Stephen Morris hurt lifting weights

Advertisement
lol dandy puts down "internet in the knows" then acts like one

hey at least he didn't ***** about attendance

Very curious to see Morris as the #1, have a feeling he's going to be impressive

I would have felt better with Streeter and Miller but yeah I am optimistic.

We need a deep threat and a receiving threat at TE. A plus for Morris is that he can make all the throws, I just don't know if he has anyone to throw it to.

Advertisement
I think if Steven Morris is the starter for the Miami Hurricanes at any point, we are in big trouble.

I think if Steven Morris is the starter for the Miami Hurricanes at any point, we are in big trouble.

Dont' know if I agree with this one. I feel good about the QB situation going into next season. It is good to see no annointed QB handed the job and a true competition going into next season.

If Golden/Fisch can turn Jacory into a productive QB in only 10 months, I can't wait to see what they can do with Morris after a year and a half...

I saw Stephen Morris coming down the stairs at Sunset Place from Splitsville on Friday night and he looked perfectly fine...just an FYI.

Advertisement

Disagree with you. Still confused why anyone who is that down on this guy. IMO he's showed a lot of physical skill that can be coached up by Fisch.

Disagree with you. Still confused why anyone who is that down on this guy. IMO he's showed a lot of physical skill that can be coached up by Fisch.

Not saying I totally agree with SF, but I can definitely see why someone could/would be down on Morris (or not very high on him). He's got a great arm and is athletic, but IMO, has shown a lack of touch & timing and has been slow with his decision-making. Will see how it works out. I'm just glad that there is going to be adequate competition at the position for the foreseeable future. Just having competition will reap dividends as far as QBs progressing, IMO.

Not saying I totally agree with SF, but I can definitely see why someone could/would be down on Morris (or not very high on him). He's got a great arm and is athletic, but IMO, has shown a lack of touch & timing and has been slow with his decision-making. Will see how it works out. I'm just glad that there is going to be adequate competition at the position for the foreseeable future. Just having competition will reap dividends as far as QBs progressing, IMO.

Agree.

Does it really matter if Morris is good or not, or who the QB will be, if the rest of the team will be bupkis the next two years?

Advertisement

This is how i feel as well. Outside of people falling in love with his above average arm strength I just don't see what some like so much about him. He just really doesn't seem to see the field very well.

This is how i feel as well. Outside of people falling in love with his above average arm strength I just don't see what some like so much about him. He just really doesn't seem to see the field very well.

My opinion as well. I would love to be proven wrong though...

Advertisement

I disagree with SFBay.

IMO, Jacory's play in his sophomore and junior season was worse than anything we've seen from Morris to date. If Fisch could turn him around, imagine what he can do with a more skilled and gifted athlete?

I disagree with SFBay.

IMO, Jacory's play in his sophomore and junior season was worse than anything we've seen from Morris to date. If Fisch could turn him around, imagine what he can do with a more skilled and gifted athlete?

Jacory's was mostly hurt his junior year but his best games were still better than Morris games... That being said, I think he will do well but I do believe people will see why Jacory was the better option this year... The kid made some plays for us and was under appreciated at times...

I disagree with SFBay.

Jacory showed a feel for the game as a freshman, and through his first few games as a sophomore, that Morris just hasn't, imo. Watching Jacory play as a freshman you got a feeling that he had that "it" factor, that he was going to be special (which made it more frustrating when he regressed, of course). I've never felt that way watching Morris.

That said, I hope Fisch is able to turn Morris into something special.

Most of his play was as a true Fr, don't you kind of expect that from True Fr QBs?

Advertisement
Back