Stacy Searles - OL

Imo, he is a liability and showing to be the weakest of Richt's hires.

Im not seeing him take enough blame for the decline of the offensive line. Our players look lost on elementary Defensive lineman moves and that troubles me because they practice against a ton of different moves in practice everyday.

Where is the technique, the counter?

We may as well give coach Kool a raise and have him double as the oline coach because the shid is getting ridiculous.
Richt will have to make some decisions soon.

I dont like journeyman coaches that much... searels is looking like Randy Melvin 2.0

Right, but everyone knew that coming into the season and we could have won both games we lost if WRs simply held the ball or Brad hit throws he has hit for the last 2 years. The poor O-line is a talent fix, not a mental one..

There needs to be better player leadership on the offensive side of the ball. We look lifeless and I would love to see other guys in there making plays. Bring on Gus and whomever else.

Advertisement
So he's supposed to make our trash offensive line with no talent all of a sudden be elite?

Smh first ppl hate on Diaz, then Rumph, then people hate on Jon richt, then Dugans, now Searles

They just want a new coaching staff every game till one sticks out as perfect, with never a loss again. All the while, the world should hold their breath...

I don't think they're being taught proper technique.

Such as? Any examples?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR4QKqanys

Both of our Tackles getting beat with the same move. I know they aren't true left tackles but it doesn't even look like we are trying to coach it differently.

How about we try to step into the defenders and not just punch. What our tackles are doing aint working...

Sadly, Bud Foster knows Searels all too well and may have a field day exposing his teachings!!

That's not entirely true.

Darling was a National recruit.
McDermott was a National recruit.
Isidora was a National recruit.
Linder was a highly regarded South FL kid.
St. Louis was a National recruit.

So.....he's got plenty to work with from a raw materials perspective.

Maybe they suck and where incorrectly scouted by a bunch of schools -- but I don't think so.

More likely that they're miscast at their current positions, but either way there is some talent there.

Kehoe got more out of them than Searels is.

Pass rush was a problem but never this much of a problem.

Its scary af everytime Kaaya drops back in the 2 minute drill.

Our last second drives were gashed in the same way two weeks in a row.

It's a technique issue.

It's not a technique issue it's simple math

Demarcus Walker > Darling + Kayaa lack of awareness/mobility = Sack Fumble.

A top 3 round DE will win that battle at a high rate.

So how do you explain UNC DE using the exact same move in the exact same scenario, the following week?

No development

Some guards can't be taught to be tackles. It was obvious last year. It's obvious this year. Darling is an OG and Sonny is average. I don't know why you convinced yourself they were going to be light years better.

I agree and get this but **** we going to get beat by every swim move we see this season?

Coaches gotta be able to mask deficiencies or at least show attempt at improvement.

So he's supposed to make our trash offensive line with no talent all of a sudden be elite?

Smh first ppl hate on Diaz, then Rumph, then people hate on Jon richt, then Dugans, now Searles

They just want a new coaching staff every game till one sticks out as perfect, with never a loss again. All the while, the world should hold their breath...

Check my post history. Don't group me in with the knee-jerk clowns.

Advertisement

Such as? Any examples?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR4QKqanys

Both of our Tackles getting beat with the same move. I know they aren't true left tackles but it doesn't even look like we are trying to coach it differently.

How about we try to step into the defenders and not just punch. What our tackles are doing aint working...

Sadly, Bud Foster knows Searels all too well and may have a field day exposing his teachings!!

Darling is slow. He just doesn't have the feet.

Like i told the other guy.

I've never made a post in condemnation of any of them.

Searels group looks really bad. Worse than last year, imo.

Dlines are making it look waaaay to easy this year.
Hey man I'm not blasting you in particular, just was noting how funny it is to see a new thread about another coach. I wasn't implying you were going after other coaches before, just was implying the board in general has

Like i told the other guy.

I've never made a post in condemnation of any of them.

Searels group looks really bad. Worse than last year, imo.

Dlines are making it look waaaay to easy this year.
Hey man I'm not blasting you in particular, just was noting how funny it is to see a new thread about another coach. I wasn't implying you were going after other coaches before, just was implying the board in general has

I know, and I hate to do it as i don't believe much of the critique is warranted.

I just think this is something we should really be paying attention too going forward.

Advertisement
What does he have to work with?

Bunch of Kehoe specials

Not Kehoe specials - after watching some of that crap where D'Onofrio and the other coaches were evaluating recruits - D'Onofrio and Golden were the problem - not Kehoe.

Not saying Kehoe couldn't have done better - but we've all seen some of the inexplicable misses on both the offensive and defensive lines from the offensive and defensive direction Golden and D'Onofrio demanded.

Kehoe is UM all the way. Is, was, and forever will be. No need to be a dipschitt about it.

Bunch of Kehoe specials

Maybe they suck and where incorrectly scouted by a bunch of schools -- but I don't think so.

More likely that they're miscast at their current positions, but either way there is some talent there.

It's a technique issue.

Wasnt this bad? Kaaya got knock the **** out on a 3 man rush last year. They got no push in the run game. Fau d-line was giving them a hard time. Cincy d-line dominated them. What the **** were you watching?

I agree. TBH, both tackles are slow. Both players came out of their stances quick enough to step into a nice punch block but decided to wait and got beat with swim moves.

Untitled.jpg

You can't tell me that both players aren't in good position to make a decent block. No one is thinking this play ends in a sack from this still.

But when the technique is displayed/excercised

Untitled.jpg

Sugar turns to shid...

Advertisement

Bunch of Kehoe specials

Correct.

Pretty big coincidence that all these highly rated recruits mysteriously suck. We used to hear the same thing about our defensive players for the previous 4 years.

Also a pretty big issue that the same offense looked much better last year with the same guys and reviled coaches.

Decline? This line was already **** stains before he took over.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Bunch of Kehoe specials

Correct.

Pretty big coincidence that all these highly rated recruits mysteriously suck. We used to hear the same thing about our defensive players for the previous 4 years.

Also a pretty big issue that the same offense looked much better last year with the same guys and reviled coaches.

Offense looked better but the o-line was still horrible. They played primarily out of shotgun last year which helped. In shotgun you dont have to drop back so that allowed kaaya to get the snap and make a decision quicker.

I'm not sure what the video proves. He said the OL needs to play better as a unit, and everybody, coaches included, needs to improve.

Is he wrong?

Bunch of Kehoe specials

It's a technique issue.

Wasnt this bad? Kaaya got knock the **** out on a 3 man rush last year. They got no push in the run game. Fau d-line was giving them a hard time. Cincy d-line dominated them. What the **** were you watching?

It was actually a 2 man rush:
2man.0.gifbabyface.png

Bunch of Kehoe specials

Correct.

McDermott and Linder are fine inside. Isidora hasn't really been the same since his foot injury, but he's not a complete liability. The problem is the tackles. Darling is a guard who's been forced to play tackle. I think St. Louis still has potential. He's a only a redshirt freshman, and he held up pretty well against UNC. And there's very little depth. Loftus, Knighton, Mahoney, Jones, and Gall aren't really P5 caliber players.

Advertisement
Back