Stacy Searles - OL

Two new starters , youth and the offense always gets owned by the d in spring. Not sure what you were expecting.

D is pretty basic , see ball , tackle ball. Offense is all timing ,reps continuity. The d will always run spring.

Let’s worry about the ol in the fall.

Advertisement
Whelp not every coach can be A+ across the board

If the oline struggles again I hope Richt quietly pokes around for interested candidates

Advertisement
The O Line was terrible the last three games of the year, especially bad against Wisconsin.

If Searles did not get the job done last year, why would he get the job done this year?

The O Line was terrible the last three games of the year, especially bad against Wisconsin.

If Searles did not get the job done last year, why would he get the job done this year?
Yeah. No reason at all to suspect that the underclassmen he had last season might have a chance to get better with another year with the S&C staff and in the coaches room...

Imo, he is a liability and showing to be the weakest of Richt's hires.

Im not seeing him take enough blame for the decline of the offensive line. Our players look lost on elementary Defensive lineman moves and that troubles me because they practice against a ton of different moves in practice everyday.

Where is the technique, the counter?

We may as well give coach Kool a raise and have him double as the oline coach because the shid is getting ridiculous.
Richt will have to make some decisions soon.

I dont like journeyman coaches that much... searels is looking like Randy Melvin 2.0
You have got to be the worst porster on this board. I've seen some ****ed up hot takes in my day, and I've laughed at many a overreaction, but this right here takes the cake. This is even worse than you anointing Kosi Da Gawd after he juked our 3rd string SAM.

Stacey Searels was hired on January 2nd 2016. That's like 39 minutes before NSD. And before our 7th game of the 2016 season you're already trying to saddle him with "the decline of the offensive line," like he's been a pillar of the organization for 30 **** years.

And now you're going to bump this stupid *** thread by replying to a guy who told you 2 years ago this thread is stupid. Our O-line has improve each year Searels has been here. I might be the biggest O-line critic who isn't paddling a douche canoe, and I don't think we're where we need to be to be nitpicking the difference between 54% and 56% QB accuracy, but we are moving in the right direction.

Advertisement
You have got to be the worst porster on this board. I've seen some ****ed up hot takes in my day, and I've laughed at many a overreaction, but this right here takes the cake. This is even worse than you anointing Kosi Da Gawd after he juked our 3rd string SAM.

Stacey Searels was hired on January 2nd 2016. That's like 39 minutes before NSD. And before our 7th game of the 2016 season you're already trying to saddle him with "the decline of the offensive line," like he's been a pillar of the organization for 30 **** years.

And now you're going to bump this stupid *** thread by replying to a guy who told you 2 years ago this thread is stupid. Our O-line has improve each year Searels has been here. I might be the biggest O-line critic who isn't paddling a douche canoe, and I don't think we're where we need to be to be nitpicking the difference between 54% and 56% QB accuracy, but we are moving in the right direction.

yawn. i dont really care about your drivel. i never anointed Nkosi. no post i have has. all i said was that he has great agility and pocket awareness. thats clearly shown up in plays in practice and yesterday in the spring game.

its one atrribute. i didnt annoint anyone. you went off the deep end, as usual.

The tackles have struggled. he doesnt teach good pass pro technique, imo.

nothing in his work has shown he can. improvement my ***. he sucks.

dont care what you think.

No one on this staff is coaching or recruiting for their jobs. That’s a ridiculous statement and anyone who says it is an ignorant fool.

There’s less than a handful of “impact” offensive linemen in any cycle. You don’t turn around an o-line in one or two classes.

No one on this staff is coaching or recruiting for their jobs. That’s a ridiculous statement and anyone who says it is an ignorant fool.

There’s less than a handful of “impact” offensive linemen in any cycle. You don’t turn around an o-line in one or two classes.
This ******* was blaming Searels for not taking the Golden Girls and turning them into world beaters. Searels was hired less than one month before the 2016 class signed LOI's. He had absolutely no input what-so-ever on O-line recruiting before the 2017 class and even then O-linemen rarely come in with enough strength and the proper technique to make any impact. 2018 will be the very first year that you can even begin to judge Searels's O-line coaching ability.
Golden Girls.jpg

Advertisement
I think Searles should have been fired after last year. With that being said, Kehoe was the worst recruiter on Golden's staff and the o line talent Searles inherited was pretty bad. Searles sure as **** better be fired if the o line isn't much better this year than it was the last 2.

I think Searles should have been fired after last year. With that being said, Kehoe was the worst recruiter on Golden's staff and the o line talent Searles inherited was pretty bad. Searles sure as **** better be fired if the o line isn't much better this year than it was the last 2.

Me too. Hes pass pro techniques are weak AF.

Searles should have been fired after last year. I was already unhappy with him after 2016, and I was completely done with him after 2017. Especially the last 3 games.

If the OL doesn't dramatically improve this year and Richt still doesn't fire Searles, the AD needs to fire Searles for him. Not 100% sure if the AD is allowed to fire an assistant coach but they should do it anyway.

Advertisement
Searles is a man blocking coach, whose best success came 15 years ago on a ball control team with an insane defense with Nick Steroid as the HC.

Every fan base since that has hated the guy.

Searles is a man blocking coach, whose best success came 15 years ago on a ball control team with an insane defense with Nick Steroid as the HC.

Every fan base since that has hated the guy.

Our Oline regressed when he got here.

I think his methods are outdated. Guys want to make the talent excuse but he was handed over a bunch of four stars too.

He has had no answer for opposing Dlines and has rarely neutralized or hid our weaknesses. Took him half a season to get the right group in the game his first year.

His pass blocking techniques for tackles are deplorable, imo.

Worst coach on the staff.

I really don't know if Seales methods are outdated or what. But his methods aren't working.

The oline was bad under Kehoe, and it's been no better to worse under Searles.

And if the spring game is any indication, the oline will be worse than ever this year.

Searles should have been fired after last year. I was already unhappy with him after 2016, and I was completely done with him after 2017. Especially the last 3 games.

If the OL doesn't dramatically improve this year and Richt still doesn't fire Searles, the AD needs to fire Searles for him. Not 100% sure if the AD is allowed to fire an assistant coach but they should do it anyway.

I’ll give Searels the 2018 season before I make up my mind about him.

2016, he had absolutely nothing to work with. Our OL was not P5 caliber at all. 2017, they were young for the most part - took a step forward but really regressed down the stretch. Way too many 3 and outs and no holes for the run game.

2018, our OL is still the weakest unit of the team, but they better not collapse like they did in 2017.

Searels definitely needs to show me something next season.

Advertisement
Back