Stacy Searles - OL

There has been some improvement in the OL play. Next year will be the tell if he is legit.

F*UCK Lunchmeat Tech!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can’t remember the last time we were a dominant rusholine..been years.

We always seem to have trouble gaining that 1-2 yds when we need a first down or a TD.I think he will get it fixed but it’s going to take a lot of time in the weight room before he does.

Darling has been not up to standard. Won't miss him at all. Get Scaife or Reed in there next year.

Age old problem on the Caneinsider the freshman coming in will do better than the upperclassman.99%
of the time will not happen.

Advertisement
We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

LOL

After I made that post, we came back and beat the crap out of Virginia Tech (with multiple NFL DL) and Notre Dame.
But when you exclude VT and the game on 11/11 from the body of work...
THats an odd thing to say.

OL is much like the rest of the squad. Plenty capable but wildly inconsistent.

We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

LOL

After I made that post, we came back and beat the crap out of Virginia Tech (with multiple NFL DL) and Notre Dame.

That’s accurate, when describing the rest of the squad. However, when looking at 3rd down conversions and runs for less than 3 yards Miami is one of the worst teams in the nation. That’s just not something that’s often said about a team that’s ranked #2 .

That’s accurate, when describing the rest of the squad. However, when looking at 3rd down conversions and runs for less than 3 yards Miami is one of the worst teams in the nation. That’s just not something that’s often said about a team that’s ranked #2 .
I agree. We’ve been plenty consistent at sucking on those critical spots.

McDermott is still good for a few unbelievably bad whiffs. The guards get pushed around. I don’t really think much of our line to be honest.

You watch us get beat up up front by Virginia but the PFF grades our OL highly and I can’t help but wonder if I’m out of my mind.

D is right though, not many good OLs around the country. Look what we did to NDs All World line.

I don’t care about the negs or downvotes. This OL sucks and I’m starting to look at the OL COACH!

Advertisement
Why is our OL still so soft in Year two? Is it coaching or recruiting or a mixture of the two? I know he’s still working with a lot of holdovers from the last regime but it’s year two and the OL has been garbage for two seasons!

It's a mixture of the OL coach and the dudes he coaches. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, Miami's current offensive line are SERIOUSLY carrying too much WEIGHT!! Ouch. In other words, each one of them needs to lose around ' 10 pounds ' of excess body fat! Pronto! dUh.

I agree. We’ve been plenty consistent at sucking on those critical spots.

McDermott is still good for a few unbelievably bad whiffs. The guards get pushed around. I don’t really think much of our line to be honest.

You watch us get beat up up front by Virginia but the PFF grades our OL highly and I can’t help but wonder if I’m out of my mind.

D is right though, not many good OLs around the country. Look what we did to NDs All World line.

I beg to disagree. If the Hurricanes had Wisconsin' offensive line, the Hurricanes would have won every game by ' 17 or more ' points!

The OL needs to learn how to be mean AF, they got to match the opposing DL intensity or they will get bullied
We need to go out EARLY and establish who the boss is... we done it twice this year... need more then that

Advertisement
The OL needs to learn how to be mean AF, they got to match the opposing DL intensity or they will get bullied
We need to go out EARLY and establish who the boss is... we done it twice this year... need more then that

Exactly....the entire offense needs get motivated outta the gates.... that's where coaching comes in....IMO

We are only a couple of seasons removed from this:

miami-hurricanes-football-caneshooter-photos-imagers-offensive-linemen.jpg

Run blocking is about wanting to pound the other guy to the ground. It's going to take a little while to get there.

Ugh.. don't remind me..

You know what is the worse thing about those pictures? the fact those ugly *** jersey has the words "Miami" on it.. so you can't even hide the fact Miami did this retarded *** photo shoot. Embarrassing.
looks like some add for some vacation site.

The OL yesterday had some inexplicable moments. Pitts DL is towards the bottom of those we faced this season, but in rewatching some of these plays, just terrible communication, technique and no effort on some of these plays. [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] will post his analysis, hopefully he can stomach it, but it will be absolutely damning on this OL's play.

I’ll be the first one to say the most questionable guy on the coaching staff is Stacy Searles. He’s been dogged everywhere he’s been.

Advertisement
Back