Spring Transfer Portal

Advertisement

6’6 330 is an enormous guard but he can play guard too and we could use help there and he could be a nice swing guy if Lee goes down. He’d be a nice addition for multiple positions.

I doubt we get a QB in the portal who is willing to sit this year.
Yeah - seems like the most likely thing would be to bring in a portal QB after the season and let them battle it out with Jacurri and Emory. Any QB transferring now probably thinks they should and wants to start in the Fall and we arent going to bring in any QBs to compete with TVD.

Although who knows, maybe there is a forward thinking QB that would realize the potential of transferring now so they can get a full year of the system under their belt before potentially starting in a year.

6’6 330 is an enormous guard but he can play guard too and we could use help there and he could be a nice swing guy if Lee goes down. He’d be a nice addition for multiple positions.
FR All american, i dont care where he plays, want in. And continue the theme of big prototypes. Questions, do u have any idea of why he leaving and also if we are on it?

That seems more guard than center unless he’s not really 6’7

Advertisement
Yeah - seems like the most likely thing would be to bring in a portal QB after the season and let them battle it out with Jacurri and Emory. Any QB transferring now probably thinks they should and wants to start in the Fall and we arent going to bring in any QBs to compete with TVD.

Although who knows, maybe there is a forward thinking QB that would realize the potential of transferring now so they can get a full year of the system under their belt before potentially starting in a year.
Yeah i wouldnt mind a high potential transfer who would be able to learn the playbook and have a genuine battle with Emory and JB. Or even someone who had a good season before and maybe changed offense or got injured and lost their job etc.

"A&M has been lucky to have him since he came in as an early enrollee and switched positions because no one was available.

There's a lot of OLs on the roster and with Foster coming back he probably wasn't going to start." -A&M 247 staff

I'd rather get a real OT to start ahead of Mauigoa this season, or allow Rivers to move inside if needed. Not sure if Cooper is quite ready to anchor that guard spot either, tbh, so wouldn't mind taking this kid to allow the two to share the load. Future is bright, but we're pushing these guys to start before some may be ready.

I'd rather get a real OT to start ahead of Mauigoa this season, or allow Rivers to move inside if needed. Not sure if Cooper is quite ready to anchor that guard spot either, tbh, so wouldn't mind taking this kid to allow the two to share the load. Future is bright, but we're pushing these guys to start before some may be ready.

Watch and focus on the right side of the line in the spring game.

Then let me know how you feel about Cooper and Mauigoa

Advertisement
Watch and focus on the right side of the line in the spring game.

Then let me know how you feel about Cooper and Mauigoa
I’m confident that the 1st team OL will be the best we have seen in a while. I’m petrified of what we have after though.

Looks like KB is not a fan of Gary Bryant Jr. UM moving on?

This is kinda frustrating. We better land someone in the portal that is worthy because we aren’t in a position to be doing this type of ****

I’m confident that the 1st team OL will be the best we have seen in a while. I’m petrified of what we have after though.

This is kinda frustrating. We better land someone in the portal that is worthy because we aren’t in a position to be doing this type of ****
We need depth but I just don't see an experienced guy transferring here to sit the bench. Our best move would be an underclassman lineman who isn't looking to start right away but can push for an interior spot next year.

Advertisement
We need depth but I just don't see an experienced guy transferring here to sit the bench. Our best move would be an underclassman lineman who isn't looking to start right away but can push for an interior spot next year.
You grab someone to take the RT spot for a year. Then you have Mauigoa Samson and McCoy as the first 3 off the bench. Mauigoa doesn’t need to start. Maybe get a grad transfer that pushes Cooper.

I dont think we are going to be able to keep Francis M off the field. Samson is a 5 star who projects with enormous upside but will take a year.

Watch the way Francis moves and he is already built like a 3rd-year line (typically when OL starts to really figure it all out). Cooper looks slimmed down a bit and already had the strength. Just needed some refining. These kids aren't like Zion where we put 30 lbs of bad weight on him and rushed him into duty because we had almost nothing else.

Advertisement

Hopefully they’ve got word from a target who’s about to enter. If not this makes absolutely no sense.

Advertisement
Back