Stacy Searles - OL

Advertisement
My gut tells me he was fired by those guys for a reason too.

He obviously needs a certain type of talent and has no ability to improv and cater technique to his talent. Friggin pitiful

Except you're clueless.

Saban went to NFL from LSU. Searles then went to UGA.

Richt was forced by AD to overall offensive staff

Searles goes to Texas.

Brown retired

Searles heads to VT

Beamer retires and Richt is hired at Miami.

Searles goes to Miami

I'd go into the title games by the teams he was OL coach on, but Google is pretty easy

Ok I was wrong. I'll eat that.

He still isn't capable of improvising and teaching technique around talent limitations.

He needs a certain type of talent. We need a real coach for the trenches.

We need a Chris Morgan.

Pretty sure he played in two titles his first seasons at LSU and Texas. LSU also won title year after he left

We have very little talent on OL right now.

Th re is very little

How many were Kehoe a part of?

Based upon your logic we should bring him back, no?

Now you're flailing around trying to move the argument?

How many dumpster fires has Searels left behind?

I don't think they're being taught proper technique.

Such as? Any examples?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR4QKqanys

Both of our Tackles getting beat with the same move. I know they aren't true left tackles but it doesn't even look like we are trying to coach it differently.

How about we try to step into the defenders and not just punch. What our tackles are doing aint working...

Sadly, Bud Foster knows Searels all too well and may have a field day exposing his teachings!!

called it!

Why is our OL still so soft in Year two? Is it coaching or recruiting or a mixture of the two? I know he’s still working with a lot of holdovers from the last regime but it’s year two and the OL has been garbage for two seasons!

Advertisement
We have a good OL that played a bad game.

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

Gettinf Donaldson back full-time will be a big boost.

It think it our strength portion of our S&C program. When we get our hands on a D-linemen we can't drive them backwards. Maybe new run block techniques but to me the physical strength of our OL and DL (at times) is seriously lacking.

With all do respect man, I’m not seeing it. I will admit they have shown flashes but not nearly consistent enough to be labeled good. Pass Blocking has been good though. I guess I should have specifically said run blocking.

I like Searles. There's a reason big time programs hired him every step of his coaching career (Texas, UGA, VT, etc).

Once his 17 class develops physically and mentally, and we bring in these stud RBs, then people will see why Richt hired him.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Look around the country at some of the OLs on Top 25 teams. We have a solid group.

They are underperforming. Couldn’t get much push against Syracuse either. They have a lot to prove this week. Kind of glad we had a ****** game bc the coaches have all the evidence they want to put a boot in their *** all week.

We are only a couple of seasons removed from this:

miami-hurricanes-football-caneshooter-photos-imagers-offensive-linemen.jpg

Run blocking is about wanting to pound the other guy to the ground. It's going to take a little while to get there.

I like Searles. There's a reason big time programs brought him every step of his coaching career (Texas, UGA, VT, etc).

Once his 17 class develops physically and mentally, and we bring in these stud RBs, then people will see why Richt hired him.

Exactly. Need more trench horses. Let them develop the rest of the '17 O linemen and have them ready for 2018. Maybe insert big Reed and Scaife for spot duty too next year, and you'll see a huge improvement.

Advertisement
Two weeks ago against GT, we praised Searles because Homer ran for 170. Now we are questioning if he sucks. Gotta love some of you "fans"

I like Searles. There's a reason big time programs brought him every step of his coaching career (Texas, UGA, VT, etc).

Exactly. Need more trench horses. Let them develop the rest of the '17 O linemen and have them ready for 2018. Maybe insert big Reed and Scaife for spot duty too next year, and you'll see a huge improvement.

Scaife is starting next year. We need him to start next year.

Are they bad? We are undefeated after losing top RB and playing with a kid nobody had heard of until that TD pass in Tally whose top WR is not playing up to expectations. Somebody doing something right.

Advertisement
We are only a couple of seasons removed from this:

miami-hurricanes-football-caneshooter-photos-imagers-offensive-linemen.jpg

Run blocking is about wanting to pound the other guy to the ground. It's going to take a little while to get there.

Ugh.. don't remind me..

You know what is the worse thing about those pictures? the fact those ugly *** jersey has the words "Miami" on it.. so you can't even hide the fact Miami did this retarded *** photo shoot. Embarrassing.

For me our Oline has gotten better but run blocking is still terrible. I look at the elite teams and the main thing with them is the big uglys all run block well. Until we do this on a consistent basis I will not be happy with the Oline production. One good thing I have noticed is that this year outside of the UNC game pass protection has been much improved. Hopefully next year will be the year Searles gets them right in run blocking.

our OL just ain't where it needs to be on talent or depth. It's going to take 2 more years to really have that.

Run blocking in running situations has been very poor. The only time that OL can run block is when the D is playing the pass.

Advertisement
Back