Spring Transfer Portal

Watch and focus on the right side of the line in the spring game.

Then let me know how you feel about Cooper and Mauigoa

@Ghandi I posted in D$'s thread on the Scrimmage last Saturday that Donno had a guy named Bruce Warner on his Locked on Canes podcast yesterday who explicitly called out the right side OL as being a problem. Meanwhile, he loved what Cohen and Lee were doing, So without saying names, he was clearly talking about Cooper and Mauigoa.

It feeds into my narrative that we're rushing an RF to start at OG and a TF to start at OT, which usually doesn't end well. I'll grant you I may be 100% wrong, I don't see the practices or scrimmages. But a supposedly knowledgeable guy who knows the program very well and has deep connections to the team just confirmed it. Believe him or no?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m confident that the 1st team OL will be the best we have seen in a while. I’m petrified of what we have after though.

I'm not. Someone on here said Winston was a beast as a Freshman. No doubt Mauigoa has the potential to be that. But "confident"? No f-ing way. And Cohen was somewhat pedestrian the last few games. We just were ecstatic to have him on the field versus Traore or Clark.

Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled they're Canes and battling to start. I love love love potential. Better than 2022, sure. But that was mid-tier P5 level. I just don't see top quartile ACC play from these guys in 2023.

Confirmed in track meets

I personally think we need a guy who can blow the cover off the coverage even more than a true #1. Young and George (and Skinner and Arroyo) can handle most routes and contest most balls. We need a Dorsett who makes the soft zone CB and deep safety cheat backward and toward his direction.

Advertisement
I’m confident that the 1st team OL will be the best we have seen in a while. I’m petrified of what we have after though.

This is kinda frustrating. We better land someone in the portal that is worthy because we aren’t in a position to be doing this type of ****
Wong playing wide out?

@Ghandi I posted in D$'s thread on the Scrimmage last Saturday that Donno had a guy named Bruce Warner on his Locked on Canes podcast yesterday who explicitly called out the right side OL as being a problem. Meanwhile, he loved what Cohen and Lee were doing, So without saying names, he was clearly talking about Cooper and Mauigoa.

It feeds into my narrative that we're rushing an RF to start at OG and a TF to start at OT, which usually doesn't end well. I'll grant you I may be 100% wrong, I don't see the practices or scrimmages. But a supposedly knowledgeable guy who knows the program very well and has deep connections to the team just confirmed it. Believe him or no?

Just my two cents- I have heard no complaints on the right side of the line. Only praise. To my untrained eyes, I see two high-end talents who will have growing pains but should still be light years ahead of what we've had since the early 2010s.

Angry Gary Oldman GIF

Advertisement
Mario was one of his first offers while at Oregon. I think they show interest.

Donte Thornton was one of Cristobals WRs at Oregon and he, like so many other WRs, said no to transferring to play for Cristobal. I am not expecting any different here. That said, I am one of the "four horsemen of the mope-ocalypse" and always expecting disappointment so hopefully I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LFG!!!!

Offense:
Must Need WR#1
Must Need OT
Need WR speed demon
Need QB we need a young guy who already started and showed what he has but b/c of a new system or HC or because he's P5 or crappy G5 needs a new home.
Need RB see QB. Has to be willing to share the load

Defense:
Must Need War daddy NT
Must Need CB #2
Must Need OLB
Need Edge rusher
Need Another CB/Safety depending on where coaches play Roberts

5 Must Needs and 5 Needs ... 10 quality top P5 players.

Hate to break it to you but we're not going to land 10 transfers in two weeks. We would be lucky to land half of that .

Advertisement
Back