Stacy Searles - OL

I don’t care about the negs or downvotes. This OL sucks and I’m starting to look at the OL COACH!

I will always believe this. The best 5 assistant coaches have to be:

1. Strength and Conditioning - They spend probably more time with the players the the actual coaches do. Developing their speed and strength, developing their physically mentality, and is responsible for your teams overall physicality and conditioning in the 4th QTR.
2. DL Coach - You win championships in the trenches
3. OL Coach - You win championships in the trenches
4. DB Coach - With a good DL coach then you need guys who can cover.
5. ST Coach - Don't let the special teams lose you a game.

Advertisement
After I made that post, we came back and beat the crap out of Virginia Tech (with multiple NFL DL) and Notre Dame.
But when you exclude VT and the game on 11/11 from the body of work...
THats an odd thing to say.

OL is much like the rest of the squad. Plenty capable but wildly inconsistent.
That’s accurate, when describing the rest of the squad. However, when looking at 3rd down conversions and runs for less than 3 yards Miami is one of the worst teams in the nation. That’s just not something that’s often said about a team that’s ranked #2 .
I agree. We’ve been plenty consistent at sucking on those critical spots.

McDermott is still good for a few unbelievably bad whiffs. The guards get pushed around. I don’t really think much of our line to be honest.

You watch us get beat up up front by Virginia but the PFF grades our OL highly and I can’t help but wonder if I’m out of my mind.

D is right though, not many good OLs around the country. Look what we did to NDs All World line.
Run blocking (particularly short yardage) has been suspect most of the year but the OL had been fairly adequate in pass blocking through the first 8 games. Then UVA blew them up and Pitt did the same thing. I don’t know if it is a scheme thing or if guys are just worn down but our OL has completely regressed the last two weeks.

I’ll be the first one to say the most questionable guy on the coaching staff is Stacy Searles. He’s been dogged everywhere he’s been.

Hartley and little Richt are very questionable too

And I still don't see it with this S&C staff

The OL needs to learn how to be mean AF, they got to match the opposing DL intensity or they will get bullied
We need to go out EARLY and establish who the boss is... we done it twice this year... need more then that

Exactly....the entire offense needs get motivated outta the gates.... that's where coaching comes in....IMO

Either BE the bully or get Bullied

I think he's on notice

the only guys I see getting hungrier every game are the freshmen

Advertisement
Hartley and Searles should both be on notice. I think Hartley needs to go for sure. I don't know much about Searles' history but Georgia's offensive line looks to be completely different this year. Their O-line coach has turned it around in two years.

Darling has been not up to standard. Won't miss him at all. Get Scaife or Reed in there next year.

Honestly, I have never been impressed with him or with McDermott. They just have never lived up to the 5 star hype they had coming in.

I’ll be the first one to say the most questionable guy on the coaching staff is Stacy Searles. He’s been dogged everywhere he’s been.

Hartley and little Richt are very questionable too

And I still don't see it with this S&C staff
Hartley as a TE’s coach I have no problem with.

We probably do need a pure ST coach.

What Jon Richt has done with Rosier is a miracle in itself so you won’t see me complaining.

This.

Georgia said he was terrible
Texas said he was terrible
Even when we hired him VT fans were giving us that look we gave Houston fans when they hired Mark D'onofrio.

Jury still out but he has been a good recruiter but can he develop.

Advertisement
We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

DMoney, I have to disagree...we have an average - above average O Line in pass protection, but a very mediocre to below average in run blocking...no way around that, we get zero push upfront and make the rbs have to be Houdini to gain yards

Hartley and Searles should both be on notice. I think Hartley needs to go for sure. I don't know much about Searles' history but Georgia's offensive line looks to be completely different this year. Their O-line coach has turned it around in two years.

stop. Hartley had herndon and njoku take another step last year. he has no depth at TE and his returner options are limited to freshmen and berrios. how many big plays have we given up on st?

im not sure how i feel about searles but our upper classmen are soft. im interested in how gaynor, herbert, and vaughan develop in offseason.

We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

DMoney, I have to disagree...we have an average - above average O Line in pass protection, but a very mediocre to below average in run blocking...no way around that, we get zero push upfront and make the rbs have to be Houdini to gain yards

have you see how much rosier has been pressured against good DL's? how we get bullied in the run game? Rosier has been sacked less than kaaya because he can move better

I think adding another OL coach as the 10th would not be a bad idea. A lot of programs divide OL coaching duties. I believe Richt did this at UGA when Searles coaches there.

The three-deep in the OL has a lot of JAGs. The best players are the youngest. It will take another two recruiting classes to have the OL depth and competition you would expect. A high-end JUCO or two, or three, would be appreciated.

Player conditioning is exponentially better than two years ago. Strength takes longer.

Advertisement
Against Clemson, we need the UM line needs to play like they did against ND and VT. It's not coaching, it's not ability, it's get mean and get after it. The coaching and ability is present, did you miss the ND/VT games.

This.

Georgia said he was terrible
Texas said he was terrible
Even when we hired him VT fans were giving us that look we gave Houston fans when they hired Mark D'onofrio.

Jury still out but he has been a good recruiter but can he develop.
He definitely looks like he can recruit, but his coaching is pitiful.

Advertisement
1) Searels is bringing in better talent

2) Searels has made Kehoe's guys play better

What else do you want?

Stop it man. He sucks. His techniques suck.

Richt needs to move on.

NO ONE has been able to defend some of the lineman we played against on Saturday. Clemson has one of the best D-lines in the country and there is a reason why Wilkins is going to be a top 10 pick this year. We had a true freshman (who happens to be one our best lineman) go up against that. That alone tells you the state of things for us. OL is not a position you can play in immediately. It takes 2-3 years to see the best players perform at their true level. Searels hasn't even been here for that long and he's already made the same crappy talent perform better as well as recruit better at the position than we have for a while. In the meantime, he's having a TRUE Freshman playing against one of the nation's best DT and that freshman looks better than other much more experienced lineman on other teams.

You're the one that needs to move in if you think any of this stuff like having elite Oline is something that happens in 2 years.

1) Searels is bringing in better talent

2) Searels has made Kehoe's guys play better

What else do you want?

Stop it man. He sucks. His techniques suck.

Richt needs to move on.

NO ONE has been able to defend some of the lineman we played against on Saturday. Clemson has one of the best D-lines in the country and there is a reason why Wilkins is going to be a top 10 pick this year. We had a true freshman (who happens to be one our best lineman) go up against that. That alone tells you the state of things for us. OL is not a position you can play in immediately. It takes 2-3 years to see the best players perform at their true level. Searels hasn't even been here for that long and he's already made the same crappy talent perform better as well as recruit better at the position than we have for a while. In the meantime, he's having a TRUE Freshman playing against one of the nation's best DT and that freshman looks better than other much more experienced lineman on other teams.

You're the one that needs to move in if you think any of this stuff like having elite Oline is something that happens in 2 years.

Weve had enough talent on this team at the oline position. His coaching and techniques SUCK.

We can do better. I don't like the way our Oline communicates. They aren't coached that well, imo

Advertisement
Back