Spring Transfer Portal

Btw thats 2 Texas portal out today. They lost an edge today as well. Thats why this over kill with these high school recruits need to calm down

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you but we're not going to land 10 transfers in two weeks. We would be lucky to land half of that .
Put me down in the camp that we land 5+ transfers.

Would be shocked to not land at least 1 RB, S, WR, DT. Probably go after a DB and/or LB. Then there’s O-line depth and band-aid additions for when the third stringers say peace.

My guess is 7-8 additions.

Confirmed in track meets
IMG_1693.jpg
IMG_1692.jpg

But what about after Lee leaves. If he was freshman, he has 3 years left. This is where missing on Conner Lew hurts depth wise. Don't forget last year we were down for to the 3rd string center.

Sometimes, you have to think long term. Stack chips whenever they become available, if Mario thinks he's good enough.
We landed Antonio Tripp in last class .,..Connor Lew lost is overstated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@Ghandi I posted in D$'s thread on the Scrimmage last Saturday that Donno had a guy named Bruce Warner on his Locked on Canes podcast yesterday who explicitly called out the right side OL as being a problem. Meanwhile, he loved what Cohen and Lee were doing, So without saying names, he was clearly talking about Cooper and Mauigoa.

It feeds into my narrative that we're rushing an RF to start at OG and a TF to start at OT, which usually doesn't end well. I'll grant you I may be 100% wrong, I don't see the practices or scrimmages. But a supposedly knowledgeable guy who knows the program very well and has deep connections to the team just confirmed it. Believe him or no?

I can’t tell you what that guy has seen, and how many times he’s seen it.

I can tell you what I’ve seen in that one practice and outside of a few mentals and technique breakdowns, Mauigoa and Cooper dominated a good chunk of the practice in drills and 11v11.

That’s a long way of saying I’m more than comfortable with starting Cooper and Mauigoa and getting high caliber play from both.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back