Stacy Searles - OL

Mentioned as potential candidate for Texas A&M OL job

"Stacey Searles knows the Texas recruiting landscape as he was on Mack Brown’s last staff at Texas. He’s currently at Miami reportedly making $250,000 and has helped the Hurricanes to a top ten ranking. He coached the offensive line under Fisher at LSU from 2003 to 2006."

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Whos-joining-Jimbo-Fisher-at-AM-111854099

I'd be fine with this. Your 5 best position coaches need to be:

OL - Offense ain't going no where with no blocking. Gotta recruit and develop.
DL - Defense ain't going no where with poor D-line play. Gotta recruit and develop. You saw them Al Golden years.
DB - What good is a DL if your DB can't cover worth a lick? Gotta recruit and develop.
LB - LB usually has the most responsibility on a defense so they better know how to do their jobs and play fast but discipline ball. Gotta recruit and develop.
S&C - Their about as important has the HC. Responsible for the physicality of the team (along with the players). As technology gets better and better on how to develop your body for football your S&C better be up to date and about to produce a faster and more physical. Gotta develop mentality and physicality.

Your OL, DL and S&C better be in your top 3 if your trying to win a championship.

Advertisement
It takes at least 2 to 3 years to build an offense of line if you blocks to do it. When Searles started we had neither the building blocks, Players who had been properly coached nor had been properly weight trained. I think what he has done so far with what he started with is nothing short of miraculous. Unfortunately, too many of you have no idea what you’re talking about and look only at statistics rather than what goes in to actually believe an offensive line. Even Donaldson should not have started this year, he really needed another year but we were forced to use him as there was no one else.

For those that don't know...these are the numbers.

Sacks given up

Stacy Searls
2017: 22 thus far
2016: 25 - Miami
2015: 34 - VTech
2014: 34 - VTech
2013: 16 - Texas
2012: 16 - Texas
2011: 28 - Texas

Miami:
2015: 19 - Kehoe
2014: 21 - Kehoe
2013: 17 - Kehoe
2012: 18 - Kehoe
2011: 19 - Kehoe

What about the rushing numbers? I think this line has done a decent job pass blocking, it's the run blocking that's an abomination

What's up Scub!

I am going to dig into the numbers today and see where they ranked rushing wise.

Rushing offense rank and ypg.

Stacy Searls
2017: 66th 164.7 ypg
2016: 93 – Miami: 151.8
2015: 81 – Vtech: 159.2
2014: 86 – Vtech: 147.9
2013: 36 – Texas: 196.2
2012: 53 – Texas: 171.46
2011: 21st – Texas: 202.62
2010: 73rd – UGA: 142.62

If you don't think the OL play improved from last year, you clearly weren't watching the games.

Secondly, I just don't think we are that talented along the OL. And even when we do bring in enough talent, OLineman usually take a couple years to groom before they are ready to play. OL is not like RB where you can easily play at a high level immediately. Like seriously do you guys not realize Corey Gaynor was getting heavy PT at Guard. Like come on, our talent level is clearly lacking. Searles and the QB coach have the toughest job on the entire ****ing team, and yall acting like Searles is just some bum. I think he's done pretty **** solid this year. It wont be until 2019 that this OL should be operating at a high level, sorry to break the news to yall.

It's true. To see Corey Gaynor play as much and as well as he did was remarkable. The guy is a true Freshman 3 star lineman. I saw him in person. He did not strike me as a giant.

Advertisement
Stacy is an outstanding recruiter and an average OL coach. He'll do fine with great talent but will struggle with lesser talent.

It won't take until 2019 for the OL to play better. We need more talent and Searles needs to do a better job getting our guys prepared. For instance, the multiple false start penalties to start the ACC Championship game were not acceptable. And yes, at the end of the day the coach is held accountable for the play of his unit and who is on that unit.

If this is the case, why not look at a JUCO to bridge the gap?

Stacy Searls

He was at Texas in the downfall of Mack Brown when he was getting fired, at VT in the downfall of Frank Beamer, and now Miami where he inherited one of the worst lines in P5 football and made them a respectable unit in the ACC one season to the next. He's also recruiting as good or better than any OL coach in the country. Not one part of me wants him to be let go. It'd be a huge mistake.

We're 2 years removed from the ghey pics at media day.. Searles would **** a brick if that happened. We're not talented enough to have battles for positions on the OL yet, the positions are handed out because we have no one else ready to compete. We're getting back to that point. If he can take this OL to the next level after losing McDermott he'll have earned every bit of his salary. Gonna be a tough task.. hopefully Herbert is ready or St Louis can make the move.

Advertisement
Mentioned as potential candidate for Texas A&M OL job

"Stacey Searles knows the Texas recruiting landscape as he was on Mack Brown’s last staff at Texas. He’s currently at Miami reportedly making $250,000 and has helped the Hurricanes to a top ten ranking. He coached the offensive line under Fisher at LSU from 2003 to 2006."

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Whos-joining-Jimbo-Fisher-at-AM-111854099

Perhaps it's best SS bolts on Miami.:puzzled: Then Miami could POSSIBLY bring back Stoutland and all that. hUh.

Stacy Searls

He was at Texas in the downfall of Mack Brown when he was getting fired, at VT in the downfall of Frank Beamer, and now Miami where he inherited one of the worst lines in P5 football and made them a respectable unit in the ACC one season to the next. He's also recruiting as good or better than any OL coach in the country. Not one part of me wants him to be let go. It'd be a huge mistake.

We're 2 years removed from the ghey pics at media day.. Searles would **** a brick if that happened. We're not talented enough to have battles for positions on the OL yet, the positions are handed out because we have no one else ready to compete. We're getting back to that point. If he can take this OL to the next level after losing McDermott he'll have earned every bit of his salary. Gonna be a tough task.. hopefully Herbert is ready or St Louis can make the move.

I don't know about the recruiting angle. Where's some of those FIVE-STAR and upper-echelon FOUR-STAR recruits. Miami needs some NASTY offensive line dude. That way the OL won't look so ' offensive ' against the likes of lowly Pittsburgh and mighty Clemson.

Stacy Searls

I don't know about the recruiting angle. Where's some of those FIVE-STAR and upper-echelon FOUR-STAR recruits. Miami needs some NASTY offensive line dude. That way the OL won't look so ' offensive ' against the likes of lowly Pittsburgh and mighty Clemson.

Donaldson, Herbert, Scaife, and Reed. Scaife could be the best guard in this years class in my opinion. Top 3 without a doubt. Staff doesn’t pay attention to stars my friend

It won't take until 2019 for the OL to play better. We need more talent and Searles needs to do a better job getting our guys prepared. For instance, the multiple false start penalties to start the ACC Championship game were not acceptable. And yes, at the end of the day the coach is held accountable for the play of his unit and who is on that unit.

If this is the case, why not look at a JUCO to bridge the gap?

Pete hasn't mentioned JUCO that I'm aware of, which doesn't mean that the coaches aren't looking, but if they aren't looking JUCO then we have to assume they really like the young guys we have. I think Donaldson is going to be dominant before he leaves, and I love Gaynor.

Advertisement
Not one fan base has liked Searels after he left. He’s the Jethro of offensive line.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

Wants your take on qb?

Searles needs to get this line’s act together or else we need to do something.

Advertisement
Back