Stacy Searles - OL

Advertisement
In terms of offensive linemen, I actually agree with this.
Oh ****...

the end.gif

Imo, he is a liability and showing to be the weakest of Richt's hires.

Im not seeing him take enough blame for the decline of the offensive line. Our players look lost on elementary Defensive lineman moves and that troubles me because they practice against a ton of different moves in practice everyday.

Where is the technique, the counter?

We may as well give coach Kool a raise and have him double as the oline coach because the shid is getting ridiculous.
Richt will have to make some decisions soon.

I dont like journeyman coaches that much... searels is looking like Randy Melvin 2.0
im gonna bump this **** every Monday

Advertisement
the absolute worst hire on the staff at a vital position
Yeap & the thing is..he left Richt at UGA & went to Texas where he stunk it up.

His year at vetch before coming here was trash also & we hire this guy.

He absolutely SUCKS

I started this thread, don’t know why tf it’s listed under someone else name but I’ll bump it anyway!!

He was at Texas in the downfall of Mack Brown when he was getting fired, at VT in the downfall of Frank Beamer, and now Miami where he inherited one of the worst lines in P5 football and made them a respectable unit in the ACC one season to the next. He's also recruiting as good or better than any OL coach in the country. Not one part of me wants him to be let go. It'd be a huge mistake.

We're 2 years removed from the ghey pics at media day.. Searles would **** a brick if that happened. We're not talented enough to have battles for positions on the OL yet, the positions are handed out because we have no one else ready to compete. We're getting back to that point. If he can take this OL to the next level after losing McDermott he'll have earned every bit of his salary. Gonna be a tough task.. hopefully Herbert is ready or St Louis can make the move.

You still believe this BS?

You still believe this BS?

Every bit of that post was true. He wasn't able to take it to the next level and St. Louis wasn't ready for the challenge of LT and same with Herbert. The only players on the roster that are his recruits are freshman, RS freshman, and true sophomores. That first recruiting class was a lost cause with only Tre Johnson who is gone.

Next year, as much as I'm sick of saying next year for this program, is the time to see improvement or get out. He's recruited at a very good level that we haven't seen at Miami in over a decade on the OL. I can't blame him for Mahoney getting launched by a 6'2 220 OLB or Donaldson being so fat he can't bend or move his feet to make a block on an edge rusher or that Herbert stays hurt since he's gotten here. Next year will be his dudes across the board. Scaife, Boulware, Gaynor, Donaldson, Hillery, Herbert, etc and I'm sure Mahoney will still factor in there.

Advertisement
Every bit of that post was true. He wasn't able to take it to the next level and St. Louis wasn't ready for the challenge of LT and same with Herbert. The only players on the roster that are his recruits are freshman, RS freshman, and true sophomores. That first recruiting class was a lost cause with only Tre Johnson who is gone.

Next year, as much as I'm sick of saying next year for this program, is the time to see improvement or get out. He's recruited at a very good level that we haven't seen at Miami in over a decade on the OL. I can't blame him for Mahoney getting launched by a 6'2 220 OLB or Donaldson being so fat he can't bend or move his feet to make a block on an edge rusher or that Herbert stays hurt since he's gotten here. Next year will be his dudes across the board. Scaife, Boulware, Gaynor, Donaldson, Hillery, Herbert, etc and I'm sure Mahoney will still factor in there.

Sacks Given up
Stacy Searls

2018: 16 (72nd in the country)
2017: 29
2016: 25 - Miami
2015: 34 - VTech
2014: 34 - VTech
2013: 16 - Texas
2012: 16 - Texas
2011: 28 - Texas

Kehoe
2015: 19
2014: 21
2013: 17
2012: 18
2011: 19

TFL Allowed
Searles

2018: 40 (52nd in the country)
2017: 65
2016: 73
2015: 82 - VTech
2014: 86 - VTech
2013: 82 - Texas (89th in the country)
2012: 52 - Texas (6th in the country)
2011: 77 - Texas (72nd in the country)

Kehoe
2015: 57 (8th in the country)
2014: 60 (18th in the country)
2013: 65 (13th in the country)
2012: 56 (12th in the country)
2011: 59 (18th in the country)

He had a year to get Herbert ready and St.Louis is serviceable at best...his coaching that allowed this.

How can we separate the 2...from the center to the right side of the OL should've remained the same. Start herbert or Scaife at LT and make sure we protect the new LT with a back or TE to help block and allow the former 4 star SEC UT transfer to start at LG.

Had we done that imho...the OL would be much better and next year's line would be ready to go with 3 starters returning.

This is all on him. He's trash bro.

Can he make chicken salad out of this in 2019?

Tackle: Scaife, Campbell, Herbert, Hillery, Brown, Tarquin

Guard: Donaldson, Reed, Boulware, Mahoney, Dykstra, Eguakun

Center: Gaynor, Milo

Advertisement
Sacks Given up
Stacy Searls

Kehoe

TFL Allowed
Searles

Kehoe

This is damming.

Sacks Given up
Stacy Searls

Kehoe

TFL Allowed
Searles

Kehoe

Wow...nail in the coffin

Correct.

Pretty big coincidence that all these highly rated recruits mysteriously suck. We used to hear the same thing about our defensive players for the previous 4 years.

Also a pretty big issue that the same offense looked much better last year with the same guys and reviled coaches.

right

Advertisement
Can he make chicken salad out of this in 2019?

Tackle: Scaife, Campbell, Herbert, Hillery, Brown, Tarquin

Guard: Donaldson, Reed, Boulware, Mahoney, Dykstra, Eguakun

Center: Gaynor, Milo

Hillery appears to be a guard. I think they had him at guard when he played

He had a year to get Herbert ready and St.Louis is serviceable at best...his coaching that allowed this.

How can we separate the 2...from the center to the right side of the OL should've remained the same. Start herbert or Scaife at LT and make sure we protect the new LT with a back or TE to help block and allow the former 4 star SEC UT transfer to start at LG.

Had we done that imho...the OL would be much better and next year's line would be ready to go with 3 starters returning.

This is all on him. He's trash bro.

How is he supposed to get Herbert ready when he's injured?

I'm not saying Searles is coaching well because I'm sure we could find someone that makes this unit serviceable. But his recruits are still young and have been injured. I can't 100% point the blame on him. The scheme does him and his unit no favors at all.

He's recruited well and got players that are Miami caliber in here, unlike Kehoe who brought in Mahoney, Milo, Gauthier, Jahair Jones, and Loftus.

After next year, there are no excuses because the talent is where it needs to be and Scaife will be a serviceable LT, at the very worst and he could actually be a very good LT. He will also return Donaldson, hopefully he plays nothing but guard and the tackle experiment is over. Gaynor will fill right in at C, Boulware at LG, and he'll have guys who have been here 3+ years competing for other spots.

If we can replace him with someone better I'm all for it this off season. But if we're gonna get someone who can't recruit or isn't a good enough coach to cover Richt's play calling flaws... whats the point?

How is he supposed to get Herbert ready when he's injured?

I'm not saying Searles is coaching well because I'm sure we could find someone that makes this unit serviceable. But his recruits are still young and have been injured. I can't 100% point the blame on him. The scheme does him and his unit no favors at all.

He's recruited well and got players that are Miami caliber in here, unlike Kehoe who brought in Mahoney, Milo, Gauthier, Jahair Jones, and Loftus.

After next year, there are no excuses because the talent is where it needs to be and Scaife will be a serviceable LT, at the very worst and he could actually be a very good LT. He will also return Donaldson, hopefully he plays nothing but guard and the tackle experiment is over. Gaynor will fill right in at C, Boulware at LG, and he'll have guys who have been here 3+ years competing for other spots.

If we can replace him with someone better I'm all for it this off season. But if we're gonna get someone who can't recruit or isn't a good enough coach to cover Richt's play calling flaws... whats the point?

He is trash. LOL at any coach needing FOUR YEARS to prove their worth.

You measure the ability of a coach on how he coaches players that aren’t his.

He can’t coach..the numbers prove this.

Advertisement
Back