Spring Transfer Portal

]
I can’t tell you what that guy has seen, and how many times he’s seen it.

I can tell you what I’ve seen in that one practice and outside of a few mentals and technique breakdowns, Mauigoa and Cooper dominated a good chunk of the practice in drills and 11v11.

That’s a long way of saying I’m more than comfortable with starting Cooper and Mauigoa and getting high caliber play from both.

If you and D$ are independently verifying their readiness, that's really good news. And I know guys like Neal have been impressive in recent years even as true freshmen. I'm just super cautious as those are rare exceptions. Plus, even if they are ready to go, younger OL tend to get injured more often than seasoned OL. Witness Rivers and McCoy recently. Even Cooper was injured last season at one point IIRC.

Net/net, even if you guys are right, and I'm sure you are, I still hope the coaches grab a grad transfer or two out of the portal for a one-year rental. Regardless, you make me much more optimistic about our chances to put up points this season as long as everyone stays healthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Cribby I believe said we are looking at potentially adding 2 guys. Wouldn't mind a guy like this with blazing speed and multiple years of eligibility to go with a more experienced option as well.
Yup, this is the speed we have been missing on the team for a long long time. We finally got one in CJ last year, lets add a couple more is what I say.

Advertisement
Only 1 career catch. Let’s aim higher.

Silly take. A true freshman behind multiple 4 star recruits and transfers. TX WR Breakdown:

Worthy - 60 catches
Wittingham - 50 catches

Next WR?

Cain - 8 catches

TX RBs - 55 catches
TX TEs - 62 catches

Sorry, I'm not dismissing a freshman with his talent because he played in an offense that didn't distribute to WRs very much. **** our WRs had more total catches than TX last season. Let that sink in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Silly take. A true freshman behind multiple 4 star recruits and transfers. TX WR Breakdown:

Worthy - 60 catches
Wittingham - 50 catches

Next WR?

Cain - 8 catches

TX RBs - 55 catches
TX TEs - 62 catches

Sorry, I'm not dismissing a freshman with his talent because he played in an offense that didn't distribute to WRs very much. **** our WRs had more total catches than TX last season. Let that sink in.
Agree, it's not like he's a junior or anything. He was a true freshman WR who didn't get a lot of playing time because Texas was stacked at WR. It would essentially be like adding a high 4 star WR to the 2023 class.

Advertisement
Back