Stacy Searles - OL

Canezum5

Senior
Imo, he is a liability and showing to be the weakest of Richt's hires.

Im not seeing him take enough blame for the decline of the offensive line. Our players look lost on elementary Defensive lineman moves and that troubles me because they practice against a ton of different moves in practice everyday.

Where is the technique, the counter?

We may as well give coach Kool a raise and have him double as the oline coach because the shid is getting ridiculous.
Richt will have to make some decisions soon.

I dont like journeyman coaches that much... searels is looking like Randy Melvin 2.0

Advertisement
You're being dramatic. This line had a really low ceiling to begin with. List 5 quality OL coaches that have been with their team more than 5 years in college. 99% of coaches in college are journeymen. We'd be fine if we had real OT's and deeper than 7 spots. It'll be 2018 before this unit a strength again. Can't count on true freshmen OT's to be much more than serviceable.

Last edited:
They were already pretty bad. I would like to see what it looks like after this up and coming recruiting class.

Advertisement

Im not seeing him take enough blame for the decline of the offensive line.
Our players look lost on elementary Defensive lineman moves and that troubles me because they practice against a ton of different moves in practice everyday.

We may as well give coach Kool a raise and have him double as the oline coach because the shid is getting ridiculous.

I dont like journeyman coaches that much... searels is looking like Randy Melvin 2.0

Decline?

This was a bad unit, and they continue to be bad.

We need a significant talent upgrade there. Getting a proper LT would go a long way toward fixing the line.

What does he have to work with?

Bunch of Kehoe specials

That's not entirely true.

Darling was a National recruit.
McDermott was a National recruit.
Isidora was a National recruit.
Linder was a highly regarded South FL kid.
St. Louis was a National recruit.

So.....he's got plenty to work with from a raw materials perspective.

Maybe they suck and where incorrectly scouted by a bunch of schools -- but I don't think so.

More likely that they're miscast at their current positions, but either way there is some talent there.

He is starting to look a little suspect.

[video=youtube_share;SLSZuI3Grjo]http://youtu.be/SLSZuI3Grjo[/video]

Advertisement
Man one weak link on an OL can make the whole unit look like trash. We have something like 3 weak links at any given time.

Pour one out for another NAMED THREAD.

Im not seeing him take enough blame for the decline of the offensive line. Our players look lost on elementary Defensive lineman moves and that troubles me because they practice against a ton of different moves in practice everyday.

Drama king

Advertisement
We have 4 guards and a center playing out there. .. let that marinate

This no true tackle on the team. It's not a coincidence McDermott moves inside and he actually looks like he belongs at Miami. Darling is another that should be inside.

Would it be better to kick KC out to left tackle and Darling to left guard? I feel KC gives us a better chance at left tackle with the 5 we have playing.

Advertisement
How can u say he sucks or anyone when that was the weakest position on the team......what can he possible teach them that art didnt? Push harder ? Like i dont get it that unit was buns sauce and we all knew it.....OL RB and DB we (well most of us) recruited bad for years........people measured the units after 3 bumb squads.....after game one of fau i knew this OL was garbage.....a white midget beat our ol for a sack that game n we got no push. Bill Parcells cant improve this OL we need different players they r maxed out

Half of you commenting have been the same people that are asking why this same group is regressing as compared to last year.

It aint Richt's playcalling like some of you dumb fuqs suggest.

Searels is suspect.

Man one weak link on an OL can make the whole unit look like trash. We have something like 3 weak links at any given time.

Pour one out for another NAMED THREAD.

This is the most worthy name thread.

I don't know if you're watching the trench war but its deeper than just " one weak link"

After Game 4: Love Searels and the attitude he brings. Guy just gets it. Coached at Texas. Great hire

After Game 6: Guy is a corch. Gets fired from every program he works at. Weakest hire Richt made...

Our fans

Advertisement
Back