So How Does Mario Right The Ship

He’ll bring in better talent.

But, he seriously needs to take a look in the Mirror.

Take the off season studying how USC was able to flip their roster, and the offense they run, along with other top offenses around the country.
It will be **** near impossible for anyone to do what USC did. They have like 50+ new players including the #1 QB transfer, #1 WR transfer, another top 5 WR transfer, top 5 RB transfer..... Yeeeah that's not happening here lol

Advertisement
How are you an elite recruiter and roster builder yet you fail to address the teams glaring weaknesses in the off-season? I watched Mel tucker flip a roster and contend year 1. Lincoln Riley doing it right now.

The portal was not attacked the way it should’ve been. And you can’t use talent as an excuse.

Coaches come in and win fast in CFB now. We watch it happen every year. This is not a rebuild. He was not handed a talentless roster. Look at the top 25, according to blue chip ratios we have more talent than most of the top 25.

Don’t tell me he needs 3 years, he doesn’t. Get rid of the “power spread” garbage we are running, commit to a modern day offense, address the deficiencies of the roster via the portal, and recruit like your paid the millions to recruit.

If Mario can’t recruit this season with a bag put a nail in the coffin the program dead.

In these times of NIL and portal, a coach isn't going to get 3 to 5 years to "build " a program... by end of 2 years, you better be winning big. Too much money invested that calls for ROIs.

The advantage is that you don't need to develop players from scratch when you can poach the portal. Every offseason is a free agency.

The main strategy has to be to pick a winning system with assistants that can run it, then bring in players that fit the system.

I don’t know man, I’m pretty down today.

TVD is a legit 1st round talent QB and we’ve wasted it with a ****** scheme (1st four games) and zero talent around him. Mallory is a fine player, but should never be a 1st or 2nd option.

QBs like him don’t just come along everyday, when was the last time we had a QB like him?

What receiver is going to see this offense and lineup to play in it? Even if Gattis moves on, Mario has him scheme he wants and his quote about wanting to run the ball more last night doesn’t sit well with me.

Defense, is a nightmare. We are wasting two five star talents in J will and Taylor. It’s clear guys are thinking too much and just aren’t smart football players. I think it’s going to take 2 more years to get that defense really cooking which Steele probably won’t be around for that long given his age.

And something no one is talking about.

THE AMOUNT OF INJURIES. SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING IN THE S&C AND RECOVERY ROOM.
Lol so the first four games was all scheme and had nothing to do with TVD himself huh?

Recruiting. You can criticize coaching, but the staff wasn’t blowing coverages, dropping passes, and fumbling. The reality is, we maybe have 2-3 guys on offense that would start at other P5 schools. We have 1 DB who’d start at another P5.

We have huge personnel issues, and are experiencing the consequences of Manny’s terrible recruiting. We need two more full classes to be a consistent 9-win team.

Is recruiting going to solve the issues with tempo and clock mgmt?

Do we need a roster of 4 and 5 stars to score more points against UNC than FAMU did?

Rule changes in both the NFL and the NCAA have created a virtual Autobahn down the middle of the field. Yet, Mario is **** bent on running a Flintstones offense.

Is recruiting going to fix that?

We've seen this movie before. The coaches in the recent past didn't just magically do 180's. The issues that they showed in year one only snowballed.

Advertisement
season’s a wash. Wait a few years of recruiting classes before caring.

I don't think so. I know he didn't lose to any G5 teams at Oregon.

He lost to a 1 win Oregon St team that is basically a G5.

If the B1G plan to poach the Pac12 happens, OR St will likely join the Mountain West conference along with WSU so it actually will get demoted to a G5.

Advertisement
Recruit, Recruit, Recruit and hit the transfer portal extremely hard.

You need the horses to do the things you want to do, and it's tough to do that when you are trotting out mediocrities every week that are mentally soft. There's a reason why despite SC having solid talent, Lincoln Riley basically brought the OU roster with him, he knew he needed guys that he could plug and play. Mario, like most of us(Myself included), overrated the returning talent, thinking it was being improperly utilized by Manny and his staff, when in reality, they were poorly evaluated to begin with and poorly taught. It's tough to fix both of those things in 9 months.

1st and 3rd have a different impact than they did 30yrs ago,

When College Football started to change in the early 2000’s with big public universities pumping insane amounts of money into their facilities, admin staff and programs, Miami had an opportunity to stay relevant and start to invest.

Instead, they decided to go cheap and join a conference for reasons to me that are still unclear today.

The schools who invested 15-20yrs ago in football are programs in conferences raking in 50-60M in revenue from their conference affiliation alone.

Miami missed the boat, and even with some NIL innovation, they’re dead in the water and still stuck in the early 2000’s.

We moved to the ACC because we were HEMORRAGING money in the Big East. That's why. We were slowly going under financially, despite bringing in the bulk of the money to the conference. The SEC wasn't looking to expand at the time, the ACC saw a chance to expand their footprint, it was the only move available, outside of going independent again, which was even worse than staying in the old Big East.

It will be **** near impossible for anyone to do what USC did. They have like 50+ new players including the #1 QB transfer, #1 WR transfer, another top 5 WR transfer, top 5 RB transfer..... Yeeeah that's not happening here lol
Didn’t say it would happen here.. but it would be a great case study for someone like Mario who does want to win now and add as much talent possible.. asap.

Didn’t say it would happen here.. but it would be a great case study for someone like Mario who does want to win now and add as much talent possible.. asap.
Oh yeah definitely. Trust me, he wanted to flip this roster as much as he could when he first got here. The late hires didn't help at all but I expect a ton of activity after this season tho.

Advertisement
When the school decided to pony up mega bucks in to the program a lot of fans thought that was the cure. They forgot it was the same team that lacks major talent and playmakers. Go ahead and blame coaches coordinators and schemes. I saw a fumble last night that cost us the game. I don’t want to wait three years either but it is what it is. Bring in Mario bring in Alonzo bring in kiffin the pirate bring in urban. it doesn’t matter till the talent level is achieved and all going in the same direction. Larry Coker was crucified and yet took an undefeated team to a national championship, why ? TALENT

Advertisement
Glaring deficiencies!! His in game PLAY CALLING is atrocious. But, we already knew that right? Hey, I thought he was going to be the next SABAG! I'm still hoping. I'll check back when we loose again.
I think you had a stroke while typing your response

We moved to the ACC because we were HEMORRAGING money in the Big East. That's why. We were slowly going under financially, despite bringing in the bulk of the money to the conference. The SEC wasn't looking to expand at the time, the ACC saw a chance to expand their footprint, it was the only move available, outside of going independent again, which was even worse than staying in the old Big East.

The school has never been short of support or money.

That was a horsesh*t excuse then. It's a horsesh*t excuse 20yrs later.

With how well Miami was doing in baseball and football at the moment, they could've gone the ND route and gone directly to a network.

The school has never been short of support or money.

That was a horsesh*t excuse then. It's a horsesh*t excuse 20yrs later.

With how well Miami was doing in baseball and football at the moment, they could've gone the ND route and gone directly to a network.
Do you know WHY Notre Dame is able to be on a network by themselves? They are THE SCHOOL for a generation of people, they have a fanbase that sticks with them through everything, even though they haven't won a title in 3 decades. Miami fans started bailing after 2003 in comparison. Even with their advantages, ND is a school that was really close to being screwed in regards to athletics had the ACC not bailed them out by giving their non football sports a place to play once the BE broke up. That's not a place you want to be, because it's impossible to be an independent in all sports.

You realize that NO ONE WATCHES COLLEGE BASEBALL OUTSIDE OF THE CWS, right? That doesn't move the needle for advertisers, so our success in that area meant nothing in regards to revenue, nor did it mean anything in regards to viability of Miami as an athletic department.

Our fans keep confusing the economic vitality of the athletic department with the school and interchanges it as needed, to suit their needs. The ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT was losing money at the time, thanks to the awful Big East revenue sharing arrangement. Keep in mind, UHealth wasn't there to backstop losses like they can now(And even then, it's doubtful that is a permanent arrangement) There's a reason why VT and BC wanted out as well. If you were a school that gave a crap about football and were even moderately successful at it, you were giving a significant chunk of revenue to schools that didn't even try, and in exchange, those schools didn't give you anything in return. The old basketball centric, urban schools saw football as a necessary evil, they didn't play it at a high level and didn't care to. It was a clash that predated Miami joining the conference, hence why Penn State didn't join in the eighties, something the BE brass knew was going to bite them in the *** one day(Which it did).

That was the Lincoln Riley effect. They came because they wanted to play in a wide open offensive system. Had Mario hired a more passing oriented coordinator he would've gotten great portal transfers

Advertisement
Back