Stacy Searles - OL

Advertisement
Year 2 under Searles and no improvement!

We were much better this year. You don't remember the VT and ND games last year? We gave up 13 sacks to those 2 alone and could not run the ball. This year we had our way against defenses who were both better than they were the previous year.

LT St. Louis
LG Gauthier
C Gaynor
RG Donaldson
RT Herbert

2nd team:

LT Campbell
LG Scaife
C Mahoney
RG Reed
RT Brown

Last edited:
Year 2 under Searles and no improvement!

I was critical of searles last year (even some this year) there is improvement, not like some of the aspect of the team we've seen but still improvement. Last year they couldnt pass block for anything. Now we are a pretty good pass blocking team. It's the run blocking that is lacking now.

We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

We DO NOT have a good offensive line! Twelve games and there still hasn't been a sighting of a running game. Pass protection showed brief flashes of effectiveness, but more times than not most snaps looked like a jail break by the defensive lines of opposing teams.

Fix the offensive line and the Canes will have one of the most dynamic offenses in the country.

Advertisement
We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

We DO NOT have a good offensive line! Twelve games and there still hasn't been a sighting of a running game. Pass protection showed brief flashes of effectiveness, but more times than not most snaps looked like a jail break by the defensive lines of opposing teams.

Fix the offensive line and the Canes will have one of the most dynamic offenses in the country.

If Miami had mighty Wisconsin's offensive line, Miami would not only have had a ONE THOUSAND YARD rusher in Homer. Miami would have defeated both lowly Pittsburgh and mighty Clemson! No ifs, buts or hUh. Nevertheless that's all FANTASY thinking and futile NONSENSE. :puzzled: dUh.

For those that don't know...these are the numbers.

Sacks given up

Stacy Searls
2017: 22 thus far
2016: 25 - Miami
2015: 34 - VTech
2014: 34 - VTech
2013: 16 - Texas
2012: 16 - Texas
2011: 28 - Texas

Miami:
2015: 19 - Kehoe
2014: 21 - Kehoe
2013: 17 - Kehoe
2012: 18 - Kehoe
2011: 19 - Kehoe

Sacks given up

Stacy Searls

Miami:

What about the rushing numbers? I think this line has done a decent job pass blocking, it's the run blocking that's an abomination

Folks lauded Notre Dame's oline as the best in the country. They're a senior group and all are expected to play in the NFL. UM's front 4 destroyed Notre Dame. It takes talent and time. This isn't going to happen over night. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem. Donaldson was in high-school last year. Wait until this kid gets 2-3 years in.

Advertisement

Sacks given up

Stacy Searls

Miami:

What about the rushing numbers? I think this line has done a decent job pass blocking, it's the run blocking that's an abomination

They sucked at both

I haven't felt confident in short yardage situations in 25+ seasons as a Canes fan, with the exception of the 2000-2001 seasons... and even then it was sketchy.

I think Searles did a great job with a lot of marginal talented an amazing lack of depth. will they improve
yes, is he a keeper as an O line coach yes. i think the S&C part of the discussion is very pertinent
to explosiveness and strength. Take a look at Clemson, Bama and now UGA their faster ,more explosive.
have watched UGA for 15+ years and they look totally different physically than they did under Richt.
Clemson looked faster & more explosive than we did from the opening whistle.
Our front 7 pretty much got handled & their is a lot of future NFL talent on our front 7
this type of explosiveness does not come from Diet and improved S&C.

I think Searles did a great job with a lot of marginal talented an amazing lack of depth. will they improve
yes, is he a keeper as an O line coach yes. i think the S&C part of the discussion is very pertinent
to explosiveness and strength. Take a look at Clemson, Bama and now UGA their faster ,more explosive.
have watched UGA for 15+ years and they look totally different physically than they did under Richt.
Clemson looked faster & more explosive than we did from the opening whistle.
Our front 7 pretty much got handled & their is a lot of future NFL talent on our front 7
this type of explosiveness does not come from Diet and improved S&C.

Stop it. There is no way you can prove that this isn't the technique and coaching.

Clemson, UGA, and Bama have better Oline coaches and that's facts. Nothing about Searels history, besides being a trash journeyman, says he is well equipped for the job.

We give up more sacks now than we did before and we passed much more in the last two regimes.

Advertisement
If you don't think the OL play improved from last year, you clearly weren't watching the games.

Secondly, I just don't think we are that talented along the OL. And even when we do bring in enough talent, OLineman usually take a couple years to groom before they are ready to play. OL is not like RB where you can easily play at a high level immediately. Like seriously do you guys not realize Corey Gaynor was getting heavy PT at Guard. Like come on, our talent level is clearly lacking. Searles and the QB coach have the toughest job on the entire ******* team, and yall acting like Searles is just some bum. I think he's done pretty **** solid this year. It wont be until 2019 that this OL should be operating at a high level, sorry to break the news to yall.

It won't take until 2019 for the OL to play better. We need more talent and Searles needs to do a better job getting our guys prepared. For instance, the multiple false start penalties to start the ACC Championship game were not acceptable. And yes, at the end of the day the coach is held accountable for the play of his unit and who is on that unit.

If you don't think the OL play improved from last year, you clearly weren't watching the games.

Secondly, I just don't think we are that talented along the OL. And even when we do bring in enough talent, OLineman usually take a couple years to groom before they are ready to play. OL is not like RB where you can easily play at a high level immediately. Like seriously do you guys not realize Corey Gaynor was getting heavy PT at Guard. Like come on, our talent level is clearly lacking. Searles and the QB coach have the toughest job on the entire ****ing team, and yall acting like Searles is just some bum. I think he's done pretty **** solid this year. It wont be until 2019 that this OL should be operating at a high level, sorry to break the news to yall.

I watched the games and what I saw was an oline that looked much improved due to Rosiers small ability to escape pressure and get at least a half yard, Richt leaving both TE and RBs in to block, and a qb who was premeditated and early in a lot of his throws.

We still missed too many blocks, had too many mental penalties, and we lack in technique.

Searels sack numbers over his career are very damning.

Again, with a talented team or not, his numbers and accolades, SUCK.

he can recruit, sure.

Advertisement
It won't take until 2019 for the OL to play better. We need more talent and Searles needs to do a better job getting our guys prepared. For instance, the multiple false start penalties to start the ACC Championship game were not acceptable. And yes, at the end of the day the coach is held accountable for the play of his unit and who is on that unit.

When looking at the last 13 years or so we had to have set a record low for # of false starts in a season. The discipline is there - just need talent and years in weight room.

OL, more than any other position, takes the longest to rebuild.

When looking at the last 13 years or so we had to have set a record low for # of false starts in a season. The discipline is there - just need talent and years in weight room.

OL, more than any other position, takes the longest to rebuild.

As I said, we need more talent, but it won't take until 2019 for them to improve. We were abysmal before, so comparing then to now throws off any comparison. Searles can do a better job, and again we need more talent. And it's coming. Really like some of the players we have coming in, and Herbert, Gaynor, and Donaldson are a good foundation.

Advertisement
Back