Stephen Morris hurt lifting weights

Advertisement
This program has been snake-bit since the clock hit 00:00 at the end of regulation of the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.

Williams throws similarly to Jacory. His arm seemed a bit stronger to my eyes, but they are both touch passers.

24.jpg

Akili Smith had a huge arm too.... so did Dan Kendra. Not as important in the college game as decision making, smarts, instincts, toughness, etc.

Advertisement
Williams throws similarly to Jacory. His arm seemed a bit stronger to my eyes, but they are both touch passers.

24.jpg

Meh. This is not my greatest concern. Kellen Moore would have helped us. Andrew Dalton wasn't known for his arm strength.

Anticipation over arm strength.

I have no idea if Williams has that attribute.

Advertisement
As long Williams has the decision making of a ken Dorsey or kellen Moore. I wouldn't care if he had the arm of chad Pennington. Remember ken Dorsey did not have the strongest arm but he had great decision making. Just saying...

Jeez.

C'mon Dewey.

Step right up Crow.

Might as well get your feet wet.

We're about to throw you into water over your head.

Wow, just wow. I can't really think of anything else to say. I hope the freshmen are legit, and i hope Morris is ok.

Advertisement
Dude, that's actually a very dangerous and scary thing to have happen. Wonder what went wrong...lifters should know to bail, and how to drop the weights, at a sign of trouble especially if they have no spotter. And if it was a weight that was questionable as to whether he could safely do it, a spotter certainly should have been on him. By "knees gave out" do you mean that an injury happened to the knees? As in ruptured a tendon or something that would result in a sudden loss of power? That could explain it. Seems like a freak accident either way.

Can we just push Spring training into Summer and just go straight through into the season? I get the feeling spring ball is just gonna look like a flag football competition.

Dude, that's actually a very dangerous and scary thing to have happen. Wonder what went wrong...lifters should know to bail, and how to drop the weights, at a sign of trouble especially if they have no spotter. And if it was a weight that was questionable as to whether he could safely do it, a spotter certainly should have been on him. By "knees gave out" do you mean that an injury happened to the knees? As in ruptured a tendon or something that would result in a sudden loss of power? That could explain it. Seems like a freak accident either way.

Hard to bail with back squats ... that's why going heavy is such a beautiful thing. Either you win or lose real bad. Fight or flight is what I term it.

Advertisement

Hard to bail with back squats ... that's why going heavy is such a beautiful thing. Either you win or lose real bad. Fight or flight is what I term it.

Harder than front squats or overheads but really the only time you can't fairly easily get out and let the weight fall is at the bottom part of the lift. In any case like I said if there was any question whatsoever as to whether he could lift it or not, he should have had a capable spotter or should not have been attempting it.

Sure you should know when to bail.

Sure you should know not to drop a barbell on your neck.

**** happens though.

Advertisement
Back