs for sure - but it should be noted he hit long runs much more frequently than Knighton has. Knighton's hit a couple the last 2 games, and I'd expect him to do so more often now - but it took a long time/a good amount of carries for him to get there.

Knighton seems to be turning the corner & it looks like things starting to click for him, but overall Cam was probably the more "effective" runner at the time he got hurt.

Since almost all of Knighton's carries have been against ACC teams, here's a comparison of their career YPC vs ACC opponents

1636130603314.png

Not what I said at all
Maybe not, but wouldn't you? Don't you get annoyed when you hear former players talk about how the new guys aren't accountable or the coaches play favorites? That's what you're saying is ok. This kid (reportedly) doesn't work, but he should see the field because of pure talent. Isn't that part of what's wrong with Miami? For years, kids have been coming to Miami because they think it's all dancing and fun. And look what that produces on the field.

Work or GTFO.

Advertisement
Maybe not, but wouldn't you? Don't you get annoyed when you hear former players talk about how the new guys aren't accountable or the coaches play favorites? That's what you're saying is ok. This kid (reportedly) doesn't work, but he should see the field because of pure talent. Isn't that part of what's wrong with Miami? For years, kids have been coming to Miami because they think it's all dancing and fun. And look what that produces on the field.

Work or GTFO.
You're not wrong and yes, i agree. I was just saying severely limit the kids snaps as a way of incentivizing him instead of not playing him at all.

Part of this is also that i have no trust at all in what the coaches say or share. So if it gets out that he's lazy, i only put so much weight into that. I know that might sound extreme, but these coaches are weird and i don't trust them at all.

You're not wrong and yes, i agree. I was just saying severely limit the kids snaps as a way of incentivizing him instead of not playing him at all.

Part of this is also that i have no trust at all in what the coaches say or share. So if it gets out that he's lazy, i only put so much weight into that. I know that might sound extreme, but these coaches are weird and i don't trust them at all.

if hes lazy af and not in shape why does he deserve snaps over a kid that is putting in the work (it isn't like brown is a low 1 star dude, hes a four star that was ranked higher than Franklin by 247). plenty of stuff to get on the staff, I don't think this is one of them. we don't split carries equally among all our backs anyways. if brown gets 8-10 carries a game, why take it out of his carries for a kid hes outperforming

Some dudes are Greentree All Americans in practice, and some kids are better in actual games. Hate that coaches canā€™t see this
Players need to earn playing time.

That said, I would get Thad more experience this season as long as he doesnā€™t blow the ability to redshirt. Heā€™s talented, and I can see a benefit to redshirting him. No reason to burn his redshirt in these remaining games unless someone gets injured.

Advertisement
The majority of UMs Great RBs were coached by the best RB Coach UM has ever had (Soldinger) that certainly didn't hurt....
Who wasnā€™t going to give playing time to back who didnā€™t put in the work on catching the ball out of the backfield and pass protections.

Unlike Thad, or so I readā€¦..

Cam's average gets fairly heavily skewed by his long runs. Seems like we have way more 3 & outs with Cam as RB1 than we do with Knighton. Cam's average YPC is definitely helped by the long runs he rips off but he's often stopped for no gain.

The offense seems more dynamic with Knighton as RB1 and we're also winning more with Knighton as RB1.
Lol.

Once again, long runs are good. They're things that are a desirable trait in a running back. They result in TDs. They don't actually serve an argument that he's worse than others. Why am I actually having to explain this?

Lol.

Once again, long runs are good. They're things that are a desirable trait in a running back. They result in TDs. They don't actually serve an argument that he's worse than others. Why am I actually having to explain this?

Yeah, I don't get all this "well if you take out his long runs, his average isn't that good." LOL, that's not how it works. Do you take away all of Barry's long runs or how about short runs? Why can't we just ignore the no yard gains? etc etc

Advertisement
Back